IGNORED

See A Very Sad Photo From Kirk Cameron's Birthday Party

celestial

There's only 3 people at his party, including him?

There's only 3 people at his party, including him?

The photographer would make four people-stil a small showing though. That isn't sad to me. Don't get me wrong. I really, really dislike Kirk Cameron. But I don't think that a small birthday party is a sad event.

The article said that there were more people at the party but why weren't they standing around him? I've never seen a birthday picture where the person blowing out the candles stood by himself.

I didn't know who he was, but I don't see what's wrong with the picture either. I don't like big birthday celebrations for myself: even as a small kid I would cry during the happy birthday song because I hated being the center of attention. I'd much rather have dinner and a cake with 3 or 4 of my nearest and dearest.

From the article:

According to a person at the party who spoke to The Cutline, there were 10-15 people behind the camera when the photo of Cameron was taken.

I don't think they ordered enough food, unless there were also more sandwiches behind the camera when the photo was taken.

It just kind of looked like an office staff lunch to me, and they got the ol boss a little birthday cake.

FTR, I loathe KC too - I just don't think this was an actual woo-hoo party - it looks like the middle of the workday to me.

I didn't think it was all that sad, either. It was an office party. I've beeen to plenty of office parties where someone just brought a little cake as a token and anyone staying after work stopped by. It's not like it was a real family/ friends party. It is a funny pic though. =)

From the article:

I don't think they ordered enough food, unless there were also more sandwiches behind the camera when the photo was taken.

that was my thought!

I think that the group posted it on purpose to get people talking about Kirk again. Is he in any new projects? This is on the web and there is no reason such a photo would stir any controversy. My guess is that Kirk has been posting it himself.

I think that the group posted it on purpose to get people talking about Kirk again. Is he in any new projects? This is on the web and there is no reason such a photo would stir any controversy. My guess is that Kirk has been posting it himself.

Could be. There's no reason for that silly photo to be causing so much attention. Having been born in late February, I've had far sadder parties thanks to blizzards and ice storms with power outages. Looks like a typical lame office party to me.

Which is not say Kirk personally isn't pathetic.

Saw this on Dlisted yesterday. I almost wet myself laughing. Not from the picture, but from Michael K's brilliant but filthy post about it. As for the pic, I can't really snark, just looks like one of the dozens of office birthday "spreads" I've been to.

I still can't stand Kirk, though.

Even for an office party, it doesn't look good. Why aren't his co-workers, the two ladies gathered around? Who are the sandwiches for? Shouldn't they at least be there. For someone who was so famous at one time, even the office party should have looked better.

I posted the picture in the LOLDOUG thread to see if anyone could do it justice, but for the record I don't find the lack of attendants to be the amusing part, I find the looks of absolute boredom on the women's faces the funny part. Especially the woman in the doorway who looks like she's either trying to hide or make a quiet escape, she looks especially pissed.

Why is everyone standing away as he blows out the candles? Even with 10-15 people there, its weird that no one would be sitting around or standing near him. Every blowing out candle picture I've ever seen has parents or close friends on the side of the birthday person.

I think its either staged or he's so miserable no one wants to go near him even when there's cake.

Archived