IGNORED

Grady girls stole flowers from roadside memorial?

kesb79

I've never posted before, but the Grady Family's December 7 post was just so outrageous that I couldn't let it go unmentioned. Apparently two of the girls found a bouquet of perfect roses perched atop a snowbank in a ditch along the roadside, and decided to take them home because "it would be a shame to leave them there to freeze." They proceeded to come up with a series of ludicrous "scenarios" for how/why the flowers were there.

Am I the only one who thinks it's relatively likely that the roses were placed as a memorial to a car wreck fatality? Very classy, girls!

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And seriously? A 'local suitor' lost his nerve regarding telling a local 'belle' that he liked her? I hope that was one of their implausible scenarios. :doh:

I've never posted before, but the Grady Family's December 7 post was just so outrageous that I couldn't let it go unmentioned. Apparently two of the girls found a bouquet of perfect roses perched atop a snowbank in a ditch along the roadside, and decided to take them home because "it would be a shame to leave them there to freeze." They proceeded to come up with a series of ludicrous "scenarios" for how/why the flowers were there.

Am I the only one who thinks it's relatively likely that the roses were placed as a memorial to a car wreck fatality? Very classy, girls!

thegradyfamilyarchives3.blogspot.com/

I can't post there but someone should tell them that most likely the roses were placed there in memory of someone's death. It doesn't matter what they thought, it was a shitty thing to do and they knew it by feeling guilty while doing it.

And seriously? A 'local suitor' lost his nerve regarding telling a local 'belle' that he liked her? I hope that was one of their implausible scenarios. :doh:

Crazy!!

But yeah, stealing a bouquet that was most likely a memorial for someone who died there in a car crash is wretched behaviour.

Unless they're aged 5 and under they really shouldn't have done it and I hope they'll get crap over it.

Guest Anonymous

This is sorely tempting me to break my resolution to never comment on fundie blogs. If someone wants to tell them that they probably stole a grief-stricken person's memorial to their loved one, I totally think they should.

Seriously are they that sheltered, backward, WTFever that they don't know why someone would leave flowers in a place like that?

For some reasons I can't post a comment either (I only have a google-account and it doesn't work) but I agree they probably stole from a memorial. Great thing to do.

Two days ago I saw a candlestick in form of an angel at the roadside, maybe I should go back and take it. Surely it was only the "local belle" who threw it at the "local suitor" because he didn't show up.

edit: someone came through with the comment. Let's see how long it will be up.

We know Leah, aged 11, was one of the parties involved. Apparently she was the more doubtful of the 'rightness' of their actions, as she kept passing off the flowers to her companion whenever a car drove by. It's tough to say who the actual poster was, though in general whenever the poster is someone other than Mrs. Grady it is stated explicitly. I'm guessing it was either Mrs. Grady or Betsy (aged 19), either of whom should seriously know better and should definitely not be blowing off Leah's burgeoning sensibilities of right and wrong.

This is sorely tempting me to break my resolution to never comment on fundie blogs. If someone wants to tell them that they probably stole a grief-stricken person's memorial to their loved one, I totally think they should.

Seriously are they that sheltered, backward, WTFever that they don't know why someone would leave flowers in a place like that?

I did, and suggested they return the flowers.

Yeah, even when I was young, I knew better than to just steal flowers from somewhere. But I was also taught to show respect for the dead, so...

Ah, yes, but this is the family that apparently attends funerals for fun (see post from June 1, 2009).

I get they're sheltered and all but how could they not have known those flowers were most likely placed on a memorial site? Haven't they ever driven past a road side memorial before? The post reads as if one of the sisters knew they were stealing the flowers while the other one came up with silly little stories to cover up the fact that they stole something.

Agreed, my first thought would be a memorial. The exist here in random places here where someone passed in a fatal car acccident. Who thinks of taking random flowers off of a roadside? All their scenarios are bizarre and very unlikely.

Also, a bit off topic, but after reading the blog, I wondered a few things: So, the oldest daughter is 23 and married? When it shows the three little children in the side bar, are those all hers (Abbys?)? If so, good Lord have mercy, 23 and 3 children. I'm almost 23 and the thought of one seems exhausting right now, let alone being married with three children (granted, I am trying to finish college and working at the same time). A marriage I could handle, because the spouse would be a capable adult who can take care of himself (at least I would hope so ;) ). Children are a whole different ball game. How do they afford it?

From the funeral post:

I asked a young pastor one time what he liked best about his ministry and he said, "Preaching at funerals." As a matter of fact, he volunteered at a local funeral home for families that wanted a pastor to officiate at a funeral, but didn't have any church home. He preached the gospel at funerals. It's too late for the deceased to decide for Christ, but all the other friends and family members got to hear the truth...After hearing his perspective on funerals, our family has made it a practice to get to as many as we can...to support the hurting families and for the reality check. None of us will live forever.

If there ever was a time or place NOT to proselytize, this would be it. People are grieving the loss of a loved one. They don't need the gospel preached to them. They need closure and the reassurance that their loved one is at peace, no matter what afterlife (if any at all) that they believe in. And I really hope no one has actually said it's too late for the deceased at any of these funerals. I just can't understand how anyone would think this is an ok thing to do.

Ah, yes, but this is the family that apparently attends funerals for fun (see post from June 1, 2009).

Then we all headed back to town. In rural Iowa, folks still know to pull over for a funeral procession...even the semis.

So, they can blog about how people in rural Iowa (is there an urban Iowa :?: ) know to pull over for a funeral but they didn't know that roadside flowers are memorials? :cry:

Agreed, my first thought would be a memorial. The exist here in random places here where someone passed in a fatal car acccident. Who thinks of taking random flowers off of a roadside? All their scenarios are bizarre and very unlikely.

Also, a bit off topic, but after reading the blog, I wondered a few things: So, the oldest daughter is 23 and married? When it shows the three little children in the side bar, are those all hers (Abbys?)? If so, good Lord have mercy, 23 and 3 children. I'm almost 23 and the thought of one seems exhausting right now, let alone being married with three children (granted, I am trying to finish college and working at the same time). A marriage I could handle, because the spouse would be a capable adult who can take care of himself (at least I would hope so ;) ). Children are a whole different ball game. How do they afford it?

I thought the same thing. At that pace, she's bound to catch up to the Duggars in a few years! Maybe she's out to have her own reality show.

What stupid children. I commented and then threw in a Bible verse for good measure to make them feel guiltier. (Thanks, BibleGateway.com!)

You weren't joking. :shock:

...After hearing his perspective on funerals, our family has made it a practice to get to as many as we can...

What stupid children. I commented and then threw in a Bible verse for good measure to make them feel guiltier. (Thanks, BibleGateway.com!)

I love this! Well done! Unfortunately, my money is on the whole post disappearing as though it never existed.

I'm pretty sure she's pregnant again too. I seem to recall it was mentioned in the blog a while back, though I can't seem to find it now. She sure looks it in recent pictures anyway! She was married at 19 and pregnant almost immediately. When she turned 20, her dad commented that he was glad she was finally in her 20's because his co-workers would stop criticizing him for having a daughter so young who was married.

Yes, she's pregnant with #4. I don't think it was announced, I suppose the excitement goes out of it somewhat once you've had 4 kids in as many years. Good thing her first two were girls!

Does anyone know if the other families mentioned in the wedding post, the Stangls and the Hoovers have blogs?

Does anyone know if the other families mentioned in the wedding post, the Stangls and the Hoovers have blogs?

I don't believe the Stangl's do, but the Hoover girl who is a missionary keeps one.

honduranatheart.blogspot.com

I don't believe the Stangl's do, but the Hoover girl who is a missionary keeps one.

honduranatheart.blogspot.com

Cheers!

Archived