IGNORED

fundies while shopping

Guest Sahmof5

Guest Anonymous

UHG! I have to vent my frustration! I went to the mall, now I do not dress slutty but I do not dress in jumpers, I like tight jeans and tight shirts, and well I feel I dress stylish. So I am in a shop with all my kids fundys see a women with kids and think oh wow we can relate. Now I am not a fundy I did not have my kids because God told me to, I just always wanted a larger family, and frankly I get pregnant if my husband looks at me. So Fundies are always talking to me not a big deal, then they find out I am not a fundy and bam I get comments, but the mean comments about my family size are always Fundies. Other people are normally just joking around with me. I think because we are just a normal family, or I look like I am too busy to be harassed.lol

OK back to the original rant.lol So I am at the mall and this killer shop has a huge sale, so I go in my husband follows me and then takes off with the kids, so I can shop. And this Fundy lady followed me in. Not just any Fundy lady, we are talking the long jumper and a Amish covering, but she was not Amish she was just a crazy lady who follows me in the store, ok the display at the front of the store has a lady in a dress that was super short with cutouts all down the sides, and corsets not a modest store. And they have corsets on sale, so my husband says get a corset those are super sexy. So she just glares at me then begins to tisk tisk me as I am looking at clothes. I am thinking why the hell are you in here you obviously are not going to wear a single thing in this store. So I am getting annoyed and then she says something to the effect that she is better than me because all her kids have the same Dad. WTH! Ok if it wasn't for the fact I still had my daughter, she is 5, and I would have bitch slapped her. If I don't wear a jumper and have a head covering on and I have more than normal amount of kids I am bad. And so what if all my kids had different Dads they where all dressed very nice and where well behaved and my husband was helping out. But my kids all DO have the same Dad we have been together from the time I was a teenager. So her comment even pissed me off more, because we all do have the same Dad, I have been with the same man from the time I was in High School so I have never slept around or anything. :roll: But automaticly she judges me as a bad person who sleeps around because I am not a fundy. So I got the crazy fundy who followed me into a shop and started judging me over how many kids I had. Yep but they are so persecuted. :roll:

Ok and I had to complain to someone so you all got my vent, my husband just says you should have said something and it isn't a big deal. And we are on vacation with all my inlaws, so basicly I am in hell I went to the mall to let off steam and I got followed by a fundy. Can we say ahk! I am in a very very fundy place bible belt USA and it is killing me.

I almost yelled at her you know some of us just like to have Sex and like Babies so we have them because we want them! Not to show how much we give up in our lives for God. She had a whole troop of kids too, but I doubt she enjoys her kids. I mean the lady followed me in a store to make rude comments to me, so she wasn't exactly a fun friendly type of person. :naughty:

I can't help but think of all the fundies with more than one "baby daddy" (just as the Jeubs wife, who had kids by two or three guys) I wonder what she would say about them.

I can't help but think of all the fundies with more than one "baby daddy" (just as the Jeubs wife, who had kids by two or three guys) I wonder what she would say about them.

That she was still a better Christian than them.

Guest Anonymous

wanted to add I am not far from Bill Gothards own church so truly I am fundyville.lol Western Hill church, the Duggars have also gone there a few times.

That lady was just an ugly, nasty, mean bitch. To make any judgement of you is wrong, let alone in front of your child. Clearly, she was on a mission since she followed you into the store. I am sorry that happened to you, but rest assured you are a much happier person than she and she knows it! That is your real sin in her eyes.

I can sympathize. I live in Duggarland and have a larger than average family. My husband and I have been married for 17 years, our oldest child is 15 and couldn't be more obviously biological. All of our kids do NOT have the same biological father, but then neither do they all have the same biological mother. Some are adopted, some are foster, but that thought never enters the heads of the fundies who feel duty bound let me know they are judging me because of my obvious sin. Not that having children by several bio parents is something to judge anyway, but they always jump to what they think is the worst conclusion.

What is the most amusing is the few people who have come to the conclusion that I have cheated on my husband, gotten pg and he never noticed that the brown skinned kids didn't come from his pale, Irish loins. Those are the people that strike up the "So...are they all YOURS?" convo with my husband, always with a pointed look. We have had some serious fun at those people's expense :)

I bet she was jealous because she thought you were intentionally try to out-breed the fundies with your own beliefs. That's why they have so many kids, so she probably assumed you did it for the same reason. She probably felt threatened by your non-fundie lifestyle because you had more kids than some fundies manage. For all their talk about loving children, they truly can't understand the concept of someone having a bunch of kids just because you want them, with no ulterior motive or 200-year plan for world domination.

This is what is inherently wrong with fundies. They assume and then expect everyone adhere to their narrow biased world view.

This is just one of the reasons why I don't go ooohhhhing and ahhhhing when a fundy marries or announces a new zygote. This is the root, that which is hidden under the pretty frumper and peterpan collar and the girls in the kitchen. It is a woman's willingness to use her masters tools against her own sisters.

That woman should count her blessings because I would have opened the old lady can of whoopass and melted that speshul snowflake.

I'd have reported her to security. WTH. Followed you into a store? Began harassing you with personal conversation.

My head spins that anyone, anywhere does this. What is wrong with people? Shut up and mind your own business.

Thats so awful, I am so angry on your behalf!!!

I so would have said something to her, and torn strips off the cow!!!

I've done this before with people lol!!! I will not hold my tongue when someone else has the gaul to start something with me they cannot finish!

I would have start spurting on about how UNCHRISTIAN it was to judge anyone in the first place and the fact all the kids are from the same man etc, and why the frick is she even in there! *grrr* really makes me mad people sticking their noses into your business and making assumptions based on not even knowing you and just how you look etc. Really freaking annoys me. So sorry you had this happen!!!

See, these are the ones I would LOVE to engage so I can put them in their place.

When we did foster care, one of our children was an infant of mixed race. I was on the receiving end of a lot of comments. It didn't matter if my husband was with me or not, although it was worse when I was alone. Apparently, a mother carrying a child of a different ethnicity apparently means I'm a slut who sleeps with lots of black men.

When we adopted our son, also biracial, my eyes were further opened to the amount of assholes that exist. Most of them fundie Christians.

I send my apologies and regrets to you for the shitty encounter you had with this idiot. I know that even when your adversary is an ignorant fuck their words can still cut. In situations like these, I try to remember my stoic philosophy: Can we really expect that there aren't dumb-asses like this in the world? And that we won't have the displeasure of their contact sometimes? Just know that you will have a more enjoyable life than her and more's the pity to her!

According to Etiquette Hell - the correct response is "My, what an interesting assumption!" Then proceed with the cut direct.

A cold glare and absolute silence is also totally approved.

See, these are the ones I would LOVE to engage so I can put them in their place.

When we did foster care, one of our children was an infant of mixed race. I was on the receiving end of a lot of comments. It didn't matter if my husband was with me or not, although it was worse when I was alone. Apparently, a mother carrying a child of a different ethnicity apparently means I'm a slut who sleeps with lots of black men.

When we adopted our son, also biracial, my eyes were further opened to the amount of assholes that exist. Most of them fundie Christians.

I was the daycare mother to 4 children while pregnant with my 4th son and would get nasty comments because of it. My sons and my daycare kids just so happened to make perfect stairsteps but while my kids had everything from dark brown hair and olive skin to dark blond with olive skin her kids were all very blond with very light skin. The oldest was only 9 and the baby was just under a year. People would come up and make a huge deal to count all 7, point to my stomach and say;

Don't you know about BC?

Will this one be your husband's or someone elses?

You must be a whore to have this many little kids.

Your kids look so different that you must be cheating on your husband.

And I had one little old confused woman ask if I was a nun since I had so many kids. I think she was mixing up who has kids when catholic.

Also I had a great many fundies before I knew what fundies were, come up and discuse quiverful and how I was fighting the good fight. :? And here I thought they meant getting from the car to swim lessons without losing anyone. :oops:

This smells fishy to me.

My encounter today was at TSC, about 4 or 5 boys, a very young looking woman wearing a long denim skirt (either the mom or sister), and a guy who was obviously the dad, but looked older than the woman. They were plesant, and the boys were enjoying looking at all the toys that were on clearance after Christmas.

Ugh...she actually followed you? That's super creepy. I think sometimes when someone has zero self esteem the only way they can feel better about themselves is to put others down. This is likely the case if she's bought into the patriarchy.

I encountered a family at the Field Museum yesterday. The father looked at me and smiled...was surprised I didn't get reprimanded for looking like one of 'dem lesbians (I have super short hair...thankfully living in Chicago I can count on one hand the number of judgements I've had in the past 5 1/2 years).

ETA additional comments

Some fundies at my mom's church once told me that they knew my "secret."

I asked them what my "secret" supposedly was.

"That you're really your sister's teen mother and your mom is covering for you."

I'm 12 years older than my sister. She is 100% my sister. These fundies told me Jesus would forgive me for having had sex so young and having secretly given birth to her, if I just confessed to them and let "Jesus into my heart."

It was one of the most startingly offensive assumptions someone had ever made about me I could only conclude that their seriously overactive imaginations are hiding projections of their own.

This smells fishy to me.

My encounter today was at TSC, about 4 or 5 boys, a very young looking woman wearing a long denim skirt (either the mom or sister), and a guy who was obviously the dad, but looked older than the woman. They were plesant, and the boys were enjoying looking at all the toys that were on clearance after Christmas.

'

Sadly, the ugly behavior described by the OP does happen. I use to work with a fundie over 10 years ago. She took great pride in going out of her way to let others know just how they were wicked and failing the Lord. When her husband was laid off of work she went after me and I was her supervisor. She told me it was just wrong that a Christian family was suffering while my husband and I were well off since my husband was a godless Hindu or something. That they should be rich because they were Christians and we should be suffering. I still want to slap that bitch. Instead, I reported her and threatend to sue my employer if they didn't take action. They were prone to letting things go unless it involved them personally

ETA HR had a come to Jesus meeting with her and wrote her up. My staff froze her out for several months until she fell of her high horse and started acting nice. Notice I didn't say being nice.

Guest Anonymous

well I don't know why it smells fishy, trust me if I was going to troll you I could do better than some weird women in a jumper followed me into a store and made a weird comment to her daughter about me. ;) thanks for the comments guys, I don't post much, I mainly just lurk on my phone and you guys make me giggle. She was a mean hateful bitch, I should have said something. As for security, seriously it was the mall the day after Christmas, I didn't even think about it. It was only about a 3 min encounter at the most she followed me in did I was through of the store said something had a clerk glare at her and took off. I was just pissed I didn't yell back at her. At the time I was just stunned. And afterwards it ate at me and pissed me off, I know we have had moments where we think DAMN I should have said something. it was just funny that it was a Fundy with a headcovering and everything so I had to post it here. I don't run into alot of fundys IRL like that I mean an occasional dresses only, but not the full headcovering two tops but not Amish type of person in the MALL. I mainly see them online but I have see several this week. And online it is just funny, but IRL they give me the willys.

I'm 12 years older than my sister. She is 100% my sister. These fundies told me Jesus would forgive me for having had sex so young and having secretly given birth to her, if I just confessed to them and let "Jesus into my heart."

Riiiiiight. Because it's totally within THEIR power to forgive anybody of any sin. *eyeroll*

And here I thought they meant getting from the car to swim lessons without losing anyone. :oops:

I love it!

My sister is 5 years older than me, and ended up a single mom with her first child. Ex left her while she was pregnant. My parents let her move back home, and we became very close. I was her birthing coach at the rip old age of 16. I loved taking my nephew everywhere and didn't give a rip who thought he was my kid. Secretly, I think I liked it when they thought he was mine.

I remember a time at Target, two little old ladies struck up a conversation, cooing over my baby nephew, asking all the questions that anyone with baby lust likes to ask. A few girls close to my age walked by and muttered "slut" under their breath. The little old ladies told me "don't mind them, sweetie they just didn't caught!"

I had a random fundy sighting on the 23rd. Wal-Mart was packed and we were doing last minute shopping and picking up 'scripts. The men and boys were dressed normally, the woman was in a frumper with the kerchief style head covering. I hate those. We used to wear those in the barn to try and keep the hay and straw out of our hair so not only are they ugly to me, but the scream "dirty" to me. I was only able to watch the family for a few moments as we were too busy, but Mr. Sunny turned to me and said "Fundies just for you: Merry Christmas!"

Archived