IGNORED

Obnoxious article on how someone became "pro-life"

ilovetchotchkes

If you believe abortion is murder, though, I imagine it's nearly impossible to have a "nice rational discussion" with people who support it.

Edited for clarity.

I don't know, but the people I talk to seem to manage it.

Really REALLY? one single conversation, that you can't remember EXACTLY what was said?

"I don’t remember exactly how Sadie walked me through the pro-life argument.

After about an hour of back and forth, I knew I was had. I couldn’t argue with her anymore. Every talking point I had, she had shredded with logic and knowledge. But I was still wavering.

Sounds like Sadie spent that hour and a half berating and psychologically tormenting her until she submitted to the Stockholm syndrome and adopted Sadie's beliefs.

Amusing because I have never seen a pro-lifer win the argument. They always end up repetitively repeating the same failed logic, then skulking away, muttering under their breath.

Yes, but you see, they always think they won.

What adult friends ask another adult friend to come over explicitly to spend the night and stay up all night talking, especially when one is a mother of young children ? That is such a strange proposition. Also, why is she picking her up? Oh that's right, so we can work the bumper stickers into the story somehow.

Oh, God, my friends and I totally do that, although we phrase it as "stay up late drinking while the kids run wild until they pass out." But it's not the same, I'm talking people who see each other all the time and the young children know each other and are familiar with all the houses. Anyway, I think Sadie picked the author up so that the author would have no means of escape and would be forced to stay there and endure the pro-life diatribe.

What? What "shopping site" has a similar address to a generic "pro-life site"? Details make a story far more believable.

What, you've never heard of the anti-choice site Overshock.com? Or Amazomgyou'vekilledyourbaby.com? Or eBaybeekillersarebad.com?

C'mon. :D

Archived