IGNORED

Trump 47: The Covidiot's Traveling Circus Is Back On The Road

GreyhoundFan

Of course, the other difference is that Obama wouldn't have believed in magic to wish away Covid. He would have actually gathered the best scientists to attack it in coordination with the rest of the world.

• Upvote 9

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Of course, the other difference is that Obama wouldn't have believed in magic to wish away Covid. He would have actually gathered the best scientists to attack it in coordination with the rest of the world.

but... But... Obama went golfing when one or two people had Ebola. That was much much worse! 

(Disgusting to write but I know what trumpanzees think)

• Upvote 9

I guess Twitler received a performance review on Thursday:

• Upvote 7

Well, that'll narrow it down...

I love the Borowitz Report.

• Haha 12

"In just one month, Trump commits a whole new set of potentially impeachable offenses"

Spoiler

President Trump’s contempt for the Constitution is deepening at an accelerating pace.

How can I tell?

In a June 28 column, I updated the articles of impeachment, imagining as a thought experiment that the Senate had postponed action at the beginning of the year rather than voting to acquit. Based on Trump’s behavior in the intervening five months and what we had learned of his earlier actions, I argued that at least four new articles were warranted.

Now, only four weeks later, there’s enough misbehavior to lengthen the indictment just as much again.

To be clear: I am not suggesting that the House should again impeach the president. It’s up to the voters to render judgment, and we will have our chance soon enough.

But the thought experiment is valuable as a measure of whether Trump was chastened by becoming only the third president in history to be impeached, as some Republican senators assured us he would be — and as a warning of what we might expect if he is returned to office for a second term.

You will recall that Trump was impeached on two counts: abuse of power, for withholding aid and a White House meeting in a corrupt attempt to extort political favors from the president of Ukraine; and obstruction of Congress, for refusing to cooperate with the legitimate House inquiry into his scheme.

In June, I proposed four additional articles. The first was for willful endangerment of the American people, for political ends, with his fatally negligent response to the covid-19 pandemic.

Trump decided that his reelection depended on reopening, so he ignored his own scientists’ advice and undermined governors’ leadership with calls to “liberate” the states. The result: a pandemic out of control. In just the past six weeks, the number of cases has doubled from 2 million to 4 million.

Yet, as that has been unfolding, the White House engaged in a bizarre campaign to discredit the nation’s top infectious-disease doctor, Anthony S. Fauci. And Trump continues to belittle testing, the essential tool for reopening. Let’s add those to the indictment.

My month-old Article 2, abuse of law-enforcement powers, will have to be retopped, because the offenses I included a month ago pale beside the recent, reckless deployment of federal forces into U.S. cities for political purposes. As my colleague Ruth Marcus wrote, “Something terrible, something dangerous — and, yes, something unconstitutional — is happening in Portland, Ore.” — where, over the objections of the governor and mayor, unbadged federal agents have swept peaceful protesters into unmarked vans and detained them. All so that Trump can posture as a “law-and-order” president.

My Article 3, abuse of appointment power, will have to be updated, too, now that the courageous Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman has been not only drummed out of the White House but bullied out of the military altogether.

Article 4, abuse of power in foreign affairs, gets a new count. The original cited Trump’s acquiescence to China’s concentration camps in western China in exchange for the campaign help of promising to buy soybeans from Midwest farmers.

Now we would have to add his unexplained, and thus far inexplicable, supine acquiescence to Russia’s reported bounty payments for the killing of U.S. servicemen in Afghanistan.

And we would need some new articles as well, starting with Article 5: Abuse of power for personal enrichment. The New York Times reports that the U.S. ambassador to Britain told several people in 2018 that Trump was pushing him to get the British government to steer the lucrative British Open golf tournament to a Trump-owned resort in Scotland.

He hasn’t landed the tournament yet. But attempted sleaze is still sleaze.

But if you want actual payments, we have those, too, as Post reporter David Fahrenthold has helped uncover. In this election cycle, according to the Center for Responsive Politics, Trump’s campaign, Trump-affiliated committees and the Trump-controlled Republican Party have steered more than $4 million to Trump-owned businesses. Those aren’t tax dollars, true, but I would not want to be the defense lawyer arguing in the U.S. Senate that it’s perfectly fine to use donor funds and the political process to enrich oneself.

Article 6 would be abuse of the reprieve and pardon power. The Constitution allows the president to free felons, including one who has been convicted of lying to Congress and the FBI to protect the president. That doesn’t make it okay.

Finally, Article 7 would charge Trump with undermining faith in the electoral process. The president’s lies about the possibility of fraud in mail-in balloting, combined with his threats to disregard the results of the election, wouldn’t register as transgressions in the U.S. criminal code. But could there be any higher crime and misdemeanor than deliberately seeking to suppress the vote, seed chaos and lay the groundwork to obstruct a peaceful transfer of power?

Well, maybe. Come back in a few weeks.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My month-old Article 2, abuse of law-enforcement powers, will have to be retopped, because the offenses I included a month ago pale beside the recent, reckless deployment of federal forces into U.S. cities for political purposes

Are they federal forces though, when it's true Erik Prince's Blackwater mercs are involved? 

I realize the argument could be made that as the federal government hired them, they might be viewed as federal, but they aren't actual, official forces. Which, in my opinion, makes it all the more egregious, and potentially even more illegal, when they are set upon the American public.

One could even say that this is an act of war against Oregon.

• I Agree 6

Meanwhile #BunkerBitch is showing what a fucking coward he really is. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 6

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Meanwhile #BunkerBitch is showing what a fucking coward he really is. 

When is he going to install a moat?  And will it be stocked with crocodiles?

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, Xan said:

When is he going to install a moat?  And will it be stocked with crocodiles?

Or sharks with fricking laser beams on their heads 

Edited by 47of74
  • Haha 8

Notre Dame exhibits common sense and says 'nope' to hosting debate due to covid.

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

Notre Dame exhibits common sense and says 'nope' to hosting debate due to covid.

I think the debates should be remote. Twitler's panties would be in a major wad if he had no live audience AND the moderators could mute him when he tries to scream past his allotted time. Of course, I am not convinced he'll actually show up for the debates, there's really very little upside for him to debate Biden.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Fuckopotomus von #BunkerBitch won’t go pay respects to Rep. Lewis  

Donald Trump, who in recent weeks has stirred racial tensions, says he has no plans to visit the late Congressman John Lewis as the civil rights icon lies in state at the US Capitol.

"No I won't be going," the president said. "No." 

The president delivered the news as he left the White House for a trip to North Carolina. As he took reporters' questions, Mr Lewis' casket had just arrived at the Capitol, where a military honour guard carried his American-flag draped casket up the white stairs and into the rotunda.

Of course if it was me I sure as hell wouldn’t want the Fuckmuppet at any services for me. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

19 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Fuckopotomus von #BunkerBitch won’t go pay respects to Rep. Lewis  

Of course if it was me I sure as hell wouldn’t want the Fuckmuppet at any services for me. 

That is exactly why I pray for President Carter, RBG, and even Bob Dole every day. I don't want Trump anywhere near their funerals, and hope we have a real president by the time their funerals come.

• Upvote 11

You couldn't make this up:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

Triggered!

How galling it must be when your favorite propaganda outlet gets used against you. :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Triggered!

How galling it must be when your favorite propaganda outlet gets used against you. :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

How exactly is it illegal?

Just now, onekidanddone said:

All this is going to do is create more ‘trending’

Sorry #bunkerboy  I will never again use #bunkerboy because #bunkerboy hurt your fee fees. 
Can I call him #orangeballofsewage instead. 

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

How exactly is it illegal?

Sorry #bunkerboy  I will never again use #bunkerboy because #bunkerboy hurt your fee fees. 
Can I call him #orangeballofsewage instead. 

Yeah I was coming here too to make note of #bunkerfucker whining about the trending function on Twitter.  Ted Lieu had a good response to him. 

I think it’s time to get #bunkerbitch trending again. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

Because of course he did: "Facebook deleted a viral video full of false coronavirus claims. Then Trump shared it on Twitter."

Spoiler

On Monday evening, Facebook scrubbed from its site a viral video showing a group of doctors making misleading and false claims about the coronavirus pandemic after more than 14 million people had watched it. Hours later, President Trump tweeted out multiple clips of the same video to his 84.2 million followers.

Trump shared the video — which claims that face masks and lockdowns are not needed to stop the disease — as he shared 14 tweets over a half-hour span defending the use of hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug that the president has repeatedly promoted, and attacking Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-diseases expert.

Twitter soon followed Facebook and YouTube in removing the videos, deleting several of the tweets that Trump shared, and even adding a note to its trending topics warning about the potential risks of hydroxychloroquine use.

“Tweets with the video are in violation of our covid-19 misinformation policy,” Liz Kelley, a spokeswoman for Twitter, told The Washington Post.

Trump’s decision to share the misleading video comes amid mounting criticism, from opponents and allies alike, over his handling of a pandemic that has now killed at least 145,000 people in the United States. The president spent months obstinately denying the severity of the crisis, refusing to wear a mask in public, blaming rising case numbers on testing, and campaigning against governors’ shutdown orders. In recent weeks, however, Trump has occasionally changed tack, donning a mask in public for the first time earlier this month and deciding to cancel the Republican National Convention celebrations set to take place in Jacksonville, Fla.

But on Monday, the president again turned to promoting a drug that the Food and Drug Administration warns carries significant health risks, and portraying the widely accepted scientific consensus on its use as an attack on his reelection campaign.

The video Trump shared Monday night showed a collection of doctors speaking in favor of treating covid-19 patients with the antimalarial drug. The clip focused on the testimony of a woman named Stella Immanuel, who received a medical license in Texas last November, according to state records. The doctor did not return a request for comment.

image.png.1b9634d37854525b0427eb3ce64a6e90.png

Immanuel says she previously worked as a doctor in Nigeria and also calls herself a “Deliverance Minister” who is “God’s battle axe and weapon of war.” She has given sermons attacking progressive values and promoting conspiracy theories including, in her words, “the gay agenda, secular humanism, Illuminati and the demonic new world order.” Another doctor shown in the video, a noted Trump supporter, called Immanuel a “warrior.”

“You don’t need a mask,” Immanuel claimed in the video, contradicting the widely accepted medical advice that has been promoted even by the White House coronavirus task force and Trump himself. She repeatedly called studies questioning the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine “fake science.”

“We don’t need to be locked down,” she continued, despite evidence that stay-at-home orders have helped curb the spread of the virus. “America there is a cure for covid.”

There is no known cure for the novel coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Multiple studies have disputed claims that antimalarial and antiviral drugs like hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and chloroquine can help treat or even prevent the coronavirus. Last month, the FDA revoked an emergency approval that allowed doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine to covid-19 patients even though the treatment was untested.

Still, Trump has repeatedly promoted the drugs. White House trade adviser Peter Navarro and Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, took to Fox News this month to urge the FDA to issue a new emergency approval for the drug after a study, widely panned by scientists as flawed, showed some effectiveness from early use of the medication. The White House did not return a request for comment late Monday.

The controversial video was promoted across social media platforms earlier on Monday by conservative site Breitbart News, a political group called the Tea Party Patriots, and a recently formed coalition of advocates calling themselves America’s Frontline Doctors. Neither Breitbart nor the organizers behind the event responded to The Post’s requests for comment.

Facebook removed the video first, around 9:30 p.m., but not before more than 14 million people had watched it on the platform. Google followed suit, removing the video from Breitbart’s YouTube channel on Monday evening.

“We removed it for sharing false information about cures and treatments for COVID-19,” Facebook spokesman Andy Stone said in a tweet.

After Facebook removed the video, Immanuel offered the tech company a warning on Twitter.

“Hello Facebook put back my profile page and videos up or your computers with start crashing till you do,” she wrote. “You are not bigger that God. I promise you. If my page is not back up face book will be down in Jesus name.”

By early Tuesday morning, after Trump’s retweets, Twitter joined Facebook and YouTube in blocking the misleading video. The platform also added an editorial note to its trending topics, where the search term “Breitbart” had been spiking for hours as people posted about the video. “Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for COVID-19, according to the FDA,” the new trending topic said, in addition to providing additional context about hydroxychloroquine. Several tweets with the video, including at least two shared by Trump, were removed. The social media site also removed a tweet by Donald Trump Jr., that featured a version of the video.

Despite the platforms’ efforts to suppress the misinformation, tens of millions of people watched it online Monday, and different versions of the clip could still be found on the social media platforms early Tuesday morning, as people continued to share and re-upload the video.

America’s Frontline Doctors has a website that appears to be just 12 days old. That site links to the Twitter account of the group’s founder, Simone Gold, a Trump-supporting doctor based in Los Angeles. The group claims to consist of several doctors who appear to be licensed in California, Georgia and Texas.

Different versions of the clip were shared on Monday by Breitbart, which covered the group’s news conference, and the Tea Party Patriots, which had reportedly organized the summit.

Social media sites have moved to shut down misleading information about the coronavirus pandemic in the past. In May, Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo removed a trailer for a documentary called “Plandemic” after it went viral. That video falsely claimed masks could be harmful and promoted conspiracy theories about Fauci.

Monday’s viral video prompted thousands of posts spreading false information about the pandemic. The first tweet the president shared, which included the clip, suggested hydroxychloroquine was being maligned in a ploy to discredit Trump and harm his reelection bid.

“WOW!! Doctor calls out what should be the biggest scandal in modern American history,” said the now-deleted tweet shared by Trump. “The suppression of #Hydroxychloroquine by Fauci & the Democrats to perpetuate Covid deaths to hurt Trump.”

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

Toddler-in-chief: "Trump reportedly made unexpected first pitch announcement out of irritation with Fauci"

Spoiler

President Trump reportedly caught both White House aides and the New York Yankees by surprise when he said Thursday at a White House coronavirus briefing that he was accepting an invitation by the team to throw out a ceremonial first pitch and would do so on Aug. 15.

Trump backtracked from that plan on Sunday, saying in a tweet that he would not be able to throw out the pitch that day because a “strong focus on the China Virus, including scheduled meetings on Vaccines, our economy and much else” would prevent him from traveling to New York at that time.

By that time, White House staff had informed the Yankees that Trump had an unspecified prior engagement on Aug. 15, according to a report Monday in the New York Times. Trump did have a standing invitation to throw out a first pitch from Yankees President Randy Levine, whom he called a “great friend,” but nothing specific had been arranged.

A senior administration official familiar with the president‘s planned schedule confirmed to The Washington Post on Monday that no such trip to New York was in the works before Trump announced it, and that he caught some aides by surprise with that declaration.

Trump’s comments from a White House podium happened to occur just hours before MLB’s coronavirus-delayed Opening Day was set to begin with a game between the visiting Yankees and the Washington Nationals. Throwing out the first pitch for that much-anticipated event was Anthony S. Fauci, the Trump administration’s top infectious-disease official.

Trump was irritated that Fauci was given the honor, the Times reported, citing an official familiar with his reaction. Not to be outdone, he reportedly told his staff to get in touch with the Yankees and take Levine up on his offer, but then the president went ahead and threw a curveball at the coronavirus briefing with his claim that he would take the mound on Aug. 15.

A Yankees spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment on Monday’s report. ESPN had reported Thursday that the team confirmed Trump would throw out a first pitch “at some point this season.”

While polls show Trump getting poor marks from most Americans for his handling of the coronavirus pandemic, to the point where his reelection chances are imperiled, Fauci has been seen by many as a trusted, if not outright admired, figure. Trump has made critical remarks about Fauci this month, and the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases has been allowed fewer chances to deliver his advice on containing the health crisis.

A 79-year-old whose face mask of choice during the pandemic has made clear he is a big fan of the Nationals, Fauci told the Times on Monday that he was invited to throw the first pitch several weeks ago by the Lerner family, which owns the team and was grateful for his coronoavirus-related guidance.

The day before his big moment on the mound, Fauci got some tips from Nats star Ryan Zimmerman, who tried to soothe the nerves of the former high school basketball standout by reminding him that MLB is not allowing fans in the stands. “If you bounce it, there’s nobody there to boo you, so you’ll be good to go,” said Zimmerman.

Unfortunately for Fauci, he didn’t just bounce the ball, but failed to get it anywhere close to home plate. He told the Times that he practiced diligently but made a major mistake by having “completely miscalculated” the distance he would need to cover with his pitch, which threw off his form.

Asked what advice he would offer Trump, Fauci said it would be to “throw high” and with “a big loft.”

Trump has thrown first pitches in the past, including at a 2006 Yankees game against the Red Sox at Boston’s Fenway Park, but he has yet to do so since the 2016 election. That has him running out of time in his first term to avoid becoming the first sitting president in more than 100 years not to perform the ceremony.

When the Nationals were in the World Series last year, playing some of the games just three miles from the White House, Trump said he would not throw out a first pitch. “They’ve got to dress me up in a lot of heavy armor — I’ll look too heavy,” he said at the time.

The president did attend Game 5 of the championship series at Nationals Park, at which point he was booed loudly.

In his tweet Sunday bowing out of the first pitch on Aug. 15, Trump said, “We will make it later in the season!” However, developments Monday raised questions about how realistic MLB is being about trying to play a truncated season even as new coronavirus cases have risen to unprecedented levels nationally over the past month.

The Yankees’ game Monday against the host Philadelphia Phillies was postponed after an outbreak hit the Miami Marlins, who had just played in Philadelphia. Miami’s home game against the Baltimore Orioles was also postponed, as was a scheduled game between those teams on Tuesday.

MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said Monday that if coronavirus test results proved “acceptable,” the Marlins and Orioles would resume play on Wednesday, but the episode has rattled some clubhouses.

“My level of concern went from about an eight to a 12,” said Nationals Manager Dave Martinez, a 55-year-old who had a health scare last season.

“Baseball aside wanting the season to continue, but you got to put that on the back burner right now and say, all right, how do we keep everybody safe? And we know somebody might have to make a hard decision,” Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Josh Lindblom told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel on Monday.

Looking at the bigger picture, Fauci struck a hopeful note Monday as he told CNN he was “cautiously optimistic” about a potential coronavirus vaccine now entering the first in a series of U.S. clinical trials. Fauci said he briefed Trump on the development, which involves a test of the possible vaccine on 15,000 people while another 15,000 participants receive a placebo.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Because of course he did: "Facebook deleted a viral video full of false coronavirus claims. Then Trump shared it on Twitter."

Hide contents

On Monday evening, Facebook scrubbed from its site a viral video showing a group of doctors making misleading and false claims about the coronavirus pandemic after more than 14 million people had watched it. Hours later, President Trump tweeted out multiple clips of the same video to his 84.2 million followers.

Trump shared the video — which claims that face masks and lockdowns are not needed to stop the disease — as he shared 14 tweets over a half-hour span defending the use of hydroxychloroquine, an antimalarial drug that the president has repeatedly promoted, and attacking Anthony S. Fauci, the nation’s top infectious-diseases expert.

Twitter soon followed Facebook and YouTube in removing the videos, deleting several of the tweets that Trump shared, and even adding a note to its trending topics warning about the potential risks of hydroxychloroquine use.

“Tweets with the video are in violation of our covid-19 misinformation policy,” Liz Kelley, a spokeswoman for Twitter, told The Washington Post.

Trump’s decision to share the misleading video comes amid mounting criticism, from opponents and allies alike, over his handling of a pandemic that has now killed at least 145,000 people in the United States. The president spent months obstinately denying the severity of the crisis, refusing to wear a mask in public, blaming rising case numbers on testing, and campaigning against governors’ shutdown orders. In recent weeks, however, Trump has occasionally changed tack, donning a mask in public for the first time earlier this month and deciding to cancel the Republican National Convention celebrations set to take place in Jacksonville, Fla.

But on Monday, the president again turned to promoting a drug that the Food and Drug Administration warns carries significant health risks, and portraying the widely accepted scientific consensus on its use as an attack on his reelection campaign.

The video Trump shared Monday night showed a collection of doctors speaking in favor of treating covid-19 patients with the antimalarial drug. The clip focused on the testimony of a woman named Stella Immanuel, who received a medical license in Texas last November, according to state records. The doctor did not return a request for comment.

image.png.1b9634d37854525b0427eb3ce64a6e90.png

Immanuel says she previously worked as a doctor in Nigeria and also calls herself a “Deliverance Minister” who is “God’s battle axe and weapon of war.” She has given sermons attacking progressive values and promoting conspiracy theories including, in her words, “the gay agenda, secular humanism, Illuminati and the demonic new world order.” Another doctor shown in the video, a noted Trump supporter, called Immanuel a “warrior.”

“You don’t need a mask,” Immanuel claimed in the video, contradicting the widely accepted medical advice that has been promoted even by the White House coronavirus task force and Trump himself. She repeatedly called studies questioning the safety and effectiveness of hydroxychloroquine “fake science.”

“We don’t need to be locked down,” she continued, despite evidence that stay-at-home orders have helped curb the spread of the virus. “America there is a cure for covid.”

There is no known cure for the novel coronavirus, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization. Multiple studies have disputed claims that antimalarial and antiviral drugs like hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin, and chloroquine can help treat or even prevent the coronavirus. Last month, the FDA revoked an emergency approval that allowed doctors to prescribe hydroxychloroquine to covid-19 patients even though the treatment was untested.

Still, Trump has repeatedly promoted the drugs. White House trade adviser Peter Navarro and Trump’s personal lawyer, Rudolph W. Giuliani, took to Fox News this month to urge the FDA to issue a new emergency approval for the drug after a study, widely panned by scientists as flawed, showed some effectiveness from early use of the medication. The White House did not return a request for comment late Monday.

The controversial video was promoted across social media platforms earlier on Monday by conservative site Breitbart News, a political group called the Tea Party Patriots, and a recently formed coalition of advocates calling themselves America’s Frontline Doctors. Neither Breitbart nor the organizers behind the event responded to The Post’s requests for comment.

Facebook removed the video first, around 9:30 p.m., but not before more than 14 million people had watched it on the platform. Google followed suit, removing the video from Breitbart’s YouTube channel on Monday evening.

“We removed it for sharing false information about cures and treatments for COVID-19,” Facebook spokesman Andy Stone said in a tweet.

After Facebook removed the video, Immanuel offered the tech company a warning on Twitter.

“Hello Facebook put back my profile page and videos up or your computers with start crashing till you do,” she wrote. “You are not bigger that God. I promise you. If my page is not back up face book will be down in Jesus name.”

By early Tuesday morning, after Trump’s retweets, Twitter joined Facebook and YouTube in blocking the misleading video. The platform also added an editorial note to its trending topics, where the search term “Breitbart” had been spiking for hours as people posted about the video. “Hydroxychloroquine is not an effective treatment for COVID-19, according to the FDA,” the new trending topic said, in addition to providing additional context about hydroxychloroquine. Several tweets with the video, including at least two shared by Trump, were removed. The social media site also removed a tweet by Donald Trump Jr., that featured a version of the video.

Despite the platforms’ efforts to suppress the misinformation, tens of millions of people watched it online Monday, and different versions of the clip could still be found on the social media platforms early Tuesday morning, as people continued to share and re-upload the video.

America’s Frontline Doctors has a website that appears to be just 12 days old. That site links to the Twitter account of the group’s founder, Simone Gold, a Trump-supporting doctor based in Los Angeles. The group claims to consist of several doctors who appear to be licensed in California, Georgia and Texas.

Different versions of the clip were shared on Monday by Breitbart, which covered the group’s news conference, and the Tea Party Patriots, which had reportedly organized the summit.

Social media sites have moved to shut down misleading information about the coronavirus pandemic in the past. In May, Facebook, YouTube and Vimeo removed a trailer for a documentary called “Plandemic” after it went viral. That video falsely claimed masks could be harmful and promoted conspiracy theories about Fauci.

Monday’s viral video prompted thousands of posts spreading false information about the pandemic. The first tweet the president shared, which included the clip, suggested hydroxychloroquine was being maligned in a ploy to discredit Trump and harm his reelection bid.

“WOW!! Doctor calls out what should be the biggest scandal in modern American history,” said the now-deleted tweet shared by Trump. “The suppression of #Hydroxychloroquine by Fauci & the Democrats to perpetuate Covid deaths to hurt Trump.”

To me this is more evidence that he is in some way profitting off the sales of hydroxychloroquine. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Yeah that didn't last long

The idea that President Donald Trump has turned some new leaf and is now maturely leading the fight against the pandemic is yet again being exposed as a pure political play by his own behavior.

Trump on Monday launched a fresh push to get states to quickly reopen their economies, ignoring the fact that his previous advice on such lines helped spark a surge of cases in the Sun Belt.

Then the President retweeted a video in which a group of doctors make false claims about the virus, including one who says "you don't need masks" because hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malaria drug pushed by the President, is a "cure" in combination with several other drugs. Multiple credible scientific studies say the treatment is ineffective against Covid-19. The video, which went viral on YouTube, was later removed by Facebook and Twitter because it spread misinformation.

It was just the latest occasion when Trump's scripted shows of responsibility about the virus, witnessed in his return to the White House briefing last week, were undermined by what appears to be his true, conspiratorial, politicized views. Only last week, the President grudgingly became one of the last public officials to endorse the use of masks to slow the spread of the virus. Now, yet again, he is undercutting government advice on the matter.

Hopefully this time next year Fuck Muppet will be an unpleasant memory cooling his heels in jail.

• Upvote 6

Orange Donnie's picking out his g-string* for tomorrow:

Spoiler

*There are rare exceptions like Beto O'Rourke, but most national and statewide candidates only show their faces west of I-35 in Texas when they want money.    

• Upvote 5

59 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Orange Donnie's picking out his g-string* for tomorrow:

Yeah you'll excuse me now while I go barf up everything I've had to eat and drink over the past few days.  I really did not need the mental image of Orange Fuckopotomus von #Bunkerbitch in any sort of underwear, let along a g-string.

• Haha 5
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah you'll excuse me now while I go barf up everything I've had to eat and drink over the past few days.  I really did not need the mental image of Orange Fuckopotomus von #Bunkerbitch in any sort of underwear, let along a g-string.

Sorry, my friend. My bitterness over most national and statewide politicians only remembering that my region exists when they want money is flowing today. Lyin' Ted's on his second term now, and he still hasn't opened a single senate office west of I-35. :pb_rollseyes:

Spoiler

image.png.a30dddc5f803fd7957eb038816a38551.png

• Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic