IGNORED

Priscilla Keller's wedding

NJMom

Sorry if I repeat someone, I just read the last few comments, but:

I checked out David's family homesite. He had a brother who died awfully young (at 24?!) of leukemia.

Now what did they say about him: They attached a video with the intro: DeadSon was a good man BUT NOT GOOD INUF TO ENGER HEAVENZ ON HIZ OWN. FIND OUT WHY. And there was that horrid video entitled: Are you a good person? which should be banned.

Is this how you remember of your son who dies of cancer in the blossom of his youth?! Screw these parents seriously. Or did they go crazy over losing their child? Still!!! Claiming after his death that he woznt good eenuff to go to heaven w/o Christ...

I don't want to sound like a whimp but I think Pris is sweet. Genuinely, it seemed to me. She would deserve to be happy. I hope this man is not as much of a creep as his parents.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry if I repeat someone, I just read the last few comments, but:

I checked out David's family homesite. He had a brother who died awfully young (at 24?!) of leukemia.

Now what did they say about him: They attached a video with the intro: DeadSon was a good man BUT NOT GOOD INUF TO ENGER HEAVENZ ON HIZ OWN. FIND OUT WHY. And there was that horrid video entitled: Are you a good person? which should be banned.

Is this how you remember of your son who dies of cancer in the blossom of his youth?! Screw these parents seriously. Or did they go crazy over losing their child? Still!!! Claiming after his death that he woznt good eenuff to go to heaven w/o Christ...

I don't want to sound like a whimp but I think Pris is sweet. Genuinely, it seemed to me. She would deserve to be happy. I hope this man is not as much of a creep as his parents.

According to their views, isn't it the "sins of the father" that brings about bad things to people?

What kind of horrible thing(s) did the son's parents do that warranted him to get leukemia and die? I guess they failed the good person test, didn't they?

Priscilla's fiance doesn't seem creepy to me. He seems a little more laid back than the other smarmy guys we've seen, but I just may be reading him as being awkward because he finally gets to touch a girl.

In this video, he didn't seem too smarmy or creepy to me. I do agree with the person who said if they saw the two of them side by side, you might mistake them for siblings. Maybe it's their smiles that seem similar, or just their overall features.

I noticed when Josh was going up the ladder, with the camera angling downward to his head, that his hairline is receding at an alarming rate. Before he knows it, he'll be doing the hairspray/comb over moves of ole JimBob.

I would further clarify the TRUE (kjv-approved) translation of this fundy message as being "Please send us cash as a wedding gift"

Defo... I translated it as asking for money, too. Incredible!

According to their views, isn't it the "sins of the father" that brings about bad things to people?

What kind of horrible thing(s) did the son's parents do that warranted him to get leukemia and die? I guess they failed the good person test, didn't they?

It did not sound like they wished it upon the guy. It just happened. The parents were afully lordgiveth-lordtaketh on the matter, AND they attached a video of original sin and naughty thaughts which us sinners all have and it makes us terrible, terrible creatures and because of this, we cannot enter heavenz wo Christ... :roll: The video is called: Are you a good person if you care...

I just saw on the David Loves Priscilla website that they are going to be broadcasting the wedding live at 1:30 pm on February 4. Is anyone planning to watch? We'll be cooking all day getting ready for our teens Superbowl party on Sunday, I might try to catch some of it. Wonder if David will sing to Priscilla like Josh did to Anna.

I just saw on the David Loves Priscilla website that they are going to be broadcasting the wedding live at 1:30 pm on February 4. Is anyone planning to watch? We'll be cooking all day getting ready for our teens Superbowl party on Sunday, I might try to catch some of it. Wonder if David will sing to Priscilla like Josh did to Anna.

I'll be watching that live stream...with alcohol. Happy hour will be starting early that day cos I'll need all that gin and tonic and wine to get through that wedding.

I will watch it - I think with a nice cab/sav-merlot blend. It might not be fitting for the occasion, but it does taste quite nice and if there is a chance I get to see Mr Gothard, I hope to be quite tipsy.

Wonder if Anna & Josh will stay in Florida, since they're there now, and away from the election campaign, or just show up for the wedding and rejoin the crazy Conservative bus to hell after Pris gets her mouth sucked off?

:whistle: EEEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEE will be loyal to youuuuuuuuuuuuu! :violin:

What time zone is that in?

Can someone invent a drinking game we can play while we watch :dance:

I'm pretty sure it's eastern time since the wedding is taking place in Florida.

How about, every time they say "encourage", "authority", "Lord", "blessing", "purity" or any other words from the Fundie dictionary, we take a sip of our drink? I would say shot, but with the fundies low level of vocabulary, we'd be drunk not even halfway into the ceremony.

I just hope Smuggar doesn't do a surprise appearance during the ceremony and serenade everyone with his god awful voice. If that's the case, then I'll make sure I'm tipsy enough to tune him out.

'm pretty sure it's eastern time since the wedding is taking place in Florida.

How about, every time they say "encourage", "authority", "Lord", "blessing", "purity" or any other words from the Fundie dictionary, we take a sip of our drink? I would say shot, but with the fundies low level of vocabulary, we'd be drunk not even halfway into the ceremony.

I just hope Smuggar doesn't do a surprise appearance during the ceremony and serenade everyone with his god awful voice. If that's the case, then I'll make sure I'm tipsy enough to tune him out.

Ok I'm good to go its on my computer. I'll get some Absolute, maybe club soda, whats the web link?

That RSVP video reminds me of a bad infomercial with fake enthusiasm. I suspect they felt pressure to display what good ATI'ers they are, but this sort of thing does not feel natural to them. My gut feeling after seeing Josh's Florida fort video when he sneaks up on them is that he is a good, but socially awkward guy. I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I think he's cute.

I'm pretty sure it's eastern time since the wedding is taking place in Florida.

With those words, we'll be hammered (and out of wine) inside of five minutes.

Damn!! I have a handball match that day.. But I'll get drunk afterwards with the girls and will think of you guys!! I expect a BIG report with ALL the details!

Priscilla does look a lot like Anna...I always thought that Priscilla was the one with the dark long hair; I guess I made a mistake. So is Suze the one with the darker hair that we saw a while ago at Josh and Anna's?

Also, what happened to Isaac Waller?? It only says on the Waller family site that "Isacc went to His eternal reward at 25 in November 2005, while in Mongolia." It seems like the family did some mission work in Mongolia for a couple of yrs and that Isaac died over there. Was he ill? An accident? Curiousity gets the best of me, I mean these families put their whole lives on blogs out there. It seems Adam and Isaac were twins, so it must be really hard for Adam even if the family tried to put their "game face on" after the death...

edit to add that I found it, Isaac passed on from an illness, lukemia from the looks of it. He was buried in Mongolia.

Priscilla does look a lot like Anna...I always thought that Priscilla was the one with the dark long hair; I guess I made a mistake. So is Suze the one with the darker hair that we saw a while ago at Josh and Anna's?

Also, what happened to Isaac Waller?? It only says on the Waller family site that "Isacc went to His eternal reward at 25 in November 2005, while in Mongolia." It seems like the family did some mission work in Mongolia for a couple of yrs and that Isaac died over there. Was he ill? An accident? Curiousity gets the best of me, I mean these families put their whole lives on blogs out there. It seems Adam and Isaac were twins, so it must be really hard for Adam even if the family tried to put their "game face on" after the death...

edit to add that I found it, Isaac passed on from an illness, lukemia from the looks of it. He was buried in Mongolia.

Do you know if Isaac had treatment for the Cancer...? Or did they try to pray it away?

Also... I wonder if Isaac's family believes that he must have sinned since he died of Cancer... I've been reading some of the Recovering Grace articles and I've come across at least 4 different articles saying how they were taught that illnesses and Cancer were caused by sin.

It did not sound like they wished it upon the guy. It just happened. The parents were afully lordgiveth-lordtaketh on the matter, AND they attached a video of original sin and naughty thaughts which us sinners all have and it makes us terrible, terrible creatures and because of this, we cannot enter heavenz wo Christ... :roll: The video is called: Are you a good person if you care...

Well, they can't have it both ways. Aren't these people part of that "sins of the father" belief group? If so, they can't just say, "oh, it was his naughty thoughts that made him a sinner and what ultimately made god take him."

You know, at least they don't say it's because of the sins of the *mother*. I'm kind of surprised they don't, since females get blamed for everything in their cult.

They didn't know it was cancer til after he died. They thought he had a leg infection for a month or two. He laid in bed and read the Bible. When they finally decided to airlift him to civilization (they were missionaries in Mongolia), he died on the plane.

And I love it how they're all smiling beside his headstone.

I dunno, maybe I'm overdramatic, but I just can't see how one would want to be all "smily and happy" when 20 minutes earlier you've buried a brother that died of cancer. Plus to bury him in such a far away land, I dunno, maybe it would've been too expensive to ship his body back to the US...Will one of his brothers or sisters ever go to Mongolia again in their lifetime?

And yeah, that "Are you good enough??" thing is stupid.

Archived