IGNORED

Cleve & Lise Pregnant/Record Time (MERGED)

Mudgie

They got married early December, so they can't be more than 8 weeks along...honeymoon baby!

damn! :shock:

that was FAST!

As for the kitchen.. I see on the wall they have some letters: C M L . We know these mean Cleveland, Lise and Morton, but why are they in that order?

that was FAST!

As for the kitchen.. I see on the wall they have some letters: C M L . We know these mean Cleveland, Lise and Morton, but why are they in that order?

That seems kind of disturbing actually. Like Lise is just an afterthought. Maybe I'm reading too much into it though,... I hope so.

that was FAST!

My guess: having them as CLM looks like one name, so by putting M in the middle they're both... connected? Or someone gave them the three letters and no &, and this was the best they could come up with?

EDIT: Plus, as they have children they could sort of space them around in a circle, with the M in the middle.

that was FAST!

I thought it was a monogram type thing? My parents have towels like that.

So, Kressant, Rachel and Lise are pregnant. Darth is probably due to be, though it's a little early for Katie. And Bethany just got married. If Rachel is due in late March, in theory they could all be pregnant at the same time. Yikes.

My guess: having them as CLM looks like one name, so by putting M in the middle they're both... connected? Or someone gave them the three letters and no &, and this was the best they could come up with?

EDIT: Plus, as they have children they could sort of space them around in a circle, with the M in the middle.

I'm going with monogram as the correct answer. The last name is usually in the middle. Slanted down like that, it does look like she was an afterthought.

Also, I think when you monogram things your surname initial is supposed to go in the middle. I don't know why though.

So, Kressant, Rachel and Lise are pregnant. Darth is probably due to be, though it's a little early for Katie. And Bethany just got married. If Rachel is due in late March, in theory they could all be pregnant at the same time. Yikes.

Wow! The pee on the test can't be dry for more than five seconds..

Those S'Mortons are really breeding like rabbits.

NO surprise. She is 30, she had to get that quiver started ASAP as she only has a good 10 years.Her SILS had at least 5-10 years more to crank them out.

It's sad how these women are brought up to believe their only goal in life is to be a wife and mother. Honestly, heaven forbid she not be barefoot and pregnant within a month of their wedding.

Off topic: I read in several different threads "barefoot

and pregnant" is that a fixed expression and where does it come from ??

Thank You!!

I believe it's an expression that started meaning that comes from when one's ankles and feet are very swollen during late pregnancy, and thus you are unable to wear shoes! (I used my Duggar flipflops in August).

Thus, it is all the better to stay inside and clean and cook and be a helpmeet to one's husband. It's come to mean a term of subjugation and domesticity.

NO surprise. She is 30, she had to get that quiver started ASAP as she only has a good 10 years.Her SILS had at least 5-10 years more to crank them out.

If she is very lucky, she has 10 years. Chances of a woman getting pregnant takes another huge drop at 35. Not all Quiverfull women can be like Michelle and Kelly and able to pop out several kids after 35.

Good grief. At this rate the S'Mortons will be having 5-6 babies a year. In a way, these two families scare me more than a lot of the other ones that we talk about on FJ. It seems like a lot of fundie families are having trouble passing their wacko beliefs on to the next generation because their children are either leaving the fold (like the Kellers) or are having trouble getting married young enough to be able to fill out massive quivers (like the Maxwells). These people, on the other hand, seem to have the system of marriage and maximum babymaking down to a science, and none of their kids shows any sign of even the slightest rebellion. I had some marginal hope for Cleve, but this honeymoon baby is not exactly encouraging.

Archived