IGNORED

What TW is giving T1 for Christmas.

masagoroll

My son's grandparents give him, seriously, a heap of gifts taller than he is. And they must all be opened at once, which when he was small was a problem - he'd get to something good and want to play and grandma would snatch it out of his hands and give him another box to open. Naturally by halfway through the heap he was sulky and confused instead of happy.

This is exactly our situation and I hate it. My FIL even makes me feel I have to act delighted with each gift but then keep going rather than stop to look. I feel that less is more!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You might want to consider wrapping up some Tupperware too. When I got my first college apartment, I took my mom's 1970's salad spinner with me (she had two, who knows why) and my roomate said "Oh my god! That was my favorite toy when I was a kid!"

Her Maj likes to turn our salad spinner into a carnival rides for her stuffed animals! :D

I admit that I considered getting my baby Tupperware (it's what he likes best, srsly).

My cousin's three year old daughter loves building towers and castles out of cups. She could do it all day if they let her. So last year for Christmas they bought her a huge case of red solo cups from Costco, like 500 of them, all for her to build with. She was over the moon.

My cousin's three year old daughter loves building towers and castles out of cups. She could do it all day if they let her. So last year for Christmas they bought her a huge case of red solo cups from Costco, like 500 of them, all for her to build with. She was over the moon.

This is wonderful.

I hate the "glee" that comes off of TW's posts when she mentions something that her son will not get (like a present) or when he has trouble expressing himself.

Poor bathroom baby.

I hate the "glee" that comes off of TW's posts when she mentions something that her son will not get (like a present) or when he has trouble expressing himself.

Poor bathroom baby.

I second the bolded. She is very smug about it when she posts things like that. I get not wanting mountains of toys everywhere but would it kill her to get the kid a book? Or a couple of small learning toys (shape sorter, etc.)? These are things she could use as part of his therapy as well. Oh wait, that means she would actually have to do something besides blog and take pics of herself. :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, I agree, there are actually lots of small educational toys that could really benefit T1 right now, regardless of the more frivolous stuff he will get from others. If she could be bothered to speak to his therapist they could advise her on really useful gifts she could get. But she won't do that because to encourage speech development, you need a willing adult to play with him and speak to him... :x

Check out her answer to this Formspring question:

"Has your opinion changed about toys since you've been working with the therapists?"

I think it has changed. I'd still like to limit the number of noisy,

useless toys that he just drags all over the house, but I have been

building up a supply of puzzles and books (well I've always wanted him

to have a lot of books) and other thing that I see the therapist using.

But I keep those learning toys in a bag that he can't access. I only

bring them out when we are going to play together. That way they stay

exciting for both of us :)

Is that weird or what? "Here are some toys that are good for you and will help you learn. But you can't have them except when *I* have time for them."

Guest Anonymous

Yeah, that's weird.

Where kids have an excess of toys, it is not a bad idea to keep some of them on rotation and bring out a basket at a time, so that they actually play with them, rather than wander around a big mess of toys all day. Also, if you have a kid who needs to go to hospital visits, or you travel a lot and have long journeys, then it is not a bad idea to have a bag of special toys that is kept just for those times, to keep the novelty factor high, but bagging up therapeutic toys to keep your own interest levels up when you have to play with your kid..... is just warped. :(

Guest Anonymous

I abhor That Woman. She has all of the tools and knowledge and resources that she needs to be a good mom, but she doesn't want to put the effort in. She's the perfect example of why having a kid because your religion says it's your job is a terrible idea.

People on GOMI were talking about how her husband controls her and denies her things (see: cheese), so she turns around and does the same to her son. It's really sad.

Check out her answer to this Formspring question:

Is that weird or what? "Here are some toys that are good for you and will help you learn. But you can't have them except when *I* have time for them."

It wouldn't be nearly so bad if she actually played with her kid. But since she doesn't...well he won't ever get to play with them.

Why yes, it's a great idea to limit your child's access to toys that can actually help with his development because you have the attention span of a hyperactive puppy. :roll:

ThatWife:

GET OFF OF YOUR LAZY ASS AND PARENT THE CHILD THAT YOU FUCKING CHOSE TO HAVE!!!!!

Ahhhh I feel better now......

When I was young my feet would turn inwards when I walked so my mom always bought me very good shoes to support my feet. I don't know if she paid 75$ or not, but in my mom's case she barely had enough for us to get by. I thought we had established that TW had a lot of money?

and I buy myself 100$ walking shoes and snow shoes. My feet are warm, not sore, and those shoes last forever. I've had my walking shoes for 3 years, and I'm sure they can easily last me another 3. I'd rather invest some money to have a good lasting products rather than having to pay for new shoes every year or so. I also have a very limited amount of shoes, which my roomie finds crazy, but really I'm more about being comfy than about being fashionable! I suffered too much with bad cheap shoes.

Wtf does t1 do all day when she's dicking around on the internet!?!?! If he's not allowed toys,does he just sit there?

I'm tempted to find her address and sending T1 a package full of toys, but like some Dickensian villian, she'd intercept it and not let him have the toys.

Ehhh, I gave my toddler a hat last year for Chanukah, and it was more a gift to myself because it was an adorable hat and more than I normally would have spent. We're not getting either child a gift this year (they are 2yrs old and 8 months old). They get so many gifts from others I don't think they need anything else from us.

Ehhh, I gave my toddler a hat last year for Chanukah, and it was more a gift to myself because it was an adorable hat and more than I normally would have spent. We're not getting either child a gift this year (they are 2yrs old and 8 months old). They get so many gifts from others I don't think they need anything else from us.

Yeah but your children probably have real beds/cribs in a room not used for he elimination of bodily waste....

Yeah but your children probably have real beds/cribs in a room not used for he elimination of bodily waste....

This is true. And I don't keep their toys locked in a closet for official "play times" either.

I have no complaints about the lack of specific holiday gifts for a child T1's age. It's just TW's attitude about toys/presents in general that bugs me.

Wtf does t1 do all day when she's dicking around on the internet!?!?! If he's not allowed toys,does he just sit there?

No, he raids the cupboards for sharp, breakable, or poisonous things to play with.

I have no complaints about the lack of specific holiday gifts for a child T1's age. It's just TW's attitude about toys/presents in general that bugs me.

She's a huge B

Depending on the toy I can see mostly letting him play with it together if it's something he needs encouragement to do but the big problem is that she doesn't play with him frequently. I can totally see days passing where they don't play together at all.

No christmas gifts doesn't bother me, but apparently no gifts ever does . Considering paying for therapy a gift makes me angry, because this is something her child needs. And not letting him play with toys that will help his development makes me mad. Does she actually not want to help him? Saying she would take them out when she plays with them is just basically saying she'll never take them out because she can't take time out of her busy internet schedule to even make eye contact with him.

TW proves to me that just because someone CAN have children, doesn't mean they SHOULD.

I also think it's horrible that she won't get gifts for her kid, but she does have a Pinterest board with gift ideas for HER. Actually, just looked at all the pinterest boards, and she has TWO things "pinned" on T1's board, and she has a "baby" board (which is pretty much all pics of babies, not her own), and a "church bag" board--But lots and lots of other boards--including for her office, etc.

I know pinterest isn't a glimpse of real life, but honestly, if I had a baby I'd have way more stuff pinned for him/her.

ETA: Re: Santa--my parents decided that we should find out the "truth" about Santa when we were 4--they also felt it was lying. Anyways, they arranged so that after we came home from church on Christmas Eve, we "caught" Santa--who was our Grandpa!! He was in a full costume and everything! Makes for a neat memory--I also remember that we would leave out cookies, but our Grandpa would only eat half, I guess so that we got some too. I think that's a cool way to go about it, and really Santa has never bothered me since, even in my most fundie of fundie days. Actually, I want to file that away for when/if I have kiddos--a good, positive way to do the Santa thing, although I might wait till kids were older. But I love the idea that Santa personifies the spirit of Charity/Giving, and I like St. Nicholas.

I don't have kids but if I did I'd love to get them gifts for christmas, to watch them squeal with joy when they unwrap it!! :D :dance:

I'd let them believe in Santa up until whenever, most likely 6 (I was that age when Mom told me Santa didn't exist. I still remember when she told me, lol!!)

If you don't want to give a couple of presents to yr kid at christmas then why give presents to other people of yr family at all??

I don't hate most of the fundies whose blogs I lurk on and then snark about, but Jenna Cole (TW) I cannot stand. Such a meanie. :evil:

Heck I don't know him and I feel like sending her adorable bathroom baby a present.

Archived