IGNORED

Grady girls stole flowers from roadside memorial?

kesb79

Right. But look how the Gradys felt when THEY lost some things.

Aren't we glad no one did to Rod's wallet what the Grady girls did to the roses and the whole family did about the engagement ring?

Too bad the waitress cared more for the Gradys than the Gradys cared for the one who lost her ring. Too bad the lady who lost her engagement ring didn't have God's mercy and attention to that important detail of her life.

http://thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot ... story.html

This shows me how unchristian some fundies can be. Not very Godly Grays are they?

eta; just so I don't sound like a total douchbag, let me explain. I have found many lost things when I could have used them to make my life better but never once thought that thought. Like the time I had no money for food for my kids but found a lost wallet filled with hundreds. Or the time I found another wallet with about $4,000 dollars right before Christmas and had nothing to give my kids. Or the time I found a rolex and had no way home. I turned every single item in to the store or police to make sure those items found their rightfull owner who probs was sick with worry. I never got a cent for returning those things except for the knowledge I did the right thing and very good karma that rebounded my way almost instantly. I know other Christians don't believe in karma but I do and would hate to have it bite me or even worse by not able to look myself in the eye in the mirror. I may mess up all the time but stealing or lieing isn't one of them.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I applaud you and your actions, ladypuglover. Even christians (which I am) should recognize that doing right is doing right. And doing wrong is damned ugly, no matter how pretty the public blog.

I applaud you and your actions, ladypuglover. Even christians (which I am) should recognize that doing right is doing right. And doing wrong is damned ugly, no matter how pretty the public blog.

Amen that.

Bootlegger's stash? What century do they think they are living in? Are they one of those fundies who thinks life would be just peachy keen if we went back to the days of Dickensian workhouses?

Yeah maybe something like that it seems.

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/02/dance-night-away.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/09/providential-history-danceor-dance.html - popular with the Millard Alliance Church girls

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/04/odd-costume-ball.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/09/phf-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/10/old-dominion-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-old-dominion-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/02/odd-dance.html

I don't tell people not to, the sheriff/trooper does that if he catches them. I have lived in states where they are legal and common and have no problem with it. But since my current state considers them to be litter and illegal, then I am completely within my rights to remove them if I wish and/or be happy that we have volunteers who remove them when they remove other litter. If they were legal and maintained and not trashy looking then I would have no problem with them in my area. But 99% of the time they end up looking like a big pile of garbage after the first couple days (if they last that long before being taken down). I don't like seeing trashy looking memorials any more than I like seeing old appliances, computer monitors or bags of garbage on the roadside either. Perhaps the people who throw a bag of garbage on the roadside get some comfort from the fact that they don't need to pay the landfill fees - their comfort doesn't change the fact that it's illegal.

I'd slap the shit out of you if you took down my loved one's memorial. I wouldn't care about the legalities of the memorial, or the legalities of slapping the shit out of you. People who take down memorials are scum. You couldn't pay me to do that.

Yes but after all God was on their side:

If that's the case I'm surprised the Grady's haven't been struck down by lightening. I don't believe in their God and I'm more of a Christian than they are if they are going around grabbing up anything of value they want with no regards for the owner. Hell I can't even take an extra point on a test unless I know the teachers knows he gave me a mark for a wrong answer and is ok with it.

What are they for?

There are memorials left and right around here. There is one that even has a little fence around it. I think a child died there in a car accident a couple of years ago. And it would be greatly frowned upon to take something from a roadside memorial.

The bouquets with money are probably Santeria (Spanish)/Umbanda/Candomble (Brazilian) offerings. If the offering is by a crossroads, it's to an Eshu/Exu. (It is a lot more complicated than that.) I tend to think of myself as very hardheaded, skeptical, etc., but I would not touch/move/mess with a Santeria offering...that's one thing I'm irrationally superstitious about.

The bouquets with money are probably Santeria (Spanish)/Umbanda/Candomble (Brazilian) offerings. If the offering is by a crossroads, it's to an Eshu/Exu. (It is a lot more complicated than that.) I tend to think of myself as very hardheaded, skeptical, etc., but I would not touch/move/mess with a Santeria offering...that's one thing I'm irrationally superstitious about.

You couldn't pay me to touch or mess with any Santeria offering either, and I too don't believe it but I don't even want to tempt anything happening. :evil:

I'm not big on messing with other peoples religious offerings, no matter what the religion. It just seems way off to me, and horribly disrespectful.

Roadside memorials are incredibly common here in Australia. There are a lot of bad roads. On some of them, the council puts up colour-coded poles (red for accidents, black for fatalities) that are marked with numbers to tell you how many people were injured or died. On one stretch of road I know of, there are markers literally every couple of kilometers. I don't care how faded or dead the flowers are, I think that it's important to have reminders of the lives that were lost and the care that needs to be taken when driving.

The Grady family are incredibly selfish and insensitive. They don't care or understand that their actions hurt others. It occurs to them to thank god for letting their purse or wallet turn up safe, but they don't think to hand in an engagement ring to the police, knowing that someone is undoubtedly very upset over losing it. Unless it effects them, they don't give a damn.

TheJewAmongUs: thanks for the Google cache! I hadn't seen the original blog post.

So what would you do if on your walk...in the middle of a rural area...you came upon six perfect roses wrapped up in pretty pink cellophane laying in the ditch on top of a snowbank?

I'd leave them where they were. Oh, I might take a picture, as they certainly were pretty.

Then I'd return to the home of which I am a dutiful Keeper, and I would study my grammar in a diligent and Godly manner until I understood the difference between 'lay' and 'lie'.

And then I would blog about it.

There was a pretty big roadside memorial on a road I live near, a rural road. The speed limit on that road is 55 mph, and honestly I think it should be lower... though that wouldn't stop anyone from going 70 mph or better. The memorial in question was for a kid who died going around 100 mph. My sister narrowly avoided certain death when a pick-up truck very narrowly avoided a head-on collision with a fire truck. It was on a very nasty (different) stretch of the same road that's very poorly maintained, and she had slowed down and gotten as far to the right as she could for the fire truck. The pick-up truck was going well over the speed limit (still 55).

Selfish b*stards - not a thought for the woman who lost something of obvious sentimental and financial value, just a "Praise the Lord!" for their gain.

Oh wow. Another example of "look how good things happen to those who trust in the Lord." I'm sure they assume the Un-Christian mother with three kids whose fourth-on-the-way baby daddy just gave her the ring wouldn't be heartbroken the ring was gone... This just makes me SOOOO angry! I really despise the "praise the Lord good things happen to ME" mentality... it just makes this family look like a bunch of jerks. And I agree that stealing the flowers was wrong. The correct thing to do would have been to post something like this, that I made up:

Goodness Sometimes We Don't Think!

After the comments we received regarding the flowers the girls found, we'd like to apologize for anyone we offended and show you a new picture!

*insert photo of the girls placing a new bouquet at the site*

"But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:15

But yeah... it would be better to just erase the post, right? I'm sure they enjoyed those lovely roses the suitor left after he lost his nerve to ask his belle for her hand. Seriously ladies...Anne of Green Gables WOULD have apologized.

Isn't it amazing how these people's cluelessness always seems to benefit THEM?

I really wish I had their god. He sure does bring them lots of benefits. I did find a $20 dollar bill once when the snow melted, never mind it was mine to begin with. The wallet I found I turned in at the police station. I found an unsigned credit card not too long ago outside a local grocery store. I didn't want to return it to the grocery store because there were checkers working that day who wouldn't surprise me if they'd keep it. The name on the card was unusual enough that I brought it home and looked up a phone number. The woman thanked me so much, brought me a very nice gift, and thanked me for not turning it in at the store, she'd gotten a bad vibe from those checkers too.

I don't know how they would go about finding the owner of what looks to be a very expensive (and more importantly, probably very sentimental) ring other than um...taking it to a jewelry shop and seeing if the diamond had an ID number, posting in the LOST section of the local paper, putting up posters etc. It disgusts me that they didn't even write to spread the word around to those locals who read their blog to spread the word...but, as I see as a reoccuring theme, it's all about THEM.

Also, this: I live in the same town as many of my ancestors did, and, as such, the local cemetery contains a good deal of family graves. Two years ago, three jackasses mixed RX drugs and alcohol and went wild, kicking down headstones, including my grandmother's and grandfather's. I have never seen this town so incensed. (Didn't help it was Easter weekend in a heavily Christian community). No one should go stealing or fooling around with others memorials--stone or flowers or whatever one likes to leave to acknowledge a person that was in their lives. And to think about someone taking flowers that were more than likely a roadside memorial such as that and then playing an 'imagination game' with suitors and belles and angry husbands and wives??? And the way they setup the photograph? How about imagining you have a bit of empathy! And only the 11yo girl knew better than to take those flowers! :naughty:

ETA: There are, indeed, urban areas in Iowa. ;)

I don't know how they would go about finding the owner of what looks to be a very expensive (and more importantly, probably very sentimental) ring other than um...taking it to a jewelry shop and seeing if the diamond had an ID number, posting in the LOST section of the local paper, putting up posters etc. It disgusts me that they didn't even write to spread the word around to those locals who read their blog to spread the word...but, as I see as a reoccuring theme, it's all about THEM.

My grandmother lost her wedding ring in the snow once. She wasn't entirely sure when she lost it walking home from work, but at some point she noticed it was gone and it was too cold to go around looking for it. She called the police and filed a report that she lost it. Luckily a few days later when the snow melted someone found it and turned it into the police station and they called to let her know. If she hadn't made a report or later came in to claim it the person who found it would get it after a certain time period. If you find something valuable and can't find the owner and want to try, turning it into the police is always an idea. I think the time for someone to claim it varies as does whether or not the finder gets it back if no claim is made.

Thank goodness your grandmother found her wedding ring, it must have meant so much and been such a relief to find it when the snow melted!

My mother lost her engagement ring and never found it. Unfortunately, she/we learned the hard way to insure jewelry pieces or else all one has is homeowners insurance (I dunno about renters), which typically covers just $1,000 in lost jewelry.

Maybe it's just my 'imagination game' going wild in that I imagine the woman or couple digging through the sand desperately trying to find it and then that smug page on their blog.

Yeah maybe something like that it seems.

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/02/dance-night-away.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/09/providential-history-danceor-dance.html - popular with the Millard Alliance Church girls

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/04/odd-costume-ball.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/09/phf-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2010/10/old-dominion-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/01/january-old-dominion-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/02/odd-dance.html

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/2011/12/old-dominon-dance-christmas-ball.html

Archived