IGNORED

New Meredith photo up (with baby!)

Hisey

This family is highly snark worthy, right up there with the Redmans. They have only been drinking the kool aid for about 11 years. Right after they saw Gothard speak they decided to leave their family size up to god and she proceeded to have 7 or 8 miscarriages in a row before having her change of life miracle baby. They run a close second to McMamma when it comes to financial failures, but still deliver the BS about living debt free. Naturally god gets them out of all of their messes, but there is never a mention of them paying their creditors.

This is interesting. Have we discussed their finances here? I have wondered how they make a living. Selling milk and a few chickens isn't THAT profitable, I imagine. They only have like 5-10 milking cows as far as I understand.

Farmers are paid little for their produce and usually have to have big farms to make a living for their families. Like 100+ milking cows or selling thousands of pigs every year. I don't see how a family can survive on such a small farm today, unless one in the family holds a normal job that brings in a paycheck every month... maybe they can?

This is interesting. Have we discussed their finances here? I have wondered how they make a living. Selling milk and a few chickens isn't THAT profitable, I imagine. They only have like 5-10 milking cows as far as I understand.

Farmers are paid little for their produce and usually have to have big farms to make a living for their families. Like 100+ milking cows or selling thousands of pigs every year. I don't see how a family can survive on such a small farm today, unless one in the family holds a normal job that brings in a paycheck every month... maybe they can?

They may have been discussed before my time or over on the old FJ. But like McMamma god provides for them, but there is never a mention of them paying off their debt, although they constantly say their goal is to live debt free. I would think the houses Timmy built on spec. went into default, Meredith had a link up on their waterfront property, via their shell RE business. But I don't know how old or out of date that link is. When her maternity shop closed, it was gods will and god kept their family assets from being attached. The property they live on is a rental. The boys do tractor work and Timmy gave up his steady income to become a SAHDad. That cut back on their cruises and vacations for a while. McMama is a far more talented writer when it comes to her real or created drama, and now without Meredith writing blog posts for Mommy and Daddy they are just another bunch of boring dishonest fundys.

What a gem this is:

Sullivan (age 12) wrote this in honor of Stephen's birthday today:

There once was a soldier named Stephen,

Who was so shrewd and brave,

Every time he drove down the street,

Everyone would salute and wave.

Before he was deployed in the Middle East,

All his friends threw a goodbye feast,

And he promised them their names he would not forget,

And that he would keep up with them on the Internet.

When he was not on the front lines, leading his platoon,

From six o'clock in the morning, till six o'clock in the afternoon,

He would blow up tanks full of enemy men,

Or pick up a machine gun and shoot down about ten.

He would fight and fight and fight and fight,

He would fight in the day and fight in the night,

Until not a single enemy soldier could stand,

And their enemy commander lost his command.

And then after all he had heard and saw,

He said, “I think I've got an interest in law.â€

So he finally put down his rifle and knife,

And went back home to his daughter and wife.

He started as a lawyer but then became a judge,

As he sorted out every fight, theft, and grudge,

Until he retired at the age of sixty-four,

And went to his family, which was plus eighteen more.

And as each daughter found a husband and each son found a wife,

He moved down to Dallas, were he spent the rest of his life,

And he watched his grandchildren grow until the day he went to heaven,

And they counted them all up, and he had three hundred and seven.

I hope you like this foretelling of you,

And I hope everything in this poem comes true.

Sincerely,

Sullivan Alexander

Whatever the truth about their finances, it seemed that Meredith did a lion's share of the labor -- in and out of the house -- before her marriage.

IIRC, girlfriend had her baking business, her RE business, and did brush-hogging for a family property management business or something, in addition to raising & teaching her younger sister, Sheridan, and doing (more than) her share of farm & home chores. I'll bet her departure caused a significant drop in the family's money-making activities. Whatever else you might say about her, Meredith is a worker.

Guest Anonymous

And what a racist gem it was in its first iteration, before an FJer sent a message to complain about the racism....

When he was not on the front lines, leading his platoon,

From six o'clock in the morning, till six o'clock in the afternoon,

He would blow up tanks full of Muslim men,

Or pick up a machine gun and shoot down about ten.

He would fight and fight and fight and fight,

He would fight in the day and fight in the night,

Until not a single Muslim soldier could stand,

And their enemy commander lost his command.

Whatever the truth about their finances, it seemed that Meredith did a lion's share of the labor -- in and out of the house -- before her marriage.

IIRC, girlfriend had her baking business, her RE business, and did brush-hogging for a family property management business or something, in addition to raising & teaching her younger sister, Sheridan, and doing (more than) her share of farm & home chores. I'll bet her departure caused a significant drop in the family's money-making activities. Whatever else you might say about her, Meredith is a worker.

I think that was part of Mommy sadness after Meredith got married, lost of income and free labor. She really went into a spiral.

Yeah, I'm American and that map always looks off for me, too. Actually, I once saw a really interesting picture of a map drawn by a kid in Australia. Everything was upside down and Australia was at the center.

I happen to have a world map collection - map with the Americas in the middle, map with Europe in the middle, upside-down map with Australia top and centre, Japanese map written in hiragana with Japan in the middle, and a Peter's projection map from the UNDP: peterms.gif

Yes - it looks like Meredith worked really hard. I know the part of VA where they are located and you can live there very cheaply, but even so, you have to make SOME income in order to feed the family and keep a roof over your head. I wonder whatever happened with the "homesteaders" that the family invited to work for them?

Okay, I have never read their blog before, so I went and looked at her wedding pictures. Do they not believe in hairspray? Because her hair just looks... sloppy. Wouldn't you want to look at the LEAST "put-together" on your wedding day?

Actually, I think their map is just weird. As an american, I'm pretty sure the maps I've seen have Europe/Africa in the middle with the Americas on the left. A google image search also turns up nearly all results with Europe in the middle. Maybe they just have some special fundie source that only produces maps with the US as the center of the world :think:

Yep, born and raised in the US, attended public schools, and I can honestly say I've never seen a world map with the Americas in the center - in fact, sometimes when I was young I would forget that, say, if you were to leave California the quickest way to get to Japan would be to fly West... because clearly Japan is allll the way on the other side of the world. :shock: So in some regards I could see where having your own location in the center is helpful to orient yourself.

Similarly, I think I was in middle school before I realized Antarctica isn't giant, because most maps have it unpeeled and stretching along the entire bottom of the world.

Holy crap, these folks live in the same area as my family! I wonder why we never ran into them... seems like they have enough in common. :roll:

*trots off to stalk Facebook*

DESCRIPTION OF AVERY BRANCH FARM

"We are a small, multi-generational farm offering all-natural eggs, grass fed poultry and beef, pastured pork, seasonal produce, and rich, creamy milk from our beautiful Jersey cows through our cowboarding program."

I mentioned on another thread that my cousins participate in this. I think it can be pretty profitable.

ETA: Two generations, unless they're including Meredith's baby.

Archived