IGNORED

Cleve & Lise Pregnant/Record Time (MERGED)

Mudgie

I can't blame her for being in a rush, due to her age. It is not something I would want to happen that quickly after the wedding, though. Isn't she older than Cleve? I thought he was about 25. Am I off on his age? At least she won't have to be pregnant as often as Katie, Rachel, Kressant, Darthy, J'Chelle, Kristina, Anna, etc. And I hope she has an easy time of it.

Yeah, call me crazy but I still have a bit of hope for Cleve and Lise. Obviously she'd need to get pregnant with her first (or maybe even first two) quickly, due to her age and family pressure, but that doesn't mean they can't quietly have a few and then... maybe not have any more. And maybe, a few years down the road when they're tired of living in the barn apartment and "need" a bigger house, maybe they might choose one that's not on the compound... well, I can dream, can't I?

Beth will be pregnant and quick....just going by the wedding pictures.

I have a feeling Rachel may not have as many as Kressant or Katie. She was missing from a lot of pictures, including a family portrait, in the middle of her pregnancy. We're only seeing her again now that she's probably in the third trimester.

Darthy is either pregnant, or going to be again soon. She was another one to have a baby right after the anniversary.

Also, ditto to them being scarier. They breed and they are hardcore fundies, compound, guns, and all. I think that's part of my fascination with them.

Isn't LL knocked up again, as well? I think the Sanders blog covered it a week or two ago. I did notice that LL didn't hold cute little what's her face...not once.

I see on the wall they have some letters: C M L . We know these mean Cleveland, Lise and Morton, but why are they in that order?

It's a monogramming style. This is from the LLBean website: http://www.llbean.com/shop/guidePages/m ... popup.html

The monogramming comes out with the surname in the middle. I never liked that style because our eyes aren't trained to read names like that.

It's her purpose in life so at least she has fulfilled it and won't get the pity or the wrath of those watching the clock, waiting for the baby.

It makes me kind of sick though. I was her age when I got married. Two months in, there is no way in hell we could have coped with a pregnancy. We were still learning how to be married. Of course, she didn't live an independent life for 13 years before marriage like I did, so they aren't dealing with any of the things we dealt with. But, whatever life was, marriage and living with someone is new. The way these people force things - marriage after knowing each other two months or whatever, even if you did start the whole courting bullshit process knowing you'd eventually get married, baby by the first anniversary and possibly another on the way. These people have no time to breathe or think. I suppose though that that's the point in some cases. Get the women tied to heavily to the man with no job, no reason for living other than reproducing, and get those kids out ASAP so she is tied for life and unable to question, doubt or alter the path others have laid out for her.

Can't say I am very surprised. They don't believe in birth control and they walked into that marriage with decades of unrequited sexual needs. They were probably making out like crazed rabbits and voila pregnant!

Isn't LL knocked up again, as well? I think the Sanders blog covered it a week or two ago. I did notice that LL didn't hold cute little what's her face...not once.

She's due like any minute now.

Beth will be pregnant and quick....just going by the wedding pictures.

I have a feeling Rachel may not have as many as Kressant or Katie. She was missing from a lot of pictures, including a family portrait, in the middle of her pregnancy. We're only seeing her again now that she's probably in the third trimester.

Darthy is either pregnant, or going to be again soon. She was another one to have a baby right after the anniversary.

Also, ditto to them being scarier. They breed and they are hardcore fundies, compound, guns, and all. I think that's part of my fascination with them.

Word to every part of that. Beth is another one I still have hope for in the long run, but regardless of what she does in the next 5-10 years I think it's pretty certain she'll be having a baby in the next one to two. At least she seemed to have chemistry with her husband, unlike the Keller wedding we just saw (I still feel like like ATI is more about repressing sexual urges while VF is more about power-tripping men, both of which are equally terrible, but at least I'm not imagining as much terror on the part of these women).

Word to every part of that. Beth is another one I still have hope for in the long run, but regardless of what she does in the next 5-10 years I think it's pretty certain she'll be having a baby in the next one to two. At least she seemed to have chemistry with her husband, unlike the Keller wedding we just saw (I still feel like like ATI is more about repressing sexual urges while VF is more about power-tripping men, both of which are equally terrible, but at least I'm not imagining as much terror on the part of these women).

The thing that gives me the greatest hope for Beth is the fact that there are only 6 Lane kids. Obviously someone did something to prevent pregnancy in that family before.

ETA: I agree with the differences. They're subtle but they are there. VF seems to be all about delaying emotion while ATI is more eliminating emotion.

Looks like it took only 2 months to get the first arrow on the way... These Mortons never cease to astonish me: they get pregnant RIGHT after the wedding, no matter what the bride's age. Bet the new Mrs. Danny Lane is knocked up already, too. It's about time, isn't it :roll:

Seriously, these people really could end up with 15+ blessings. How old is Kressant? Something like 25 at most? And she has her 5th kid on the way now. She still has at least 10 very fertile years left plus another 10 of not so fertile years. So she could very well pop out another 15 kiddos... And then there's Katie, of course, but I think she is a bit older, nearing her 30's.

I think that these "happy" news pretty much tell us that Cleve is all the same as the rest of the Morton clan. He lived at the daddy's house until he married, went through the whole courtship shit, moved to another house on the compound, and got his helpmeet knocked up the moment they left the wedding church. He may have the looks, but he's still a 100 % Morton.

--> mortonclanthree.blogspot.com

-----------------------

edit: sorry, did not see there already was a topic about this :oops: So please ignore this!

I don't see where this has been posted yet- I apologize if it has been.

Our boy Cleve is going to be a daddy. They sure didn't waste any time, I guess that's to be expected with the Mortons. I hope they enjoy these next few months of getting tomknow each other before the baby comes.

Gah, when I got married I couldn't imagine having a baby so quickly. I wanted have some "just us" time for at least a year. That was before me and Nokidsdad knew for sure we wouldn't have kids.

Even the pastor who married and counseled us advised taking some time.

Sorry, I meant to post a link... mortonclanthree.blogspot.com/

I like their kitchen- I wish they'd post photos of the rest of the apartment, I recall thinking their paint colors were pretty hideous, but they did a good job on the kitchen.

There's no being alone in fundamentalism. You can't be alone when you're young, because you're constantly surrounded by your eight million siblings. You can't be alone with a boy, because that would lead to evil sex and maybe kissing, too, so you have to have a chaperone. And once you're married, you're not allowed to be alone together for long, because you need to start producing as many children as possible.

Being alone = satanic. Or something.

This was posted a few days ago. Check back a few pages and you'll see it. ;)

Sorry--- I check this board every day, I don't know how I missed that thread. I thought it was strange that it was announced several days ago and hadn't been mentioned here. Sorry again!

Sorry--- I check this board every day, I don't know how I missed that thread. I thought it was strange that it was announced several days ago and hadn't been mentioned here. Sorry again!

No biggie, it's a fast moving board so it's easy to miss things. :)

Archived