IGNORED

Coronavirus 6: The Plague of Delta

Coconut Flan

@Smee I‘m so sorry you guys got fucked by such a politician. I always admired how the whole continent of Australia was coping with Covid. So sad to see NSW change their policies.

• Upvote 2

Anti-vax conspiracy types, you all now have blood on your fucking hands.

A Maryland man accused of killing his pharmacist brother, his sister-in-law and an 83-year-old woman told his mother he wanted to "confront" his brother over "him administering COVID vaccines," according to charging documents obtained from Howard County District Court.

Jeffrey Allen Burnham, 46, also allegedly told a tipster "that his brother was 'killing people with the COVID shot,'" according to the statement of charges obtained by CNN affiliate WBAL.

Burnham's mother called the Cumberland Police Department over her son's "mental stability" on September 29, according to the charging documents filed in Allegany County obtained by WBAL. That was the same day Cumberland Police found the body of 83-year-old Rebecca Reynolds. They said her car was missing.

On September 30, the Howard County Police Department said they were searching for Burnham in connection with the shooting deaths of his brother, 58-year-old Brian Robinette, and his sister-in-law Kelly Sue Robinette, 57, whose bodies were found that day in their Ellicott City home.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 3

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Anti-vax conspiracy types, you all now have blood on your fucking hands.

This is just overt blood...they've posed a danger to the public for quite awhile.  I expect them to continue for as long as it's tolerated.

• I Agree 8

@Smee You're missing the bit about the NSW Chief Health Officer! The best part was that he did a 9am presser announcing this that didn't have the CHO there. Reports indicate that it's because she (understandably) doesn't endorse his plan (unlike him stating she did), there is also no more crisis whatever it was, instead there is something that has business people with it, but the CHO isn't involved with it.

From my point of view the riskiest part of all this is the lack of masks in office settings.  I would have been waiting at least a month or two after opening everything up to see what was happening and if that affected stuff too much (even if as a control of what spread looks like with masks on) before taking them off.

ETA:

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/deputy-premier-paul-toole-hits-back-at-claims-kerry-chant-didnt-endorse-changes-to-road-map/news-story/295d46ec35ba89dd827fcd02c8cda970

Edited by Someone Out There
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Smee said:

HATE THAT A HEALTH CRISIS CONTINUES TO BE TURNED INTO A POLITICAL POINT SCORING EXERCISE AT THE EXPENSE OF PEOPLE'S LIVES.

Not getting any argument from me. I am very sick of the constant heckling from both the federal government and certain cheerleading sections of the media of public health decisions on a purely partisan basis - I haven't heard anyone blasting Gutwein after he announced Tasmania were staying closed past the 80% threshold, which I am sure has absolutely nothing to do with him being from the same political party. (OK, I also have Jimmy Rees in character as Gladys saying "shut up Tasmania, no one cares about you" in my head now, so there's that...)

I would really like the public health people's advice to be followed by the politicians though, because these are unusual times, it isn't business as usual, the hospital system runs near capacity at normal times, and yes, people will die.

• Upvote 2

@Ozlsn Andrew Barr has thrown shade at the media in at least one of his pressers for continously talking about the WA and QLD pronouncements and yet barely talking about SA's similar pronouncement made before theirs (I think this may have been prior to Tasmania's pronouncement, or perhaps it was included in there).  Tasmania has one benefit compared to the rest of the states and territories in Australia in that it is an island, so you can avoid potential cross pollination more easily, so I can understand where it is coming from there.

I wouldn't be surprised if there ends up being a larger outbreak in QLD (or at least Brisbane) and from there it joins the opening up at 70%/80% to NSW, VIC and ACT.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Allen West, former head of the Texas GOP, one-term Congressman from Florida, and perennial nutjob, is hoping to become Texas' next Republican governor. Since he's trying to win the votes of the Trumpers, he's unvaccinated and currently in the hospital with Covid.

The rest of the pertinent tweets are under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Where the hell does he think his treatment came from? Keebler elves? Doomsday preppers? :doh:

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Where the hell does he think his treatment came from? Keebler elves? Doomsday preppers?

Probably the all natural woodlands of Siberia, where they were gently harvested by colorfully dressed locals, naturally processed by hand in artisnal workshops, and flown to Texas for his special benefit.

Personally I hope his health insurance charges him the full cost of the treatment, and just happens to mention the cost of the vaccine somewhere.

• Upvote 12

Isn't using monoclonal antibodies also "enriching the pockets of Big Pharma and corrupt bureaucrats and politicians"?

I'm not seeing the distinction he's trying to make between preventing disease with vaccination and treating disease with infusion therapy. They were both developed by "Big Pharma."

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

An update from the hospital room of the asshole I fervently hope never becomes my governor:

Spoiler

He currently has his Twitter account set so only those he mentions can reply. Guess he didn't like the responses he got on his last thread. :shrug:

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

An update from the hospital room of the asshole I fervently hope never becomes my governor:

He seems nice.  Seriously, he’s posting from a hospital bed.  He wants everyone to show up at the hospital for treatment.  We’ve already seen how stretched resources are because of the unvaccinated overwhelming available beds.  I wish he’d address that issue.  Ugh.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

25 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Hide contents

He currently has his Twitter account set so only those he mentions can reply. Guess he didn't like the responses he got on his last thread. :shrug:

Why not promote aspirin? Why not promote perineum sunning? Why not promote kale smoothies?

Seriously the fact that he still thinks these things did literally anything against the virus while he is in his hospital bed, still not satting that well and on thinners to prevent blood clots does not bode well for his ability to govern (or his cognitive ability overall to be honest).

Nor does his cost/benefit analysis of a ~$20 vaccine to prevent disease versus a ~$12,000 monoclonal treatment to try and stop it killing you on a population level.  

• Upvote 10

I'm still amazed at how little rational thought these people possess.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

I think if you enter a hospital for any reason other than ER treatment , you either provide evidence of vaccination, or they vaccinate you on the spot.  

Kinda like your local Humane Society's TNR program, except for humans, plus we won't chase you down at home or put you in a literal cage. 😹

But you present yourself at a hospital -- a HOSPITAL! -- whether to work there, for a treatment, a scheduled surgery, labwork, to visit someone, admitted upstairs from the ER, or even just to pick up a prescription at the pharmacy and blammo, you're vaccinado, at least shot #1.

I know, the logistics are horrendous, as are the "muh freedoms" ethics.  It's just my wild fantasy...

• Upvote 7

7 hours ago, Smee said:

Despite all the politicians, I kinda want to move to Canberra.

829867E3-EFEE-4CB8-8D25-80929BFE37F5.jpeg

If it helps you, you can potentially avoid most of them most of the time, mind you I probably wouldn't recognise most of them anyway.  Think of it this way, they are a few hundred out of 420k in population, most of whom aren't here full time anyway.

The stats are probably helped by the fact that we are essentially a city state, so it is relatively easy for most to get to the centralised vaccination hubs that were set up (and the booking system for that was relatively painless barring some hiccups around getting the account set up which required a phone call, or the slowness of the system on the  morning/day of a new batch of people being allowed to book their vaccine).  Local-ish NSW people have also been coming to the ACT for their bookings (e.g. when the ACT went into lockdown we needed to send off some of our allocation of Pfizer vaccines went to places like Goulburn as there were a number of people who had been booked here from there).   All bar one of the deaths at this point have also been from a palliative care facility (they are marked in the stats as dying from COVID as they wouldn't have died that day if not for COVID).

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Reveal hidden contents

From his Covid hospital bed, no less.  The fact that he is so damned proud of his ignorance is galling.  As is the fact that there are likely thousands of people reading that and nodding their heads, thinking "Yeah, that's right!  Tell it like it is, Allen!  Own the libs, man!"  JFC.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

So we are going to need to show proof of vaccination when we re-open here. Despite many attempts I haven't yet been able to get it to link the certificate to the app. I am so going to end up being this person I swear.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

So we are going to need to show proof of vaccination when we re-open here. Despite many attempts I haven't yet been able to get it to link the certificate to the app. I am so going to end up being this person I swear.

Personally If I want to go to NSW before December I will need to figure how to get my 'MyGov' account to link to Medicare stuff, and then whatever needs to happen after that (last time I tried it denied me).  I presume a phone call would be required (or a visit to a Centrelink office somewhere).  Mind you, I also saw a news article stating that the Victorian one could easily be faked (I didn't actually read the article though so no idea on how easy it is).  If I haven't been more than about 1km out of the ACT since March last year, I think I can wait another month and a half...

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Someone Out There said:

Personally If I want to go to NSW before December I will need to figure how to get my 'MyGov' account to link to Medicare stuff, and then whatever needs to happen after that (last time I tried it denied me).  I presume a phone call would be required (or a visit to a Centrelink office somewhere).

Hm, pretty sure I did all the linking online when the NDIS started but can't remember how. Once you're in Medicare there's a "covid vaccination certificate" button on the front page, that will take you straight there and you can download as a PDF or link to the Vic app (finally did it!) or screen shot or whatever is easiest.

I am trying not to hope I will be able to see my family in ACT over the summer break. But I would really like to.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I don't have a smartphone, so when I knew I'd need to show proof of vaccination I just took a photo of my card on my ipad and showed that.  I also have a paper copy of my card in my wallet now, because after showing the ipad photo to get in to see mom in her skilled nursing facility, I then went out to a restaurant without the ipad, not knowing they would also want to see it.  I already carry that ipad more places than I oughta, don't need more opportunities.  (and will probably end up with a smartphone in the next few months, making all of this moot)

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

A West, an anti vaccine Trumpster, is touting ICU care including O2, and expensive antiviral, immuno  IV therapy as alternatives to 2-3 jabs in the arm? I wonder if he knows anything about hospital acquired (nosocomial) infection, health insurance and hospital costs or basic math? What a friggen moron.

One thing we do know, he’s too dumb to be the Gov of TX. 

FREEDUM- it applies here!

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic