IGNORED

True Feminity blog-anyone follow?

Kdw

I must say I am astounded by this girls' know-it-all attitude! She writes of marriage and child rearing and the right way to do both and she is a 22 year old single girl with no kids! She is always reviewing books on how to be the Perfect Christian Wife and putting lace doilies and crap on her table tops. Also she showcases her modest outfit of the day. Some Duggarite type will be in heaven when they meet her.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Her august 1 post really takes the cake- she basically says that women should not be allowed to vote. That while she understands that she is allowed certain rights due to the efforts of women before her, that those rights were obtained in a rebellious way and so are Unchristian as the women stood up to the authority of men.

When I used to look at her blog, I didn't think it was bad. I mean she doesn't do the stay at home daughter thing and she went to college. I know she was skirts only and into having lots of kids, but I haven't checked the blog forever. Maybe she has gotten more extreme?

Her august 1 post really takes the cake- she basically says that women should not be allowed to vote. That while she understands that she is allowed certain rights due to the efforts of women before her, that those rights were obtained in a rebellious way and so are Unchristian as the women stood up to the authority of men.

The stupid, it burns!

ETA: OK, maybe I'm being a little unfair. I mean, she's not like those women who say women shouldn't have the right to vote because if only men were allowed the vote the US would have a Republican president, right?

Ack! And my parents told me the American Revolution was unChristian. Apparently the Patriot colonists were supposed to take what they perceived as their mistreatment with a smile, or something. I'm sure the justification for that was in the bit including slave owners, be nice to your slaves, and slaves, serve your owners.

Stupid labeling hobby aside, she's frickin gorgeous. She could be arm candy for a high powered attorney in LA, who could keep her in the fanciest of lace doilies.

Wow - reading that blog is giving me flashbacks to conversations I remember from the fundie-farm when I was in my late teens/early 20s. Seriously, if she put some of her like-minded friends with her on that blog, I would be back in "Young Ladies" group again. :o

Did you see the post just below with the BATHROOM COUNTER REDO? Excuse me for yelling, but really?!?!

In my real world a bathroom counter redo means chipping the toothpaste off the inside of the sink. :roll:

I like the over use of the label maker. Tomorrow I'll do another redo in my bathroom and label the cat box.

Seriously though I had the bathroom painted yesterday and I think it does qualify as a redo. Today I hung my, " Is your bathroom breeding Bolsheviks?" print. I'm feeling truly feminine today.

She is pretty. But she looks like a pretty 32-year-old, if that young. Is she seriously only 22?

I don't understand how you can age that fast without doing a whole lot of sinning!

So why do mothers who fall into this category continue to work? It could be that they look down on staying at home or feel others would look down on them. It could be that they’ve just never sat down and calculated the cost. Or it could be that they don’t want to spend all day with their children—which is a very, very sad possibility to consider.

Is it telling that she doesn't consider the possibility that, you know, a woman works because she likes to work? LOL

It's weird the way she writes about marriage and children...as if she is already married and has children.

She is pretty. But she looks like a pretty 32-year-old, if that young. Is she seriously only 22?

I don't understand how you can age that fast without doing a whole lot of sinning!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Very attractive but I would have pegged her as being older than me. And I'm...slightly older than 22.

Um, wow. I'm her age, but I'm still going to school. She does think she knows it all, doesn't she? The cloth diapers she makes? Why??? She takes prenatal vitamins for health? Since she's not trying to conceive, that seems like a bad idea. If she has trouble with anemia, she needs to take extra iron, not a vitamin made for women who are pregnant or trying to get pregnant or are breastfeeding. Pregnant women have extra needs than one who isn't, like high amounts of folic acid. The DV for everyone not pregnant is 400mg and I think most prenatal vitamins have this amount alone. Pregnant women need 600mg total. If she is eating well, she may be overdosing and folate is one B vitamin that can cause problems with overdosing.

http://www.webmd.com/baby/guide/prenatal-vitamins

http://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/folate

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/prenat ... ns/AN01665

The cloth diapers she makes? Why??? She takes prenatal vitamins for health? Since she's not trying to conceive, that seems like a bad idea.

Since she's an unmarried Christian who obviously wants a baby, maybe she's taking the prenatal vitamins because she's been praying to immaculately conceive. :think:

She seemed to have a fundie light upbringing (her parents homeschooled her but she went to a christian college and was engaged (or maybe pre-engaged?) to a guy but then he stopped being a super christian and they broke off her engagement. (truefemininity.blogspot.com/2010/04/when-life-makes-you-adjust.html) I think that because of that, and because she works and can't devote her whole life to crocheting doliies and whatnot she overcompensates by using her free time to be a super stepford type wannabe wife.

Is it telling that she doesn't consider the possibility that, you know, a woman works because she likes to work? LOL

In her world, women only work because they are mind slaves to evil feminism.

I have to wonder why feminists desired this kind of life. Why they desired the opportunity to live alone, have careers instead of husbands and children, and depend on no one but themselves. Independence is just another way of saying "selfish" in lot of ways. And, the more and more I see American culture turning me into an "independent woman," I feel saddened. I feel like I'm repeatedly being told, "You can't depend on anyone but yourself" or "Only look out for number one." But I don't want to only think about myself and feel that I can't trust other people. That's not an attractive way of living. I don't think it's a very Christian way of living.
Um, I'm a feminist, and I never had any particular desire to live alone, nor have I chosen a career over a husband and children (it hasn't been an either/or proposition yet). Everything she says here just seems so wrong-headed.

To me, 'independence' means the opposite of selfish. It means I can be a stay at home mom once we have our first baby next year (which I think I might well do), but I have the capacity to relieve my husband in the workforce should he become unemployed or disabled. He doesn't have to carry all the stress for our little family on his shoulders solely no matter what happens. Is that selfish? Or is that giving and considerate of my husband? It means that if I keep a toehold in the workforce, and my husband dies (God forbid), I can go back to work and provide a good life for my family. Is that selfish? Or is that foresight for my family a la the Proverbs 31 women, ensuring I can always smile at the future (I hope)? I trust my husband immensely and love our companionship -- the fact that I am capable of living alone but choose to live with him just testifies to that fact.

Independence means I choose a life with husband and children and (potentially) to be a stay-at-home mom, rather than being trapped in it. That seems like a bit higher of a calling to me than if I were just stuck in my life.

Archived