IGNORED

Seven Sisters share a bed!!!!

Daenerys

homeschoolblogger.com/sevensisters/786662/

Check out the pictures of the eldest two's bedroom (they are 25 and 24)... there's ONE double bed in there.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh...I mean, it was only a couple generations ago that that was normal. In many parts of the world, it still is.

Then again, I sure as hell wouldn't want to. (I kick and steal blankets. And I can't sleep in the same room, much less the same bed, as a snorer.)

There is something very wrong about grown adults sharing a bed. A room, no biggie. Small kids sharing a bed, who cares. Adults sharing a bed while traveling or a night away or 'home with the folks', whatever. Two women in their twenties sharing a bed in the family home every night as a way of life is just wrong.

For a second I thought all seven of them shared a single bed! But adults need their own bed. Is even that too independant for their parents? It's like they want to keep them tiny kids forever.

Yeah - growing up, my mom and my aunt shared a room, until my mom turned about fourteen or so and then my aunt got her own room. Similarly, my brother and I occasionally shared a hotel bed as children when on holidays. I don't particularly care about those things, but these two women are in their twenties and this is the ONLY kind of semi-private space they have. It just adds to the infantilization of grown daughters that's so obvious among fundies.

There is something very wrong about grown adults sharing a bed. A room, no biggie. Small kids sharing a bed, who cares. Adults sharing a bed while traveling or a night away or 'home with the folks', whatever. Two women in their twenties sharing a bed in the family home every night as a way of life is just wrong.

I watch a lot of old black and white movies and it appears at one time, if movies are any indication, that it was not at all unusual for two people of the same sex to share a bed. I never had a sister, but anyone I know who had one shared a bed at some point. My grandmother had 8 siblings and one of her sisters moved in with her when they were old and they shared a bed.

I don't particularly like sharing a bed, but I don't see the problem with two sisters who are close in age and have never known anything else to be sharing a bed. Who cares?

I don't know what to think about sharing the same bed, but I agree with kpmom: the room is beautiful. I have some doilies like theirs that my Grandma made. She is 97 now.

That bed looks dinky for two adults, especially two such tall ones as the Seven Sisters mostly seem to be! I think two grown sisters sharing a bed is weird, too.

That said, that room is *very* pretty, and I love how they decorated it. My bedroom is usually a hot mess, with at least one cat hidden in the bedcovers, sleeping!

Well, as is said here often, just because it was done in the past doesn't make it best. In the past a lot of things were done out of necessity and/or no other option or not knowing any better.

I don't think two adult sisters really have any reason to share a bed. They are not living in poverty from the looks of it. Why one bed and not two?

It serves to keep them little girls, just like a few others have said. It's part of a much bigger picture than 'just' sharing a bed.

A little too pink and Victorian for my tastes, but I guess that's how fundy chicks roll.

MY question is whether fundy men really find this kind of thing appealing. Do they really knock down the doors of twenty-something women with pink lace-encrusted rooms sharing a bed with their same-age sisters?

Guest Anonymous

They're what, 24 and 25?

Scroll on past if you've read my standard masturbation rant before ...

I personally think masturbation is a wonderful activity that should be shame-free for anyone who chooses to indulge in it. It's safe, it doesn't cost any money, it won't get anyone pregnant, it's fun, and I think it's helpful in having a healthy sexual relationship with another person if/when that comes along. I would never ever masturbate while sharing a bed with my sister, that's creepifying.

Seeing that bedtime is probably one of the few times that fundie maidens have to themselves, they're SOL on the masturbation front if they have to share a bed. I kind of think this mean-spiritedness is not an accident on the part of their parents.

Nahh....it's just cultural. Jane Austen died at age...42??...and except for when she and her only sister, Cassandra, were on visits separately, they always shared a bed.

That said, the prevailing culture in USA, indeed, in most of its subcultures, siblings are given their own beds sometime in their early teens if at all possible. As others have said, in *this* subculture it surely does help keep a grown woman in her dependent place to have not even a bed of her own!

Wow, I'm surprised that so many people like that room. I think it looks like something a grandmother would have liked in the 80s. To each their own, I guess. But I would not place that as a room for 20-somethings.

But this clinches it; they'll never get married. They're all just so attached to each other and their lifestyle. I can't imagine either girl even being able to sleep one night without her sister there. Unless they convert to FLDS and both marry the same man, they'll never get married and leave each other. It's not just the bed sharing, but it's that on top of all the other weird isolation and clinginess.

Thanks for the masturbation rant , yours covers most of the points included in mine. I would also add its great for producing the feel good hormones and body chemicals that keep folks healthy.

At the least these girls should each have their own bed even if it would only be a twin. The bed in the photos looks to be a standard full size/double. Thats ok if you are a munchkin like me and sleeping alone. Both of those girls are rather tall.

I just have visions of them sleeping on the outer edges on their backs, with their hands crossed over their chests.Naturally their feet would be hanging off the end. I would think that their night gowns are frumpier than anything Lanz produces and they wear bras and panties to bed.

riffles fucking riffles

I've shared a bed with my twin, but only during travel (one bed in our room, and its original occupant doubled up with her sister because there was no guest room), air-conditioning failure, and sleepovers (because we kick and snore and sleep-glomp). If it were an everyday thing that was NOT our own decision, a cultural factor, or due to economic privation, I would wonder why our parents were setting us up for vicious midnight brawling. Or accidental injuries due to falling off the bed when Sis gets a leg cramp or flails like a monkey on speed.

Well, as is said here often, just because it was done in the past doesn't make it best. In the past a lot of things were done out of necessity and/or no other option or not knowing any better.

I don't think two adult sisters really have any reason to share a bed. They are not living in poverty from the looks of it. Why one bed and not two?

It serves to keep them little girls, just like a few others have said. It's part of a much bigger picture than 'just' sharing a bed.

I completely agree. My mom shared a bed with her sister and grandma, and her baby brother slept in a crib in the parents' room until he was two and they added on a tiny bedroom. And it sucked. And that's why my mom wouldn't make me share a bed even if I had a sister instead of brothers. Sure, my mom survived. But she wanted a slightly better childhood for her own kids. And with a cranky kid like me, anything that would make me sleep-deprived would have hurt her more than me.

This says everything I was thinking except better.

Eh, I don't think this is that weird.

My Mom used to share a bed with three teenaged sisters and a toddler brother. I know thats an extreme example and it was the result of the family being dirt poor with 8 kids because birth control was illegal. My 2 female cousins on that side shared a room into their twenties. At one point they got rid of their two beds and got a double bed because it gave them more free space in the room. This was their reason, no parental coercing, and they are absolutely not fundie.

I haven't asked them about their masturbation habits :)

Edited b/c "fun die" and "fun die" are not the same thing

Guest Anonymous
Do you think people didn't masturbate when bed-sharing was more common? I don't believe that for a minute.

They probably did, but I find the idea of it horrible. Well - not with a partner, obvs, but absolutely with a family member.

You wouldn't find that squicky? If not, fair enough I suppose, but it pushes my ZOMG-wrong button.

meh, doesn't surprise me with them, they are clearly very old-fashioned and this just reminds me of episodes of little house on the prairie or something with Laura and Mary Ingalls sharing their loft and bed.

But I do admit that, surely they could fit two single beds in there? although it is a very small room.

Archived