IGNORED

Priscilla Keller's wedding

NJMom

There's just something about the Waller family involving courtship/engagement that seems a bit off. If you look at Valerie's (Adam Waller's fiancé) family's website, they have a post talking about how they went from courtship to engagement; just reading it and looking at their pictures seemed bizarre. First off, when he got down on one knee, there didn't seem much excitement as the post claimed. It looks like right after she accepted it, they prayed to God for guiding them, went home, ate ice cream, texted a few people and that's it. It was almost like as if an engagement is equivalent to just a typical day.

However, what's interesting is that from Adam and Valerie's engagement shots, it looks like they're refraining from being "intimate" (hand sex, hugging, etc) until marriage compared to Priscilla and David with their obsessive hand sex. Ugh, it's like Josh and Anna all over again and their multiple handgasms. Barf. bag. please.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's just something about the Waller family involving courtship/engagement that seems a bit off. If you look at Valerie's (Adam Waller's fiancé) family's website, they have a post talking about how they went from courtship to engagement; just reading it and looking at their pictures seemed bizarre. First off, when he got down on one knee, there didn't seem much excitement as the post claimed. It looks like right after she accepted it, they prayed to God for guiding them, went home, ate ice cream, texted a few people and that's it. It was almost like as if an engagement is equivalent to just a typical day.

However, what's interesting is that from Adam and Valerie's engagement shots, it looks like they're refraining from being "intimate" (hand sex, hugging, etc) until marriage compared to Priscilla and David with their obsessive hand sex. Ugh, it's like Josh and Anna all over again and their multiple handgasms. Barf. bag. please.

Ugh...I just looked at the blogpost and nearly barfed.

"When he speaks, she gives him her full attention. He likewise gives his full attention when she speaks.(Sorry it's blurry. That particular photographer only takes single - no pun intended - shots, so I didn't have multiple options to choose from.)"

First of all, barf. Second, is that meant to be humour? FAIL!

Barfing all around!

In fundie language, that translates to "Please send us wedding gifts because we're going to be too poor and too busy popping out an endless amount of babies which we cannot afford. To help you feel the need to send us something, we're going to throw in "God" to this message."

I would further clarify the TRUE (kjv-approved) translation of this fundy message as being "Please send us cash as a wedding gift"

But, I would rather they at least hold hands, etc., and get a feel (as limited as it may be) whether they have any chemistry between the two of them.

Ugh...I just looked at the blogpost and nearly barfed.

"When he speaks, she gives him her full attention. He likewise gives his full attention when she speaks.(Sorry it's blurry. That particular photographer only takes single - no pun intended - shots, so I didn't have multiple options to choose from.)"

First of all, barf. Second, is that meant to be humour? FAIL!

Barfing all around!

Adam's and Valerie's engagements shots are the saddest thing I've EVER seen! where's the passion, the emotion, the LOVE???

I do agree, however, from the hand holding, it shows how overly protective they are from boy/girl interaction. They make hand holding look like fundie hand sex than just regular hand holding.

I also agree that Adam and Valerie's engagement shots look a bit off. Hell, just by looking from their pics of Adam proposing to her seems a bit off. I know people react differently with proposals, but even Anna Duggar seemed more excited with the engagement when she was interviewed compared to Valerie. If I remember correctly, I think Valerie was in a courtship before Adam but it ended up not working out. I wonder if she took Adam as her "last resort" thing, since she's 30 now. So much for nor giving a piece of her heart away.

I also agree that Adam and Valerie's engagement shots look a bit off. Hell, just by looking from their pics of Adam proposing to her seems a bit off. I know people react differently with proposals, but even Anna Duggar seemed more excited with the engagement when she was interviewed compared to Valerie. If I remember correctly, I think Valerie was in a courtship before Adam but it ended up not working out. I wonder if she took Adam as her "last resort" thing, since she's 30 now. So much for nor giving a piece of her heart away.

I know the Muellers and can only say that while some of the photos on the engagement post definitely look posed, Adam and Valerie are very happy together. Though I don't know Adam that well, I do know Valerie and can happily report that she gives every indication in her words and and actions of loving him. :) Also, the engagement was *definitely* a very big deal and Valerie was ecstatic. There were only a few pictures from the restaurant and, you're right, people do react differently to an engagement. She's a fairly reserved person; she's just not the kind to jump and squeal in a restaurant - maybe a little quiet crying, but not jubilant jumping.

I know the Muellers and can only say that while some of the photos on the engagement post definitely look posed, Adam and Valerie are very happy together. Though I don't know Adam that well, I do know Valerie and can happily report that she gives every indication in her words and and actions of loving him. :) Also, the engagement was *definitely* a very big deal and Valerie was ecstatic. There were only a few pictures from the restaurant and, you're right, people do react differently to an engagement. She's a fairly reserved person; she's just not the kind to jump and squeal in a restaurant - maybe a little quiet crying, but not jubilant jumping.

Since you know these fundies can you tell me why these engagements are all staged theatricals, posed, scripted and lacking spontaneity ? What purpose does it serve? Besides blog fodder.

good question, experiencedd.. I was wondering the same. (BTW: I LOVE your avatar! Great!!)

Somehow I can't see Valerie and Adam filling their quiver.. this would mean to have s.e.x. and they are so reserved with each other that I cannot see them doing 'it'!

Adam and Valerie look...totally bland. Although, I do like her smile in picture #10; it looks genuine. They're very WASPy, aren't they.

I found some Video's El'Smuggo took of their trip to Florida 3 weeks ago at Christmastime featuring Priscilla and David!

CtYE5U3BTKs

In this one he climbs up a narrow ladder and says its a tight squeeze, to which David replies it wasn't for him and that people are made in all different shapes and sizes! I totally LOL'ed!!! You can tell he doesn't quite know what to say!!!

UOskW1OUPeU

In re: ATI couples looking stiff and awkward -- I don't think it's usually closeted gayness or lack of genuine affection, as much as wanting to be so so careful about "appearances" that you act in unnaturally constrained ways.

FWIW, my husband and I started dating after I was out of ATI, and he'd never been in but his family was still pretty fundie especially regarding courtship. So his parents sat us down and gave us a long horrible lecture about how we weren't conducting our relationship in the most approved way etc etc. After that, and after his dad sat us down with the dean of students at our already very strict college (Patrick Henry) to make sure we were going to be monitored (and I was 25 at the time; the future Mr. kaetrin was 20), and after his mom flipped out because she thought it was too intimate for me to take a bite of his ice cream cone... well, I didn't want any drama so I tried really hard to fly under the radar. We never even held hands in front of them until after we were engaged (3 years later). We were plenty physically affectionate most of the time but whenever we visited his family, we barely interacted because I was so afraid of what they would think. (Silly, I know, but I was trying not to give them any grounds for criticism.) Anyway we loosened up publicly once we were engaged, and it eventually came out that they had thought I was frigid (!) and that we had only a friendly relationship with no passion which actually worried them. So you can't win with these sorts of people, and I think the passionate and affectionate aspects of relationships get suppressed because people are so concerned about communicating the right message.

(and I was 25 at the time; the future Mr. kaetrin was 20),

An older worldly woman! Gasp! I can't believe they let him marry an "older woman" :naughty: bwahahaaha

Those videos just show how much you can "edit" even in photos. On Josh's instagram there are pictures that make it look like just he and Anna were at Dickey's BBQ, when we see on those videos that he was there with three of his sisters as well.

I too lol'ed at what David had to say. That was spunkier than I expected out of him!

An older worldly woman! Gasp! I can't believe they let him marry an "older woman" :naughty: bwahahaaha

Well, concern was expressed about whether I would be capable of submitting properly since I am older. Fortunately Mr. Kaetrin doesn't want me to, so we never needed to find out. I'm guessing the answer would be "no". :)

I too lol'ed at what David had to say. That was spunkier than I expected out of him!

The expression on his face was "Figures I'd find a perfect hot fundie wife, and have to deal with The World's Douchiest BIL". Priscilla's keep sweet smile screamed "Awkwardddddd".

Also, the Japanese tourists were a nice touch. :lol:

True. There was also a little correcting of Josh in that "I'm going to correct you to show you how much smarter I am than you are" kind of way.

I have to say, that hand holding between Priscilla and David did look genuine. I sincerely hope they have the hots for each other.

Confirmation that Suze is going to be attending Priscilla's wedding in two weeks...

From her facebook:

Susanna Keller

Can't wait to go home!

7 people like this.

Mindy Taking Nick with you??

Yesterday at 05:31

Susanna Keller No ma'am. He's busy :-( wish he could make it!

Yesterday at 06:04

Megan When are you heading this way?

Yesterday at 06:42

Patricia Vant wait to see ya! :)

Yesterday at 07:54

Susanna Keller In two Weeks for Priscillas wedding. Can't wait to see you either !!!!

22 hours ago

That video is entirely too creepy for me. That guy give me a funny feeling. Priscilla definitely reminds me of Anna, but dare I say that I find her fiancé even creepier than Josh! These people are crazy!

I'm glad to see that the whole Keller family will be together for Priscilla's wedding. I truly hope that they can also be for Suzanna's wedding (in April?) For her parents to not attend because she's marrying a man who wasn't raised in Gothardism....it's just sad :|

That video is entirely too creepy for me. That guy give me a funny feeling. Priscilla definitely reminds me of Anna, but dare I say that I find her fiancé even creepier than Josh! These people are crazy!

There was also that nasty hand sex. Sheesh.

to me Priscilla and David look like they could be related! If I didn't know them and saw them just together without the hand-holding I would assume they were siblings!

Isn't that fort where the Ghost Adventures guys set up camp for a night?

Priscilla's fiance doesn't seem creepy to me. He seems a little more laid back than the other smarmy guys we've seen, but I just may be reading him as being awkward because he finally gets to touch a girl.

Archived