IGNORED

The Duggars home church

Free2BeMe

Presuming it's legit, it screams pretty typical IFBstyle fundy-esp the pot'faith' lunch. (Mustn't use such words as 'luck'. We had pot-'providence' dinners at my fundy church because we were Calvinists). "Caring for the heart" sounds suspiciously like a Gothardite 'ministry'.

Like most fundy churches, I'm sure they just ooze out the welcoming vibes. Unless, of course, you're not dressed right or it's otherwise obvious that they won't be reeling you into their sect.

I was wondering about something that would fall under this thread. What does everyone do when the Duggars are gone from home on one of their tours? I mean the church is held in their home so do their church followers break in every Sunday or are they SOL?

Well, judging from the quality of writing, I'd say this was either written by a 2nd grader or an ATI grad. I'd certainly hope that JB doesn't leave the service. That would be extremely rude.

P.S. A "pot-faith" does not sound like something that should be had at church. Just sayin'.

I always assumed "home" was a relative term. Maybe they have a barn or something on their property they can use. As big as the Duggar house is, I can't imagine getting a tonne of people in their for a service.

I always assumed "home" was a relative term. Maybe they have a barn or something on their property they can use. As big as the Duggar house is, I can't imagine getting a tonne of people in their for a service.

But they claim in their books and have photos to show that they do have their church in the TTH. At one point they claimed to have a rental house that was much smaller as the home church but lately they only talk about the TTC house as being the only church.

But they claim in their books and have photos to show that they do have their church in the TTH. At one point they claimed to have a rental house that was much smaller as the home church but lately they only talk about the TTC house as being the only church.

Where do they hold services then? In the big area downstairs by the kitchen? I guess if you moved all the furniature you could fit a few chairs in. Must be a PITA to do every week though.

Where do they hold services then? In the big area downstairs by the kitchen? I guess if you moved all the furniature you could fit a few chairs in. Must be a PITA to do every week though.

They have in the living room right off the kitchen and they do move the furniture around. After they bring in all the dining room chairs there are still some people who have to stand. Well that at least is what I have understood from the books and a few photos that Josh posted.

We saw on the show a few pans of the area when they are holding a service in their mega lounge/dinning area right? I distinctly remember seeing Boob on a microphone with heaps of peeps around and a slideshow thingy behind him.

But I do remember them saying they change houses each week too... so not sure if they do that or not anymore?

The page or so they mention the church in their book (going by Amazon's search function, in any case) sort of fits with what the original commenter said, though it's hard to tell what time period they're writing about.

"As time went on and our family grew, we almost outnumbered the senior citizens in our Sunday school class! Around that time, we met Clark and Denise Wilson, who had moved from Mississippi to northwest Arkansas to do church planting. They started a little Baptist Church that was meeting in an office trailer. We decided to join them.

Their focus was on encouraging families to worship together - the way we loved to worship. Several other likeminded families joined that church fellowship, and through the messages and teaching, we grew into a close-knit group, all desiring to train our families to impact the world for Christ. Some got involved in politics, ran and got elected, while others developed family music outreaches. We all have a heart for widows and the fatherless, knowing that God says caring for and serving them is true religion and ministry.

Our church services included each family's prayer requests and praise reports to share what God had done in our lives that week. It was truly a time of revival in our hearts, and we saw God open many doors. We loved worshiping together as families - although, as you can imagine, with so many small children from infants on up, there was quite a bit of noise. The preacher would press on through the dull roar of children wiggling and babies crying.

We eventually outgrew the office trailer and started taking turns meeting in the different families' homes where there was more space. The Sunday morning services then expanded to include a dinner fellowship afterward; we call it a pot-faith dinner - because we don't believe in luck. Everyone brought food to share, and the families stayed for several hours after church and had a great time of fellowship together. The girls would talk or play games while the boys usually played football in the yard. The adults would visit while keeping an eye on the children.

After a few years, Pastor Wilson and his family moved back to Mississippi to to be near their family and assist his mother, who was ill. At that point the men in the church took turns sharing each week, or we would watch excellent teaching videos by gifted preachers like Pastor S.M. Davis and then discuss how we could apply the lessons to our lives. We were like iron sharpening iron."

I distinctly remember seeing Boob on a microphone with heaps of peeps around and a slideshow thingy behind him.

Is this the picture you're thinking of? Sorry about the crappy scan.

ETA: If the quoting from their book is too excessive, mods, feel free to edit it out. I'm not clear on the copyright issues but seem to remember something about fair use for critical commentary or something.

Archived