IGNORED

Doth Mine Eyes Deceive Me? - Joshua Titus Phillips

justlurking

Who is this?

whoisthis.jpg

And why do I find him attractive?

IMO he looks a little like James McAvoy in that pic. Which could account for the hawtness.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is this?

whoisthis.jpg

And why do I find him attractive?

I thought I was the only one.

Looks like Sam the Slayer alright...

IMG_1985.jpg

What are the marriage prospects of the Torres kids? I thought they were considered the poor relations in the VF.

Is that a dead coyote? That he shot with a HANDGUN?

Dude's blog is a celebration of all things redneck:

southernthundertn.blogspot.com/

Guest Anonymous
Is that a dead coyote? That he shot with a HANDGUN?

It doesn't look big enough to be a coyote. Fox, maybe. Either way, the photo is appalling.

It doesn't look big enough to be a coyote. Fox, maybe. Either way, the photo is appalling.

Appalling is right. I can understand why you might need to get rid of a pesky fox, especially if you're on a farm, but that doesn't mean you have to hold the poor thing up and pose like you're some kind of badass. :evil:

Guest Anonymous

If none of the VF families will let him marry in I will gladly marry and my family will think he's great. If we could take the fundie out of him. Well if my boyfriend didn't exist. (Resident Redneck? I'm probably the only girl on here whose heart fluttered at the picture)

If none of the VF families will let him marry in I will gladly marry and my family will think he's great. If we could take the fundie out of him. Well if my boyfriend didn't exist. (Resident Redneck? I'm probably the only girl on here whose heart fluttered at the picture)

Haha, my heart fluttered unwillingly. I was like "EW, he kills things! EW, redneck! Oh my gosh, he's so hot..."

I'm from Texas, so that kind of hotness is not foreign to me. :-P

ETA: Just went to his blog, and he apparently killed that fox-thing because it was in their chicken house! I can understand that, if he was trying to eat their chickens!

HOWEVER, I can't understand why so much of his blog is devoted to defending the South in the Civil War. Judging you, dude!

That photo is extremely defrauding. I couldn't even focus on the sadness of the dead fox.

Shouldn't modesty standards apply to faux-cowboy-tight jeans and extra-fitted t-shirts for men?

Guest Anonymous
That photo is extremely defrauding. I couldn't even focus on the sadness of the dead fox.

Shouldn't modesty standards apply to faux-cowboy-tight jeans and extra-fitted t-shirts for men?

I can understand having to kill a fox if it's attacking your smaller livestock or invading your chicken coop. But even animals are entited to dignity. Why couldn't he simply have buried it instead of holding it up by its feet to demonstrate his manliness?

I can understand having to kill a fox if it's attacking your smaller livestock or invading your chicken coop. But even animals are entited to dignity. Why couldn't he simply have buried it instead of holding it up by its feet to demonstrate his manliness?

Not trying to start a thing here but... It is not at all uncommon for hunters and fishermen (fisherpeople?) to pose for pictures with whatever they bag. I am not a huge fan of hunting but it is a thing that they do. I don't really get hunting or fishing but some of it is necessary. If an animal is threatening your livestock that animal needs to be taken care of. The same goes for animals that overpopulate, like deer. I have seen deer jump through plate glass windows in overpopulated areas, they also do weird things like attack hikers, or people walking through wooded areas on campus. But I digress, the kid bagged a fox with a handgun, and as much as I hate hunting and guns that takes skill. I guess I don't see anything wrong with displaying that skill.

I was too busy being creeped out by the pseudo-military setup to notice details.

Indeed. Everything is make-believe with some of these guys: "Let's pretend we're braver, stronger, smarter, and better trained than we are. Let's pretend we're more special to God than other people." (Hat tip, Fred Clark.)

Want to be a soldier? Join the fucking army! There at least two different wars going on if you want a piece of that.

Indeed. Everything is make-believe with some of these guy: "Let's pretend we're braver, stronger, smarter, and better trained than we are. Let's pretend we're more special to God than other people." (Hat tip, Fred Clark.)

Want to be a soldier? Join the fucking army! There at least two different wars going on if you want a piece of that.

Amen Burris. Amen.

That is a coyote. I've seen them up close and personal in my back yard. Now, they come from smaller than that, to twice it's size, that looks like a young female. My sweetie being the softie he is, he started feeding them meat scraps at our back line last fall, and we could get 5 or 6 of them at once. We had a grandfather coyote come into the yard this January, thing was HUGE. I told one of the farmer's right arm men down the road, and by that weekend, we had a commando force of hunters cleaning out the area.

Needless to say, we no longer leave meat scraps out back. :lol:

Haha, my heart fluttered unwillingly. I was like "EW, he kills things! EW, redneck! Oh my gosh, he's so hot..."

Bahahaha. That's EXACTLY what I thought, and I don't normally like rednecks...

What is WITH their photo editing? UGH. I am so over it. :snooty:

Right? Yet, they don't appear to ever edit or check their spelling on VF. I guess when you attend the revered SOTDRT, things like spelling words correctly don't matter as much as faux manliness.

Not trying to start a thing here but... It is not at all uncommon for hunters and fishermen (fisherpeople?) to pose for pictures with whatever they bag. I am not a huge fan of hunting but it is a thing that they do. I don't really get hunting or fishing but some of it is necessary. If an animal is threatening your livestock that animal needs to be taken care of. The same goes for animals that overpopulate, like deer. I have seen deer jump through plate glass windows in overpopulated areas, they also do weird things like attack hikers, or people walking through wooded areas on campus. But I digress, the kid bagged a fox with a handgun, and as much as I hate hunting and guns that takes skill. I guess I don't see anything wrong with displaying that skill.

Those kinds of photos actually do bug me, but I also don't really like sport hunting. There are times when it's appropriate to kill animals and times when it's not, and I don't really feel like "for sh*ts and giggles" is a reasonable, uh, reason. But, that's just me, and I know hunting is an extremely popular sport in most parts of the country.

What are the marriage prospects of the Torres kids? I thought they were considered the poor relations in the VF.

That's my impression, too, but I think they're both attractive enough that they'll end up marrying children from higher-status fundie families -- just not the most eligible ones.

(Speaking of which, I really need to devote a topic to class differences in the fundie world. They clearly exist, and we mention them in a number of threads, but we haven't focused on them specifically.)

That's my impression, too, but I think they're both attractive enough that they'll end up marrying children from higher-status fundie families -- just not the most eligible ones.

(Speaking of which, I really need to devote a topic to class differences in the fundie world. They clearly exist, and we mention them in a number of threads, but we haven't focused on them specifically.)

Who is this family of which you speak?

It's a coyote (as stated) and it's fair game. They're overpopulated around here. You really shouldn't feed them if you like to keep your small dogs.

Who is this family of which you speak?

For when you start the thread on how families fit into VF when dear papaw does not own his own business nor serve as paid pastor of a church:

happyhousewifery.com/planet/?p=5151

mentions the two SAHDs in "Return of the Daughters" whose dads work outside the home (gasp!) for somebody else (double gasp!!)

Good searching and researching. There is some chatter going on now in which people dismiss the threat to liberty (our liberty, not Doug's daughter) posed by QF/P. Most of the chatter says, "Oh, these people will be uneducated and underemployed, they won't be any problem."

Really? Anybody studied Germany in pre-WW2 days? Or noted the plight of the Russian everyman before the Bolshevik revolution? I dunno. I just don't think the QF/P movements can be underestimated, not for a moment.

But I digress. Good night, y'all, and happy Independence Day in 3, 2, 1....

Nah, Sam doesn't need to be showing off the coyote he killed. I hail from sturdy redneck and farming stock and my beloved Baptist grandpa, who shot more than his fair share of predators and game animals, had no use for people who made such a spectacle out of doing a grim but necessary task. I don't know anyone from his old west Texas stomping grounds who would have had much use for a pretty boy shooting coyotes with a handgun and then posing for a picture with the dead creature.

The only reason he would have had for photographing that coyote was if there was a bounty out on them but even if that were the case, most folk leave them on the ground and take the picture (and most folk probably had to remove an ear or a foot in addition to the picture so really, this could have been worse, I guess). They don't show off their manliness by holding the dead animal by a leg and posing in a masculine manner Doug himself would find alluring if only the stance had been wider.

My grandpa would also have been scandalized by a bunch of boys dressed up in uniforms they had no right to wear. I don't get the feeling anyone in the VF has any idea what a ridiculous, silly appearance they give to others.

Personally I am offended because my oldest brother served in the Army and was shot as he landed at Normandie and spent the duration in a German POW camp. These kids fathers weren't even gleams in their parents eyes when he was eating nettle soup and hoping for red cross packages from home. It's very offensive.

But.... I wonder what Sam is listening to on his Ipod? Dougie's sermons? Gospel Music? Wouldn't that be a kick to know?

Archived