IGNORED

Doth Mine Eyes Deceive Me? - Joshua Titus Phillips

justlurking

Nah, Sam doesn't need to be showing off the coyote he killed. I hail from sturdy redneck and farming stock and my beloved Baptist grandpa, who shot more than his fair share of predators and game animals, had no use for people who made such a spectacle out of doing a grim but necessary task. I don't know anyone from his old west Texas stomping grounds who would have had much use for a pretty boy shooting coyotes with a handgun and then posing for a picture with the dead creature.

The only reason he would have had for photographing that coyote was if there was a bounty out on them but even if that were the case, most folk leave them on the ground and take the picture (and most folk probably had to remove an ear or a foot in addition to the picture so really, this could have been worse, I guess). They don't show off their manliness by holding the dead animal by a leg and posing in a masculine manner Doug himself would find alluring if only the stance had been wider.

My grandpa would also have been scandalized by a bunch of boys dressed up in uniforms they had no right to wear. I don't get the feeling anyone in the VF has any idea what a ridiculous, silly appearance they give to others.

That's a pretty good summary of what I mean about his attitude. Killing things like that coyote is something that needs doing, but isn't necessarily something to crow about.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For when you start the thread on how families fit into VF when dear papaw does not own his own business nor serve as paid pastor of a church:

happyhousewifery.com/planet/?p=5151

mentions the two SAHDs in "Return of the Daughters" whose dads work outside the home (gasp!) for somebody else (double gasp!!)

Good searching and researching. There is some chatter going on now in which people dismiss the threat to liberty (our liberty, not Doug's daughter) posed by QF/P. Most of the chatter says, "Oh, these people will be uneducated and underemployed, they won't be any problem."

Really? Anybody studied Germany in pre-WW2 days? Or noted the plight of the Russian everyman before the Bolshevik revolution? I dunno. I just don't think the QF/P movements can be underestimated, not for a moment.

But I digress. Good night, y'all, and happy Independence Day in 3, 2, 1....

Thanks for the research, as always, MJB! I've also been long-curious about the Torres kids and their marriage prospects, and just where they fit in the fundie royalty galaxy. Class differences, indeed.

BTW, it was Lourdes who waxed rhapsodic on the topic of "really, really wanting babies" toward the end of the "Thank You, Michelle" (Duggar) video that Dougie and crew produced at last year's Baby Conference.

Edited because I meant to add, have a happy and safe 4th, everyone!!

Guest Anonymous
Looks like Sam the Slayer alright...

IMG_1985.jpg

What are the marriage prospects of the Torres kids? I thought they were considered the poor relations in the VF.

Bad taste.... but SOOOO delicious. :drool:

Even with gun and slain animal, hottie hasn't quite mastered the "stance" ala manly man Doug. 'Course, Dougie probly ain't shot nuthin' neither.

Bad taste.... but SOOOO delicious. :drool:

Okay... WHY is he giving a "lay me" look whilst hoisting a dead Canid?

That is a coyote. I've seen them up close and personal in my back yard. Now, they come from smaller than that, to twice it's size, that looks like a young female. My sweetie being the softie he is, he started feeding them meat scraps at our back line last fall, and we could get 5 or 6 of them at once. We had a grandfather coyote come into the yard this January, thing was HUGE. I told one of the farmer's right arm men down the road, and by that weekend, we had a commando force of hunters cleaning out the area.

Needless to say, we no longer leave meat scraps out back. :lol:

I'm sorry you sicced hunters on the coyote that you were responsible for bringing into your neighborhood. They were just trying to survive in spite of their habitat being encroached.

Killing apex predators is devastating to an ecosystem. I don't know why people can't get that through their heads.

I'm watching a documentary on the British Grenediers. The one bit I just saw was the talk before the cremation of one of their casualities - how important it is to put one's own feelings aside because this is the time for the family, and how everything must be absolutely perfect for the mourners. They were in full dress uniform etc. I couldn't help comparing the manliness of the VF's little tin soldiers with these men who are actually putting their lives on the line.

Archived