IGNORED

Stacy McDonald - is there an essential oil for repentance?

Columbia

I haven’t followed the goings on of the McDonalds very closely, except that I know they’re super big into Young Living now, but I just stumbled across this in a FB thread about some nonsense from poor Lori Anderson. 

I didn’t realize that Stacy had any kind of change of heart since the VF days. I always thought she got into peddling snake oil because the Vision Forum cash cow had been butchered. Does anyone know if she’s ever come right out and apologized or acknowledged that what she did was toxic? Because she didn’t just “teach,” she and Jenny Chancey wrote the whole damn textbook

(Speaking of which, what’s Jenny Chancey up to nowadays?)

43430581-379A-46FE-8842-351D4A98A436.jpeg

• Thank You 9

If Stacy ever publicly repented, I missed it.  I can't stand her.  She and her husband were always deceptive about their pasts, right out of the gate.  Liars, liars, liars.  

Jennie Chancey moved back to the states and is still running her pattern company website and raising her passel of kids (they had 12), although the oldest is probably out of the house by now.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Jennie Chancey moved back to the states and is still running her pattern company website and raising her passel of kids (they had 12), although the oldest is probably out of the house by now.

She & Matt opened a coffee shop in Matt's hometown in AL. Their oldest son married his South African girlfriend several years ago and lives there. Not clear how many of the younger kids are still at home although at least 3-4 of them are now over 18. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Only Matt and Jennie could make a coffee shop website so utterly pretentious.  Yes, I'd like a side order of flowery, overblown travelogue with my coffee.  🙄

I just watched the video on the site...wow.  Jennie looks rough (I knew her in college).  Too much makeup, girlfriend, dial it back a notch.  It's aging her even more.

Edited by danvillebelle
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Corntree said:

James and Stacy have a website now at https://jamesandstacy.com/

Sweet Rufus, what a bunch of heartless scammers sucking the gullible into a pyramid scheme.  After you plow through drivel like this

In fact, our “business” is more like a glorified referral program. We don’t sell products. And our company services our customers while we get to do the fun part: teach people all about wellness, minister to others, inspire and support our team, and help them to succeed in the same way we did!

You just invest an initial $160 and then $100/month...to keep James and Stacy RICH.  SRSLY, it's just that easy.  You just click on Do You Qualify (to keep James and Stacy RICH) and you're on your way to putting money directly into their pockets to support their fabulous lifestyle, and who wouldn't want to do that?

If one is in desperate financial straights, throwing $100 over a cliff trying to sell wellness products to other people who also have no discretionary cash doesn't seem like a sound business model. 

I'll bet "Thieves" is Stacy and James' signature oil -- the name represents how much they've stolen from others. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Howl said:

I'll bet "Thieves" is Stacy and James' signature oil -- the name represents how much they've stolen from others. 

Perfect summary of them and MLMs in general.

So many SAHMs/Ds have been sucked into the MLM maw over the years. I know that they must be desperate for income and of course when they're leg-humping someone like Stacy or Shoshanna Pearl Easling, the bogus stories about health improvement as well as the fraudulent representations of income to be earned make it all look so good.

Still donʻt understand how companies like YL, Plexus, etc. have evaded prosecution for fraud.

14 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Only Matt and Jennie could make a coffee shop website so utterly pretentious.

The reinvention there is quite something. A major good thing is that their children are probably living better lives than they would be if Matt & Jennie were still immersed in VF's shite. I do wonder if any of the older kids are pursuing higher education beyond SOTDRT

• Upvote 4

I'll assume that the coffee shop is staffed by all the kids...

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

43 minutes ago, Howl said:

I'll assume that the coffee shop is staffed by all the kids...

I bet it’s constantly filled with her four young children. 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Howl said:

'Thieves' is youngliving's line of cleaning oils and sprays. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

'Thieves' is youngliving's line of cleaning oils and sprays. 

All the better to wash sins away?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

46 minutes ago, Howl said:

All the better to wash sins away?

The 'legend' attached to name was that thieves were entering houses of plague victims to rob them and this blend of oils protected them so the local authorities pardoned them in exchange for the recipe. So basically. 

• Thank You 2

Thanks to y’all for updating us on the whereabouts of these snakes (sorry, actual snakes).  I notice Jamesandstacy have a sub-page titled, “Better Together.”  Not long ago, a sneaky attempt to benefit a rich guy by merging municipalities in the St. Louis area was unmasked for what it was and defeated. The effort’s title? “Better Together.”  The phrase puts ne on alert. “Better” for who? 

• Upvote 3

On 4/8/2022 at 7:39 AM, hoipolloi said:

Perfect summary of them and MLMs in general.

So many SAHMs/Ds have been sucked into the MLM maw over the years. I know that they must be desperate for income and of course when they're leg-humping someone like Stacy or Shoshanna Pearl Easling, the bogus stories about health improvement as well as the fraudulent representations of income to be earned make it all look so good.

Still donʻt understand how companies like YL, Plexus, etc. have evaded prosecution for fraud.

Lots of money into lobbyists and setting up shop in anti regulation states like Utah, Florida and Texas.

One of our many brilliant FJere said something along the lines of "it turns social relationships into capital." And that's so true. You have the love bombing of cults (including fundies) and a system set up to take advantage of, for many pyramid schemes, women's social networks. I don't buy tires because I feel bad for the business owner.

The top liners know what they're doing and its so infuriating to watch. Now they've hijacked things like small businesses by having their flocks capitalize on that. No selling Young Living is not a "small business" huns. They definitely exploited the major need for most SAHMs to bring in income and have disguised their scam in a way that makes it acceptable in their social circles. Jill... wait she's not a good example she couldn't get a real job anywhere. But any other of these fundie/fundie lite SAHMs would spend less actual hours and make more guaranteed money with a part time job during the school day. Even if there was affordable childcare for working mothers, there is not, these women wouldn't use it because of what their cult demands of them. 

• I Agree 2

Not sure were to put this because the family was never big enough to have a thread of their own, but YL guru Renee Yeo just passed away a few weeks ago. I believe it was a brain tumor?

I can't find an obit, but here are some of the Facebook memorials.

Renee used to be pretty active on the fundie speaker circuit

1525177846_Screenshot-ReneeYeo.png.4ac20995b2651a53925a86f1131e157a.png

Her daughter Kelcie also dated one of Doug Phillip's sons for awhile.

On 4/7/2022 at 11:01 PM, hoipolloi said:

She & Matt opened a coffee shop in Matt's hometown in AL.

"It started with strolls in the coffee and tea fields of Kenya and continued to a corner cafe in a tiny South African village…"

Jennie Chancey, our very own Dollar Tree Isak Dinesen :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Her daughter Kelcie also dated one of Doug Phillip's sons for awhile.

Courted > dated. B)

Yup, that was going strong for a season and then Pfffft.

54 minutes ago, AnnaSofia said:

Jennie Chancey, our very own Dollar Tree Isak Dinesen :pb_rollseyes:

This is simply brilliant.  Thank you! 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, AnnaSofia said:

Jennie Chancey, our very own Dollar Tree Isak Dinesen

“I had a grift in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills.”

• Haha 3
  • Love 7

9 hours ago, Columbia said:

“I had a grift in Africa, at the foot of the Ngong Hills.”

Oh, to have that photo of Bwana Chancey, fat and cigar-smoking, lounging amidst his armed, native minions.  Sure doesn’t jibe with the “Aw shucks” genteel coffee Meister image he now portrays. 

• Upvote 5

37 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Oh, to have that photo of Bwana Chancey, fat and cigar-smoking, lounging amidst his armed, native minions.  Sure doesn’t jibe with the “Aw shucks” genteel coffee Meister image he now portrays. 

Who, Mr. Heart of Darkness himself?

25703595-3216-4AE1-ABA0-33D3878301A9.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

16 hours ago, Columbia said:

Who, Mr. Heart of Darkness himself?

25703595-3216-4AE1-ABA0-33D3878301A9.jpeg

I ❤️ you!!!! 

That fat-ass. He’s lucky his companion had a sense of humor. 

On 4/8/2022 at 1:39 PM, hoipolloi said:

Partly because their reps aren't their own employees.  As long as the company itself stays on the right side of the law with their own marketing, and shows that they aren't telling their reps to say fraudulent things, then they aren't committing fraud.  Their reps may be saying things that aren't authorized by the company, but if the company treads the line enough to disclaim responsibility, it protects them.  

That, of course, doesn't prevent them from "what we're not allowed to say *wink wink*" type of feeding lines to their reps while still maintaining plausible deniability.  And many of these people live in a world where the government being against something is proof of its validity (see ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine).  Saying "the government won't let us say x to our customers" is as good, to them, as saying "this is totally the case but Big Pharma controls the government so we'll get in trouble if we tell you the truth".  

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

While doing some reading at Spinderella Sproul in connection with this FJ comment on Spanky & Lisa Sproulʻs new real estate, I found some apt posts concerning James & Stacy:

When James McDonald left the pastorate I was happy. Not that he was all that big a danger to the church. At least not on the massive threat level that RC is. But James' wife Stacy is quite the piece of work. As a preacher's wife she used her elevated status to hurt a lot of people. Stacy McDonald is an awful lot like Lisa Sproul. Both women are narcissistic preachy know it alls. They live to judge and condemn everyone who doesn't do things their way. Their way is God's way because, well, they're special and just always know. Being preacher's wives makes them better than the rest of us. There are good pastor's wives and there are bad ones. Narcissistic women make for horrible pastor wives.

• Upvote 7

• 1 month later...

James & Stacy are making bank on Stacy's YL downline.

Stacy was just recognized at the YL annual convention for achieving the Royal Crown Diamond rank, which pays an average annual income of $1.6 million.

988396269_StacyMcDonaldMakesBank.thumb.png.1a38ca31201000481497e784c0f97abe.png

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 3