IGNORED

Priscilla Keller's wedding

NJMom

I just saw a FB note on Daniel Keller's wall that he can't wait for his sister's wedding in 26 days and he can't wait to see his family again. I really hope the entire family will be able to attend, and the Keller parents will be happy to see all of their children. It's nice to see that they were all invited. Her shower will be this Saturday, listed on the DavidLovesPriscilla website. I have to wonder if the Duggars and the Bates will all be attending...Kelly is going to be almost at her due date by then, would Gil attend with the kids and without Kelly?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's good that Priscilla has invited her other siblings to the wedding. Either the parents are going to suck it up and deal with it since it's their daughter's wedding or maybe they have reconciled with their "secular" children.

I just checked out their website and the video posted under the RSVP tab and I must say that video was so strange. I guess I'll never really understand it.

I just checked out their website and the video posted under the RSVP tab and I must say that video was so strange. I guess I'll never really understand it.

link?

It's just davidlovespriscilla (dot) com the video is under the RSVP tab. It's more him then her. Just hearing the way he describes his engagement and the day it happens is just odd. Doesn't really shout out, I'm madly in love with this girl. But I guess most fundie engagements don't.

Daniel seems to be really looking forward to have this kind of family reunion. I hope his parents appreciate it and don't act stupid.

Have you guys read the other comments? Seems like Pa Keller doesn't only have problem with his "secular" children, but also with other family members. Oh yeah.. those Gothardites are all about family... :/

davidlovespriscilla.com and click on RSVP tab.

Thanks!

I RSVP'd - I wonder if they will catch it or say anything.......I used my real info.

Now, I just need to find the balls to go. I'll be in Georgia the end of the month - totally worth the drive!

8-)

It's just davidlovespriscilla (dot) com the video is under the RSVP tab. It's more him then her. Just hearing the way he describes his engagement and the day it happens is just odd. Doesn't really shout out, I'm madly in love with this girl. But I guess most fundie engagements don't.

This might sound more like a rant, but I think I'll get to my main point in minute...

I think most marriages are more arranged than sprouting from love for a variety of reasons. The biggest sense in which they're arranged is, naturally, the "design" god wants for marriages (straight, no children or divorce [maybe remarriage can be allowed] etc). I agree that Priscilla and David's marriage seems more like a business acquisition than an actual marriage, where two people decide on spending their lives with someone else. From the "Our Story" tab, David quotes "Priscilla and I look forward to serving the Lord together with all the strength that He gives us." I guess god has acquired a new couple for his "handiwork"...

Any browsing through fundie sites will also list any kind of qualities that are wanted in the ideal marriage or courtship and this brings a lot of unnecessary pressure on "singles", "courting" couples and the families, friends, and pastors who give advice to young people. I did have a copy of Sara Mally's book "Before you meet 'prince charming', but I had to give it away since it was so, so, SO far removed from how I viewed life (it was a gift from a teacher I worked with in the church school I attended). Don't christians believe (from PROVERBS 31, I might add...) that "charm is deceptive. Ergo, what's the logic in seeking "prince charming"? The kind of rigidity found in this book definitely helps in turning a relationship into an arranged proposition. All I'm asking for is balance; it is possible to feel happy for yourself and your groom, but at least show it, and yes, do think rationally about the future. Again: balance...

The video seems to be like the sequel to Josh and Anna's engagement. I find it interesting that David used SO MANY goddamn words that are codes for "secular" relationships (seemingly). He doesn't ask her to be his wife, but he asks her " to join him in serving the lord together". Priscilla doesn't say the word "marriage", but offers the wonderful title of "being under David's leadership". He doesn't say he loves her, but says he's "in a relationship with her that's caused me to grow and learn and having friends and family offer full support in this process" WTF?!?! :doh:

Just say that you love her if you really mean it!! (or do you really?) Like my english teachers would advise, the more wordy your speech/paper is, the less the words have meaning...

I am happy to see the engagement by a water fountain (in a flower garden) and matching shirt trend is being carried on by these two... :clap:

I find it very weird that most fundies couples plaster resources regarding marriage and relationships on their websites as soon as they get hitched, or recently afterward. That's almost like me giving out a list of reading materials to friends and family that I care about that contains books I enjoy after I graduate this spring. I don't think they'd care what I've read, just that I've graduated from college (on to grad school, yippee!) Now, if the couple are my parents (moderate, somewhat passionate christians, but not as fundamental as those in this blog) who have been married for 33 years, then yes, by all means, you deserve to dispense some wisdom to others on relationships. Here are some sites:

davidlovespriscilla.com/resources/

ja20.com/marriagetools.html

Fundies think that because they chose the courtship route and have left that part of their life up to God, they know all about marriage and feel they should give out advice.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years--we hug, kiss, hold hands, snuggle, have our ups and downs, went through a serious rough patch at one point, cried, laughed, yelled at each other at one point, been stubborn and refused to see each other's sides, impatient, patient, communicate really well, communicate not so well sometimes, text, call, etc, yet I feel like we got a solid foundation on our relationship than Josh/Anna, David/Priscilla, etc will ever have.

These fundies think that every little aspect of your love life should be left up to God and for the woman to be under her husband's authority in order for a relationship to work. I feel like for them, a woman has no voice in what her husbands says/does. She might be able to voice her opinion but ultimately, it's up to God/Husband to make the decision for everyone in the family. I think that's bull shit.

It also pisses me off that David and Priscilla feel the need to have a "Resources" tab as if they know how a relationship works. Just because they let God decide, it doesn't make them better than us "secular" folks.

Fundies think that because they chose the courtship route and have left that part of their life up to God, they know all about marriage and feel they should give out advice.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 4 years--we hug, kiss, hold hands, snuggle, have our ups and downs, went through a serious rough patch at one point, cried, laughed, yelled at each other at one point, been stubborn and refused to see each other's sides, impatient, patient, communicate really well, communicate not so well sometimes, text, call, etc, yet I feel like we got a solid foundation on our relationship than Josh/Anna, David/Priscilla, etc will ever have.

These fundies think that every little aspect of your love life should be left up to God and for the woman to be under her husband's authority in order for a relationship to work. I feel like for them, a woman has no voice in what her husbands says/does. She might be able to voice her opinion but ultimately, it's up to God/Husband to make the decision for everyone in the family. I think that's bull shit.

It also pisses me off that David and Priscilla feel the need to have a "Resources" tab as if they know how a relationship works. Just because they let God decide, it doesn't make them better than us "secular" folks.

I agree! I have been with my "love" for 5+ years after a disastrous 1 year, semi-fundi courtship/marriage. I learned more in the first year of dating my current, then I did in the 18 months I spent with my ex-husband. Physical intimacy is something that a relationship needs to be able to foster feelings. I don't like how they lump kissing and hand holding to the same level of intimacy as sex. It's not; not even comparable.

I agree! I have been with my "love" for 5+ years after a disastrous 1 year, semi-fundi courtship/marriage. I learned more in the first year of dating my current, then I did in the 18 months I spent with my ex-husband. Physical intimacy is something that a relationship needs to be able to foster feelings. I don't like how they lump kissing and hand holding to the same level of intimacy as sex. It's not; not even comparable.

What a whole load of verbal diarrhea. It was awful waiting for him to get to the point of each thought.

"We are very grateful for this opportunity to share with YOU in just a little bit in the very SPOT that just a few weeks ago on November SIXTEENTH Priscilla and I sat right down this very location with the nice fountain behind and we got to exchange some nice tokens of WORDS and sharing our hearts together I asked Priscilla if she would be willing to join me in serving the Lord together....through marriage...."

Whhaaaaa????

What a whole load of verbal diarrhea. It was awful waiting for him to get to the point of each thought.

"We are very grateful for this opportunity to share with YOU in just a little bit in the very SPOT that just a few weeks ago on November SIXTEENTH Priscilla and I sat right down this very location with the nice fountain behind and we got to exchange some nice tokens of WORDS and sharing our hearts together I asked Priscilla if she would be willing to join me in serving the Lord together....through marriage...."

Whhaaaaa????

I'm sorry, but if I buy a car I take it for a test drive. See if I like it, see if it's a fit for me etc. Why would I go through that for a car but not for the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I want to know if we're compatible in every way possible, actually having a good talk without family lurking around in case something 'bad' is being discussed, being compatible when it comes to intimacy is important as well.

dude, tonight i accidently ate dairy. (fucking breaded chicken) I got an awful, mind distorting migraine, and excreted various bodily fluids all over the floor because i fell off the toilet/ couldnt turn to vomit.

my ladybug cleaned me up, cleaned the room up, and was generally amazingly lovely. now we're snuggled in bed together...oh shit we're not married! better go ask some kids who have never dealt with anything as a couple what to do!!

I get a weird vibe from that video. I can't put my finger on it, but the whole thing is just... weird. Priscilla looks like one might look as they're waiting for a four-year-old to sound out a word.

They really are ATI royalty aren't they, you can tell by the words it just seems like its a business deal!

Couldn't but notice on Daniel's facebook that he asked a friend if he was coming to the wedding, to which the friend replied:

" As much as I would like to say "yes", I'm pretty sure that no one from my family was invited to Priscilla's wedding. So no. I think there still may be some "bad blood" there from when your parents left Faith Baptist... seems that way, anyway."

SO OOOOOOOOOH Seems the Keller parents are just vindictive lil shunters aren't they!?

oh to be a fly on the wall at this wedding.,.....someone should go and video tape the whole thing ;) anyways on thair main page they have a picture scroll and it looks like they are fairly close with Josh and Anna. Thier are pics of david and p with mackynzie and michael....maybe mack is their chaperone....hahahaha

I'm sorry, but if I buy a car I take it for a test drive. See if I like it, see if it's a fit for me etc. Why would I go through that for a car but not for the person I'm going to spend the rest of my life with. I want to know if we're compatible in every way possible, actually having a good talk without family lurking around in case something 'bad' is being discussed, being compatible when it comes to intimacy is important as well.

Will this be a repeat of "A Very Duggar Wedding" with a different cast? Maybe Priss will wear Anna's dress and veil to complete the vision.

Will this be a repeat of "A Very Duggar Wedding" with a different cast? Maybe Priss will wear Anna's dress and veil to complete the vision.

Archived