IGNORED

Razing Ruth's Daddy tries to take over her blog

clarinetpower

Sorry if this is a double post--I looked but didn't find anything.

Y'all been keeping up with the crazy?

That guy is a certifiable sociopath.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's clear that he has no idea how awful he's making himself look. Living with somebody that delusional, without ever being able to correct or challenge them, must be hell on earth.

It seems to me that she is benefitting from commenters' support. She sounded really down in the first post, and vulnerable. Commenters are backing her up, and of course, his idiocy is showing. I really hope she has some sort of support system where she is. I've commented on her posts, just to say ignore that dick, he's full of crap.

She's allowing it because he's said if she does, she may get some access to her mother.

He's Kim Jong Il of her little fundie family.

If you have a minute, go send her some internet love. I think she could use it.

Sorry if this is a double post--I looked but didn't find anything.

Y'all been keeping up with the crazy?

That guy is a certifiable sociopath.

Wow, that's worrisome... but Ruth is a very strong, young woman. She won't let him mess with her...

Btw. this is off-topic but what's the difference between a sociopath and a psychopath?

A commenter told Ruth's dad he should help her financially (though I wouldn't take a dime from that psycho):

Steve Bahnor said...

Hey Darth Daddy,

You see that paypal link on the sidebar? You really wanna' show your support for Ruth, start there. Your daughter is doing the do, so to speak, so get off your high horse and do your part by doing what most dads do. Pitch in and help your child realize her dreams without strings!

This is what Psycho Dad had to say about that:

A fool and his money are soon parted says the WORD of the LORD. Your silly valueless morals make you blind to our commiting to give all our children a payed for life until they marry GODS CHOSEN ONE for them makes this the sillyest thing I have read all day. Do you give money to addicts sir.

Um, I haven't cracked a Bible in awhile, but I'm pretty sure the bolded portion is not in there. It seems Psycho Dad doesn't know THE WORD OF THE LORD as well as he thinks he does.

A commenter told Ruth's dad he should help her financially (though I wouldn't take a dime from that psycho):

Um, I haven't cracked a Bible in awhile, but I'm pretty sure the bolded portion is not in there. It seems Psycho Dad doesn't know THE WORD OF THE LORD as well as he thinks he does.

It's not from the bible! "The bible' means whatever someone like this wants it to mean.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/meanings/a-fo ... arted.html

What a douche. Ruth, I'd cut off all ties, no matter how hard it is. Much better in the long run.

The study of criminal behavior involves learning the various mental disorders that can contribute to abnormal behavior. Sociopathy and psychopathy are terms used in psychology and criminology to refer to subsets of people with antisocial personality traits. Neither is an official diagnostic term; in the fourth edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-IV) each disorder is listed under the heading of Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD). Many psychiatrists use the terms interchangeably. There is, however, controversy over whether sociopaths and psychopaths share the same qualities.

Sociopathy and psychopathy share many traits, which is the main source of confusion for differentiating them in psychology. Traits that sociopaths and psychopaths share include:

a disregard for the rights of others

a failure to feel remorse or guilt

a disregard for laws and social mores

a tendency to display violent behavior and emotional outbursts

Though not all psychology professionals agree on what exactly differentiates sociopaths from psychopaths, among those who believe each are separate disorders there is a list of definite differences. Sociopaths tend to be nervous and easily agitated. They are likely to be uneducated and live on the fringes of society, unable to hold down a steady job or stay in one place. Some sociopaths form attachments to an individual or group, though they have no regard for society in general. In the eyes of others, sociopaths appear clearly disturbed. Any crimes committed by a sociopath tend to be disorganized and spontaneous.

Psychopaths, on the other hand, often have charming personalities. They are manipulative and easily gain people’s trust. They have learned to mimic emotion and so appear “normal†to other people. Psychopaths are often educated and hold steady jobs. Some are so good at manipulation and mimicry that they can have families and other long-term relationships without those around them ever suspecting their true nature.

Psychopaths, when committing crimes, carefully plan out every detail and often have contingency plans in place. Because of this marked difference between the method of crimes committed by sociopaths and psychopaths, the distinction between these disorders is perhaps even more important to criminology than it is to psychology.

From this site: http://helpingpsychology.com/sociopath-vs-psychopath-whats-the-difference Emphasis mine.

Yeah, armchair diagnosis from a non-professional--I'm thinking sociopath.

He is such an evil little man. I hope she just moves on from him, because I don't think he's going to let her talk to her mother or siblings no matter what hoops she jumps through.

He is such an evil little man. I hope she just moves on from him, because I don't think he's going to let her talk to her mother or siblings no matter what hoops she jumps through.

Me neither. The man is all about control, and he's realized that's probably the only card he holds.

But, if he does allow a bit of access at some point, maybe the mom or kids will defect... I'm sure that's what Ruth is holding out hope for, and I can't say I blame her.

This is why this system is so f*'d up.

He is such a massive tool. Ruth needs to cut off the daddy time on the blog though. I'm sure he very well knows how to post a comment, but he's getting off manipulating her to directly post his rants to her blog.

I really really feel for her though. I wish I could make her a cup of tea and sit down on my couch and talk. :(

As long as he's in contact with her, the younger kids have a way to contact her when they have the resources & ingenuity - he doesn't seem that technologically savvy, ykwim?

And I'm sure it's good for her to put his stuff out for a response. My dad was a public Nice Guy and it was so, so validating for me, when he left and everyone was Shocked! and Amazed! that my mom would divorce such an awesome Nice Guy, to find that a friend of mine who waitressed at a restaurant he liked hated him, and so did the rest of the staff, and so did anyone who worked for him.

What I worry about is her interacting with him in email & phone calls, it can't be good :(

It's common for people with personality disorders not to have any idea how bad they look. It's also common for big fish in small ponds not to realize how ridiculous they look flopping around out here. I hope Ruth is getting some perspective from all the people going "You can't even quote your own Bible or punctuate a sentence? Wow, you're stupid."

Why, oh why, does the LORD never help His messengers with their grammar and spelling? At least the ones He sends to enlighten the Internetz.

Enough of the caps lock, Ruth's dad! Shouting at everyone doesn't make your point valid. Not that you even have a point to begin with.

Yeah, I've been wondering whether he is trying to compensate for not being able to physically back Ruth up against a wall and lean over her while ranting. I get the feeling that that's what he likes to do in meatspace.

Welp, I think DH finally got out of the driveway (3-foot drifts plus a wonky starter, whee) so I don't need to camp by the phone to relay updates on his ETA to his boss. Off to shower etc. Ruth, if you're reading here, no permite bastardes carborundorum. And have you seen Tangled yet? It would be a good idea to watch it. Seriously. You got your haircut and don't let anybody tell you different.

Eh, I think she's just giving him enough rope to hang himself. Her allowing him a voice of sorts on her blog leaves the door open to her being able to have contact with her mother and siblings.

It's damn near amusing to see how he has no idea how simultaneously bullying and ridiculous he sounds.

I also have to wonder if that because she was feeling so down about her situation after the engagement was broken off, she let her guard down regarding her father? I hope that these exchanges are showing her that she's done, and is doing, exactly the right thing.

You know, I hope Ruth is saving his posts and emails. Because those are evidence for when she requests a restraining order against him. It's only a matter of time- I hope- before she gets one.

Thats so sad!

I hadn't seen that blog before... Can someone give me a rundown?

I presume she is no longer living at home? and Daddy Dearest is do the whole shun thing not allowing Mother or Siblings to interact with her?

Where is she living etc?

I feel so bad for her, glad she seems to be getting a lot of support on the comments though.

Archived