IGNORED

New Meredith photo up (with baby!)

Hisey

Mama sure has the crazy eyes in that picture. The baby wants no part of it and Stephen, well the court's still out on Stephen.

I just perused the blog. Nothing like a creepy courtship story to brighten an evening!

Sheridan is so pretty and I have been defrauded by Meredith's tallest brother. :oops:

Seriously. I'd go fundie for him.

I just perused the blog. Nothing like a creepy courtship story to brighten an evening!

Like this:

After Daddy and Stephen returned from one of several lengthy discussions during that first visit, and Daddy began telling me some of Stephen's answers to the 16 or 17 page typed questionnaire that Daddy had been using to guide their conversations, I could tell that a peace was settling over Daddy.

To me, most of the smiles in this picture seem very forced.

Me too, I see that in a lot of fundie pictures though.

Read the tall boy's "about me" on the blog - he says he enjoys:"raising chickens and slaughtering them". Nice.

The Nothern Pikes (a Canadian music group)said it well (gender used in lyrics changed to be appropriate for this thread) : "he ain't pretty, he just looks that way".

OT: I thought the idea of refurbishing an old dresser into a kitchen island was very clever.

Also OT: I loved that kitchen island with the chalkboard paint menu- gonna steal that!

On T: I feel sorry for the baby, because I just can't shake the feeling Wonderful Prince Charming picked Mere out because he needs the perfect stepford wife for his political career. And that just sucks. I hope I am very wrong about that...

Would you really put your blog header with a pic of your grand daughter crying?

Mom and Dad have crazy eyes that's for sure. She seems so depressed even when she writes...

I can't help it but Perfect Stephen always looks like a total asshole. It's just.. I really can't pinpoint it but something in his looks... I know I am being totally shallow, though.

And something completely off-topic: I don't know if you American guys have seen any world maps printed in Europe, but I just realized something while reading the Alexander's organizing post and seeing the world map on the wall of the boys' room. It looked a bit off to me but I couldn't understand it until I realized that North and South America are located in the middle of the map. In our European maps the center of the world is Europe of course :D So it really is in the eye of the beholder! Wonder how an Antarctic world map would look like! [/off topic]

And something completely off-topic: I don't know if you American guys have seen any world maps printed in Europe, but I just realized something while reading the Alexander's organizing post and seeing the world map on the wall of the boys' room. It looked a bit off to me but I couldn't understand it until I realized that North and South America are located in the middle of the map. In our European maps the center of the world is Europe of course :D So it really is in the eye of the beholder! Wonder how an Antarctic world map would look like! [/off topic]

Ha! I had to check out the photo to see what you meant. I'm from Ohio here in the US, and I have always seen maps that look like what you described over in Europe, like this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSePYOoxcTpY6Jjp8Bugr5SbKYIf_nCAEh1ZKG9ynrQmkCqSZOdcA

I can't help it but Perfect Stephen always looks like a total asshole. It's just.. I really can't pinpoint it but something in his looks... I know I am being totally shallow, though.

Actually, I think their map is just weird. As an american, I'm pretty sure the maps I've seen have Europe/Africa in the middle with the Americas on the left. A google image search also turns up nearly all results with Europe in the middle. Maybe they just have some special fundie source that only produces maps with the US as the center of the world :think:

Actually, I think their map is just weird. As an american, I'm pretty sure the maps I've seen have Europe/Africa in the middle with the Americas on the left. A google image search also turns up nearly all results with Europe in the middle. Maybe they just have some special fundie source that only produces maps with the US as the center of the world :think:

Dividing Asia into two parts did seem a bit weird :)

that babys face says:

I FUCKING HATE THIS FAMILY!! :D

This family is highly snark worthy, right up there with the Redmans. They have only been drinking the kool aid for about 11 years. Right after they saw Gothard speak they decided to leave their family size up to god and she proceeded to have 7 or 8 miscarriages in a row before having her change of life miracle baby. They run a close second to McMamma when it comes to financial failures, but still deliver the BS about living debt free. Naturally god gets them out of all of their messes, but there is never a mention of them paying their creditors.

They are a bit different from some of Gothards followers, modest dressing is pretty much out the door, they have TV and watch sports. But the mom almost has a nervous breakdown when Meredith marries, and she figures out how much work she has to do. And Meredith was allowed to touch her husband during courtship. Meredith is pretty vapid, if you read her earlier blogs. And the courtship was just squicky, it was pretty much between Timmy, the dad, and the fiance.

I think they are royalty wannabes, when you look at their photos with the Duggars at conferences, but all those cruises and Meridith's cleavage probably kept them from rising to the top.

Yeah, I'm American and that map always looks off for me, too. Actually, I once saw a really interesting picture of a map drawn by a kid in Australia. Everything was upside down and Australia was at the center.

One of the (many) things that bothered me about her courtship are statements like these:

I'll never forget the Sunday when you first told me about Stephen as we were driving together to deliver milk. Like a silly school girl I remember saying that you really needed Daddy's guidance because in my mind's eye, I could already visualize the wedding with you in your beautiful dress and "this Stephen guy" in his military uniform! I never imagined that my ramblings would one day become a reality.

I'm completely blown away and in a constant state of shock any more. Yesterday, while Mama delivered the Raleigh milk and everyone else was at church, I told her all of the details of Stephen. I had mentally prepared myself to be "set straight" by her words of admonition, but was surprised at her excitement. She was equally befuddled at Stephen's request to "get to know me better", as stated in his most recent email, so she suggested I tell Daddy, Elliott, and Oliver the story on our way home later that afternoon. I did that-- telling as many details as I could remember about this amazing young man-- and Daddy agreed with my thought to tell Stephen-- even though it would seem extremely presumptuous-- that I felt it would be best for him to contact Daddy if he wanted to get to know me better. I don't want to waste my time or get my hopes up even further if this isn't going anywhere.

First of all, I hate how it's implied women get too carried away with their emotions to make rational decisions and need their men to do it for them. Meredith & Joy have made similar statements before in other entries. It's sad to see how her parents obviously trusted Meredith to more or less run their various businesses yet when it came to something life changing like marriage she had to relinquish that power to her father and brothers. Which brings me to another point. Why in the hell did her younger brothers need to be involved in the courtship process? It makes me so angry!

Archived