IGNORED

True Feminity blog-anyone follow?

Kdw

I just want to know - how is it modest to be constantly posting pictures of your beautiful outfits, your perfect hair, your flower arranging talents, your organizing skills, and your other accomplishments?

The blog is just one big brag - LOOKIT ME LOOKIT ME LOOKIT HOW AWESOME I AM

With a side dose of OH SOMEONE PLEASE LOOK AT HOW AWESOME I AM AND PROPOSE TO ME SO I CAN STOP THIS UNGODLY SUPPORTING MYSELF.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see she follows Miss Raquel's version of modesty which involves bragging about how modest you are while posting a million pictures of yourself. I don't think that shirt and belt matched, but I'm not exactly a fashionista, so maybe it really does.

I've been looking at her posts on crafts.....she put pictures from her friend's wedding up INCLUDING A PICTURE OF HER FRIEND'S GARTER!!!!!

Sorry for shouting, but really? Really?

Is it telling that she doesn't consider the possibility that, you know, a woman works because she likes to work? LOL

It's weird the way she writes about marriage and children...as if she is already married and has children.

I also like her assumption that most mothers are working low-paid jobs and that the money they make, after paying for childcare costs, is insignificant.

Mind you, this writer seems to have such a tenuous grasp of what feminism really is that I find it difficult to even snark about it.

Yet another "look at me!I'm so modest" blogger who uses modesty as a pretext to spread photos of herself in more or less alluring poses all over the place. And who claims learning to cook and clean is tantamount to a Harvard PhD and incompatible with anything else. The bathroom post is ridiculous.

Also, on what planet does she live where women are treated much better than men in ads? You'd think a fundie of all people would be sensitive to the objectification of the woman's body in advertisement.

Here is the thing that is hitting me as a stay at home mom- while I am choosing to stay home, it is also a privilege because my spouse is supporting me. If I were single, or my husband was not 100% behind me, that would be a "choice" I could not make.

Is Freedom Of Speech available for women also?! Or just the men? She seems to not really understand that some attitudes toward her are not hate, but real dumbfoundedness. I do not hate women like her at all. I feel a certain amount of respect for them actually. But I am also so interested when these very young women with no experience at mothering or being a wife declare themselves experts. I was a perfect mother once too- before I had kids!

Well, she didn't address things like how she is so immodest to take a gazillion pictures of herself and post them on a blog. Honey, since we all know you are lurking here, can you make a post about how it is modest to do that? Because I'm not seeing it. Though, really, you aren't even close to Miss Raquel in that department. That girl wins the internet fake modest award. But keep it up and you might get in the running.

I've followed her blog for a while and really like her. She was raised fundie-lite, then became a bit more fundie and blogged about wanting to be QF, SAHD, women never working outside the home, etc. She backed off those ideas once she graduated from college and had to get a job to support herself. Unlike most of our fundies she's able to acknowledge when fundie ideals don't hold up in the real world and reevaluates her position.

She is amazing at crafting (I haven't read other areas of her blog yet). I hope to start quilting soon, and I'm finding her posts quite an inspiration!

Well, she didn't address things like how she is so immodest to take a gazillion pictures of herself and post them on a blog. Honey, since we all know you are lurking here, can you make a post about how it is modest to do that? Because I'm not seeing it. Though, really, you aren't even close to Miss Raquel in that department. That girl wins the internet fake modest award. But keep it up and you might get in the running.

Yeah, I thought modesty was not drawing attention to yourself. All these OMG LOOK AT MY MODESTEEEEEEZ!!!!!!!11!11!!!!! fundies are doin' it rong.

ahem...

Of course it is sad that some people wish to

spend their time reviling and mocking others

If all they have time to do is sit around and make nasty comments online... yeah. That's just sad.

Pot and kettle? It is sad that you have all the time on the world spread lies about feminism and write hate posts about homosexuality and abortion and atheists and secularism. And really, what else is your post if not mocking back? Or is it just pure obnoxious feeling how much better you are even WHEN YOU ARE DOING EXACTLY THE SAME THING!

I can't help thinking that there's some false modesty in her phrasing, too, by suggesting that we're the bad people who derive joy from hating her. So, because she may well be reading this, I say this to her:

We don't hate you. I am baffled by your hostility towards feminism, because I don't think you really understand what feminism is. It's not about forcing women to have careers, or forcing them out of the home. It's not about rejecting femininity, or viewing femininity as inferior. It's about giving women choices. It means that your choice to be a homemaker is as valid as my choice to be childfree and have a career. It's about affording women the opportunities they deserve.

I've followed her blog for a while and really like her. She was raised fundie-lite, then became a bit more fundie and blogged about wanting to be QF, SAHD, women never working outside the home, etc. She backed off those ideas once she graduated from college and had to get a job to support herself. Unlike most of our fundies she's able to acknowledge when fundie ideals don't hold up in the real world and reevaluates her position.[/quote

I read her post about her being so heartbroken that she wouldn't be marrying right after college. She said she was dating/courting someone, but never made any mention of them getting engaged(at least there was no mention in that particular post). She went on about how he had built a good business for himself, how he would be able to support her while she stayed home (even before they had kids), how it would all be so perfect. Then they broke up because apparently he changed. I think she probably just scared the poor guy off. Like I said, she said nothing of an engagement, so if she was talking about all these things with him and they weren't even engaged, I wouldn't blame him for heading for the hills.

She seems to be kind of whiny imo. Here is her post about being just sooooo tired after a day of work and how it would be almost impossible for working mothers to give the best of their time to their children:

Waking up early to get the kids to school or the babysitter, driving hours through traffic, working eight hours, driving another hour through traffic, picking the kids up, finally getting home, only to have to make dinner, do most of the chores (since statistically this job falls mostly to women, even in homes with two incomes), get them to bed and then fit in all the other little things in life?

I know that when I come home from work I don't feel like cooking. It takes me about two hours to truly get out of "work mode" and relax. If I worked full-time and was also a mother, I can only imagine that I would feel frazzled and like I could never accomplish all the things that I wanted to. How could I really take time to be a part of my children's lives?

I would want to talk to each one about their day, all that they learned, and how they felt about it, but it would be hard to find the time to catch up on everything they were doing every day if we spent the bigger portion of our days away from each other.

What does she do that it takes her two hours after work to relax enough to do anything? Is it a super high stress job? And when my mom worked, she picked us up from school and we spent the way home talking and talking and talking about our day. And then when we got home we talked and talked and talked while she cooked or we helped fold clothes. It isn't like working mothers come home, throw their kids in front of the tv with a happy meal and collapse in the bed to tired to go on every day. And least not any of the working mothers I know.

Wow. She seems to not understand that you can disagree with someone's stated values and not hate them.

Jesus did it a lot.

And besides, she's got this blog chock-full of criticisms of women who work, mothers who work, feminists, etc. and seems to have missed the point that if criticism of HER is hatred, so are her HER criticisms.

Sooo, I posted a comment on her blog letting her know that I was the one who started this thread.. I hope I don't disappoint some of you to find that I actually agree with her in many respects.

Sooo, I posted a comment on her blog letting her know that I was the one who started this thread.. I hope I don't disappoint some of you to find that I actually agree with her in many respects.

Since you have a whopping eleven posts and we don't know a thing about you, it would be pretty hard to "disappoint" us. Although I am disappointed in all women who are anti-feminist, it's not personal.

Although I am disappointed in all women who are anti-feminist, it's not personal.

Amen to this. It disappoints me, and part of me dies a little everytime I hear a young female soldier say it. Feminism is not the f-word, for God's sake.

People who don't homeschool don't ever teach their children anything:

It's just all so wondrous and amazing to be able to teach a child. I find myself looking forward more and more to homeschooling, while at the same time being even more baffled that parents would pass on the amazing opportunity to teach their children what they know. Who doesn't like to share their knowledge and life experience? How sad is it that many mothers miss out on so much of their child's developments and special moments? I understand that for most it is that all-important "second income" that keeps them away, but for me personally, I'd rather live with less and have to make one income stretch further than to miss out on such precious time with such precious little people. ~

I don't know about anyone else, but I teach my child plenty in the hours she is not in school. In fact, just this evening I taught her how to sew buttons and she is sewing buttons on a square of fabric and we are going to make a button pillow out of it. Not homeschooling doesn't mean that you never share your knowledge with your children.

And I feel sorry for the parents of the child she nannied. I wonder if they knew she was writing stuff like this:

There is nothing better than when Little A comes running into my arms and snuggles while watching a video. In moments like that, I sit there and think, “If I were a mom and this were my child, I would never want these moments to pass.â€

I just got out of parent teacher conferences, and the one thing I hear every time is, "It's obvious you really work with (child's name) at home." Education does not occur primarily at school, that is just the place where they are graded. I am currently teaching my second grader fractions and he now totally understands that he would rather have 1/8 of a cake than 1/16th.

Also, a teacher will not teach the kids to play violin, use oil pastels, how to cross a street or how to do their own laundry.

How can I be disappointed by a random stranger who wanders into the forum, starts a shit-storm on a fundie blog pointing her to us, and then comes back to tell us she did so?

It's actually not anything that hasn't been done before.

Archived