IGNORED

LL is in the hospital...

Koala

For those of you that follow Vitafamiliae, LL is in the hospital. She's having early contractions again.

I feel sorry for her....no one should have to go through that, but I can't help but wonder what the last few lines on her husband's update means....

For now, it’s sleep and getting Eunice settled back down. To rephrase Philippians, we want to be able to say, “I want you to know that what has happened to us has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole Labor and Delivery wing and to all the rest that our pre-term labor is for Christ.â€

Oh and umm, for those wondering, Eunice is her uterus...so ummm yeah...she didn't want to offend people by using the actual term.... :?

On a serious note, I truly hope she is able to carry her baby to term.

Yes, I too hope she doesn't deliver soon.

it has become known throughout the whole Labor and Delivery wing and to all the rest that our pre-term labor is for Christ

What on earth does that even mean?

Yes, I too hope she doesn't deliver soon.

What on earth does that even mean?

I have no earthly clue what the hell they're talking about :shifty:

Maybe . . . I'm groping, here . . . her pre-term labor is a good thing because it puts her in the hospital where she can demonstrate to all the other pregnant ladies how godly she is?

Maybe . . . I'm groping, here . . . her pre-term labor is a good thing because it puts her in the hospital where she can demonstrate to all the other pregnant ladies how godly she is?

I think that's what they mean....yes, because everybody else in the entire wing is concentrating on THEM, and not their own babies and families.

I swear, fundies are some of the most self-centered people.

Well, to be fair, the Bible does tell them that everybody is watching them. I just think those parts of the Bible are bullshit. Everybody's much more concerned with themselves (as they should be).

My dislike of LL is neverending. She is the exact sort of scary fundie...passes for mainstream...but then is a whackjob.

I also hope her baby isn't born early...because if you can health babies are better for themselves. (does that even make sense?)

But I also think this is a case of being a dumbass quiverfuller. And I think it is really shitty to Mira.

Naming your uterus is seriously weird. Oh, please, Lord, let her use that nickname when she talks to doctors, so she can send the message that fundamentalist Christians are batshit crazy.

Naming your uterus is seriously weird. Oh, please, Lord, let her use that nickname when she talks to doctors, so she can send the message that fundamentalist Christians are batshit crazy.

Wonder what they call her husband's penis? Dickhead????

I think that they mean they want the staff at the hospital to see that they are behaving in a Christ-like way by having another baby even though the doctor told LL that her "moody" uterus was a result of so many pregnancies so close together. They will then be seen as radically obedient to their God, even in the face of frightening risks.

Has anyone read why they adopted in the midst of birthing their quiver? I came in at the part where they adopted Mira and I didn't get the back story. Since LL was having a baby almost once a year and even had twins to speed up the growth of the family, I don't understand how they chose the timing of the adoption. I would have thought it would be easier on everyone to wait until the kids were a little older.

To the best of my knowledge, she just heard someone speak about adopting and felt that they needed to do it right then. Something along the lines of, "we can afford it, we should do it."

Apparently she named her uterus because someone was offended about reading about it all the time? Oookay...

Someone says in the comments, "I'm 21 weeks too..." so maybe that's how far along she is. I haven't kept track, just know that she announced it pretty early, like 8 weeks on.

I never read her blog so when the OP mentioned Eunice I thought maybe they had brought another of their kids to the hospital and she kept waking up or something.... :shock: I feel a bit violated.

Well thanks, LL... you just did for the name "Eunice" what Judy Blume did for the name "Ralph"...

Seriously, though I'm worried for her.

And seriously again, what a jerk comment to say she's in the hospital to show others the power of Christ. Seems like it could be just as easy to say "We trust God's plan and are glad we have been able to share Christ with others while here." Makes ya sound like less of a dbag, A.

All I can think is poor Mira. Just adopted and already going to be pushed aside by a baby with more urgent needs.

They suck. (and since they lurk here...yes I think you suck and are shitty parents. Good parents would have let their new little one who was adopted transnationally get settled and adjusted for a bit before quivering it up. Yes, sometimes oopses happen. But this wasn't that. This was stupid people who think God wants the BABYEEZ even at the detriment to the kids they have living right now)

I judge you LL and family. Heavily. Moreso than I judge the Andersons for example because we know they are whackjobs. You hide behind a veneer of normalcy.

On her "About" page, she says baby is due in March. Yikes! I guess she is just barely 20 weeks. I am really hoping this turns out well. I do feel bad for all of them.

Does anyone know what the husband does to support all of them, afford to adopt overseas AND be able to take time off for adoption, sickness, hospitalizations, etc.? I was looking for that on the "About" page but it did not say.

All I can think is poor Mira. Just adopted and already going to be pushed aside by a baby with more urgent needs.

This makes me sad, too. And before that I felt bad for the next youngest girl, who was only one when they went to get Mira. The poor baby had her parents disappear for weeks and she could not have possibly understood why they left. Now the same is happening to Mira with LL in the hospital for who knows how long.

I feel bad for the parents, too, though. They believe that God will help them and I just don't see God helping people escape tragedy and difficulty.

To rephrase Philippians, we want to be able to say, “I want you to know that what has happened to us has really served to advance the gospel, so that it has become known throughout the whole Labor and Delivery wing and to all the rest that our pre-term labor is for Christ.â€

I'm sure his wife appreciates his use of the word 'our'. If he can't share the excruciating pain or the sense of fear in the face of the unknown, he is at least able to share the credit.

Naming your uterus is seriously weird.

I know someone who named her ladybits Emmanuelle. Emmanuelle Kant.

They suck. (and since they lurk here...yes I think you suck and are shitty parents. Good parents would have let their new little one who was adopted transnationally get settled and adjusted for a bit before quivering it up. Yes, sometimes oopses happen. But this wasn't that. This was stupid people who think God wants the BABYEEZ even at the detriment to the kids they have living right now)

I judge you LL and family. Heavily. Moreso than I judge the Andersons for example because we know they are whackjobs. You hide behind a veneer of normalcy.

:clap: I can't stand these people. As soon as this baby is born she is going to start complaining about it.

:clap: I can't stand these people. As soon as this baby is born she is going to start complaining about it.

Yep..."sit time" starts early at their house :(

Honestly I think she's going to completely crack up one day. I don't know what that's going to look like for her, but I doubt it will be good. She seems very.....frazzled.

Archived