IGNORED

Proving atheism wrong... with science!

Conuly

Oh boy. Apparently, in addition to not believing in evolution or the principles of basic geology, Christians also don't believe in the water cycle.

twitpic.com/7z17zc

Oh boy. Apparently, in addition to not believing in evolution or the principles of basic geology, Christians also don't believe in the water cycle.

twitpic.com/7z17zc

I don't understand how someone can logically defend the idiocy I just read on that page. I could pick it apart, but with no common place to begin, except that we both accept there IS water.

Wow. On the one hand, I want to laugh. On the other, I'm just very, very sad...and scared. I hope that was a Poe. I considered deconstructing the whole thing, but there's just so much stupid.

I don't understand how someone can logically defend the idiocy I just read on that page. I could pick it apart, but with no common place to begin, except that we both accept there IS water.

Same here! I don't even know what to say about it.

Except, do these people... I mean, have they ever heard of sewers and stuff and... that we don't just... magically make water disappear and that... sometimes it rains and also... that... that water vapor is a thing... and everything??? I think they broke my communication skills.

I sort of feel like it is a poe. I read through some of LoveGod50's tweets, and they say things like:

Really hate visiting the in-laws. Every time we visit they try and lecture me on bringing up my children. They're pathetic liberals.

Back home to Texas now, felt sick in that liberal poisoned state New York.

I was tricked by @Reverendpasta, said he was a follower of God. Report him to Twitter fellow Christians "thou shall not bear false witness"

My kids don't go to school, we homeschool them like any proper parents should.

He also believes that the rapture is coming on NYE because of someone named Keith. Of course, he seems to have something of a twitter war going with Ricky Gervais, so maybe he's serious. In other words, "Can't tell if trolling, or just really stupid..."

Actually, his list of accounts to boycott is a pretty funny grab bag :D

List of tweeters to boycott. All children of the devil. 1. @RickyGervais 2. @MargieJPhelps 3. @BarackObama 4. @LadyGaga 5. @RickWarren

I'm rather on the side of science but at the same time, this is the poem that sums up my philosophy

Relivion is the devil

Science is the whore

Money is it's lifeblood

And gets off by making war.

Actually, his list of accounts to boycott is a pretty funny grab bag :D

Rick Warren has some haters in fundie crowds.

I'm not a huge Lady Gaga fan, but I think she probably has more kindness in her heart that people like LovesGod does.

God, I hope he IS trying for satire. That occurred to me, but I went ahead with it anyway because even if he is, you shouldn't let the facts get in the way of a good laugh, right?

This argument doesn't even make sense, and my brain hurts trying to find his logic.

But I wonder... does the writer really think that the world was created with 6 billion people? Or is his head too far up his ass to even consider that Adam+Eve= 2. His just proved himself an idiot.

Loving the exchange with Ricky Gervais.

rickygervais Ricky Gervais

“@LoveGod50: Urine is NOT H20 you pillocks." Yeh pillocks! No H2O in urine, or sweat or rain or any thing else. Just glasses of water.

I loved him before, I luuuuuuuurrrrrrrvvvvvvveeeeeee him now.

Should we invite him to the party? :obscene-drinkingcheers::occasion-balloons:

OMG - I barely remember high school science and even I know that's not even close to being able to be called scientific. Condensation. Atmosphere. Clouds. Water vapor. Glaciers. Um.... I know I'm forgetting a lot but...WTF? If I met this halfwit in real life I'd probably agree because anyone peddling that kind o' crazy isn't to be trifled with.

This totally reminds me of Ray Comforts Banana of intelligent design!!!!

Seriously, he goes on and on about how the Banana fits in your hand perfectly with its ridges and such, and how it curves towards you for easy entry into your mouth and shit:

Its Hilarious!!!

and the comments are too.... This one is my favorite:

the banana fits in your butt too....

What's hilarious about Comfort is that the banana IS a great example of design - it's the product of 7,000 to 10,000 years of patient cultivation. Wild bananas are seedy and don't taste very good. (Cultivated bananas, due to their lack of seeds, are all clones of each other and are at a genuine risk of commercial extinction, just like the Gros Michel variety in the 20s. It's going to be the Irish Potato Famine all over again, but with bananas and hopefully less starvation.)

Ah, gotcha.

Not only does their lack of logic (and their ignorance of the water cycle, a concept taught in elementary school) boggle my mind, but it's the first time I've ever heard anyone claim outright that the Bible says that the earth is only 6000 years old. What I mean is, I've heard it implied through conclusion, but I've never heard it claimed that it says that explicitly in the Bible. So of course, as someone who reads and studies it constantly wonders, where does it say that? Considering that the King James Version (the version most cherished by fundies) was published in 1611, wouldn't the earth now be 6400 years old instead? And of course you know most of them aren't bothering to look back at the original Hebrew and Greek texts the current Bible editions were all translated from :roll:

Archived