IGNORED

Michaela & Brandon 6: She Is an LPN and He Is Boring.....

nelliebelle1197

You know someone is boring when the most exciting thing about him is his mom’s wig.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

@SassyPants Zach works often in Sundays. I know it may be different for Michaela because she is a woman, but the fact a nurse or a policeman work to help others may be enough for Bates to condone Sunday work. 

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

@SassyPants Zach works often in Sundays. I know it may be different for Michaela because she is a woman, but the fact a nurse or a policeman work to help others may be enough for Bates to condone Sunday work. 

I wouldn't be surprised if these people also respect police work way more than health care work, though. Back the blue, am I right?

(I do not feel this way, which I wouldn't think I have to clarify, but just wanted to be sure).

• Upvote 14

9 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I wouldn't be surprised if these people also respect police work way more than health care work, though. Back the blue, am I right?

(I do not feel this way, which I wouldn't think I have to clarify, but just wanted to be sure).

I think its because penis.  Zach is a headship who must provide for his family. If Michaela were to work, that is just an "optional" job in fundy eyes because she doesn't have children to raise. I can see her avoiding full time work until the fertility doctors tell her there is absolutely no hope of getting pregnant.

• Upvote 23

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Michaela & Brandon 6: She Is an LPN and He Is Boring.....

But at that point I think she’ll adopt. Or “adopt” an embryo. I can’t imagine she’ll remain childless for life. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

True, if Zach is as devout (militant?) about adherence to all the religious legalities of his faith. MK has always presented as one of the most adherent among the Bates. Also, since MK is a LPN vs a RN, employment opportunities would likely be greater outside the hospital setting ( think MD office, clinic nursing home) where weekend and holiday work might be less of a requirement/issue.

• Upvote 7

Thanks to @JermajestyDuggar for the original share in the past thread.

Spoiler

image.png.859e7364ad44cf93bd010cb8b986663e.png

Dammit.....well I truly hope she sticks with little kids, and not teens, who are just learning about issues surrounding sexuality, etc.

Edited by The Mother Dust
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

IBLP seems to be on the decline. When it dies out, it will probably good for the Keilens to have another source of income. They have the show, but that may also die out. Michaela may need to work to support the family.

I wonder if financial instability has affected their decisions to adopt or persue infertility treatments. Both adoption and infertility can be quite pricey. Her sister Erin is now in the same boat. To adopt, Erin would probably have to find a bigger house with at least 3 bedrooms. (Foster care requires children of different sexes to have separate rooms.)

I think both Michaela and Brandon are boring. I'm sure people would think I'm boring as well, so it is what it is. 

• Upvote 10

47 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

IBLP seems to be on the decline. When it dies out, it will probably good for the Keilens to have another source of income. They have the show, but that may also die out. Michaela may need to work to support the family.

I wonder if financial instability has affected their decisions to adopt or persue infertility treatments. Both adoption and infertility can be quite pricey. Her sister Erin is now in the same boat. To adopt, Erin would probably have to find a bigger house with at least 3 bedrooms. (Foster care requires children of different sexes to have separate rooms.)

I think both Michaela and Brandon are boring. I'm sure people would think I'm boring as well, so it is what it is. 

I have wondered what Brandon will do should IBLP offices go bankrupt. His "biblical education" seems to be based totally on IBLP standards. So how marketable will he be to other churches and franchises? He and Michaela have a very old fashioned sensibility to them. So long as they could maintain it, I think that they will seek out that traditional marriage role lifestyle. If Michaela works as a nurse, it will probably be in a position where she is there each night to make his dinner rather than have him fend for himself. Whether it is their child-free status or her insecurity, she seems very hesitant to disappoint him or challenge him. He seems to have loosened up a bit, but she strikes me as the type who is worried she might say or do something wrong that would cause him to leave. Maybe they aren't that way off camera? But that is what I see when they are together. She borders on clingy at times. 

I have a feeling their pause in fertility treatments were due to both financial issues, as well as her schooling. More than likely, she is probably receiving advise that most women with fertility issues get - do something else to take your mind off it, and watch how fast you'll get pregnant. School may have been an attempt at that. I would also bet that part of their reasoning for moving to Tennessee was not just school for her but the opportunity to make some money on the show. 

International adoption isn't cheap. From where I adopted, you are talking $50,000 per child at least. Some countries are more and some are less. Yes, Erin's housing situation would have to be better for most adoption scenarios. In my background checks, they were very interested in if I rented or owned and what contingencies I had in place if I was to not be able to work for a while (I'm single so a solo income). I don't remember the ratios, but you have to earn so much yearly to show you can afford a child. I know one was 125% above the poverty rate.   

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 3/23/2021 at 1:52 PM, rebeccawriter01 said:

Snip...More than likely, she is probably receiving advise that most women with fertility issues get - do something else to take your mind off it, and watch how fast you'll get pregnant... Snip

As someone who experienced infertility and then multiple miscarriages, this advice is such a pet peeve/sore spot of mine. We don't tell people to find a hobby to take their mind off of their non-functioning kidney so that it magically functions again, yet society seems to think that that's a okay to spout this nonsense regarding infertility. 

• Upvote 18
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 22

1 hour ago, takers401 said:

As someone who experienced infertility and then multiple miscarriages, this advice is such a pet peeve/sore spot of mine. We don't tell people to find a hobby to take their mind off of their non-functioning kidney so that it magically functions again, yet society seems to think that that's a okay to spout this nonsense regarding infertility. 

I get it. I had a hysterectomy because of cancer. I had family and acquaintances suggest I postpone the hysterectomy to try to get pregnant. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 21
  • Love 16

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

I get it. I had a hysterectomy because of cancer. I had family and acquaintances suggest I postpone the hysterectomy to try to get pregnant. 

Did you tell them they are a fucking idiot? 

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

Was Michaela Callie's sister mom? Just wondering b/c of I have been watching BUB on UP since they started from the beginning. She seems very attached to Brandon and I was wondering if that is by extension b/c Michaela  was her sister mom?

Oh and don't get me started on Carlin letting the cat out of the bag on Michaela potty training all the little kids. ?

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

Tori once said that she potty-trained Judson, or maybe Jeb, or maybe both. She was kind of proud.  But the point is that everyone knows Michael did most of the parenting and other work in that house. I do believe she was the one daughter "they all" really missed having at home after she got married. And by "they all," I mean Kelly because Michael did most of her work, and also the remaining kids at home because Michael seemed to truly take care of them and love them.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Was Michaela Callie's sister mom?

Bates hadn't exactly a buddy system. I think Michaela mothered a lot of the kids, while Erin or Alyssa didn't (Erin studied piano and Alyssa did lots of chores but she tried not to babysit). Callie was especially attached to Michaela. Callie is very emotional and smart and I wonder if she felt alone when Michaela got married. 

When Jeb and Judson were born, Michaela worked as a nanny and was studying, so Tori and Carlin were the sistermoms, but I suppose Michaela.was still involved.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

did anyone see the Q&A she did a week ago where she said she wanted to be a nurse on medical missions? Methinks she will just be part of the scam that the Duggar/bates boys pass off as a charity, I forget their name for it . . . 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1

I've wondered that, too. And after Nathan (and Lawson for that matter) is married and a father will Medic-corps (whatever) still be a thing? Didn't John David Duggar go with Abbie somewhere for a missioncation with the group? Has he gone anywhere with Medic-corps (whatever) since he has been a father?

• Upvote 3

24 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I've wondered that, too. And after Nathan (and Lawson for that matter) is married and a father will Medic-corps (whatever) still be a thing? Didn't John David Duggar go with Abbie somewhere for a missioncation with the group? Has he gone anywhere with Medic-corps (whatever) since he has been a father?

Well, the recent tornadoes in Alabama might now be a draw for the group. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Well, the recent tornadoes in Alabama might now be a draw for the group. ?

Hell naw!!!  We got this here in Alabama.  We don't need or want their kind of "help".  Gov. Ivey declared a State of Emergency before the storms hit, making state and federal aid immediately available.  These dumb fucks need to keep their super-spreader asses at home.  They are not qualified for the job.

• Upvote 12

I’m not sure that they are qualified for much. How the heck do they get away with calling it Medicore when, apart from Abbie, they have zero medical qualifications? How has Lawson not been sued for his dental work? 

• Upvote 3

No, they only go places that let them be in charge. The US aid organizations would not put up with their shenanigans. They would also be required to help everyone regardless of race, sex, religion, sexual orientation exc. They are only interested in helping the "right" kind of Christian.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

17 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m not sure that they are qualified for much. How the heck do they get away with calling it Medicore when, apart from Abbie, they have zero medical qualifications? How has Lawson not been sued for his dental work? 

The organization is called Mediccorps. There is a real organization that helps people called Medicorps. That alone tells you everything need to know about the Duggar/Bates organization. It's clearly trying to fool and confuse people with its name that is almost identical to a real group. 

• Upvote 12
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

• 5 weeks later...

Did anyone else catch her instagram story Q&A? Very boring questions, very boring and predictable perfect answers including how great her mom is for homeschooling them. I wonder what she thinks of her more worldly siblings...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

I wonder what she thinks of her more worldly siblings...

(Speculation mode on) I suppose she is ok with Josie or Alyssa, because despite their modern outfits, they are respectable conservative wives. But she must be horrified of Nathan touchy-touchy courtship (of course, Esther must be the "bad influence", poor Nathan, etc). 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Did anyone else catch her instagram story Q&A? Very boring questions, very boring and predictable perfect answers including how great her mom is for homeschooling them. I wonder what she thinks of her more worldly siblings...

I was surprised to read that she learned sign language (I'm assuming ASL) and even though she has forgotten a lot of it still considers herself at least somewhat fluent.

I wonder who taught her and whether or not they actually payed for classes. She must have studied it for quite a while to become fluent. Having learnt several foreign languages myself, I'm sceptical about her claim to still be fluent, unless she uses her skills regularly.

• Upvote 8

• Coconut Flan locked this topic