IGNORED

Love Island host Caroline Flack found dead

Glasgowghirl

British Television presenter Caroline Flack has been found dead in her flat aged 40, it's believed she took her own life. She recently had to withdraw from presenting Love Island Winter edition because she was facing charges regarding a domestic incident with her boyfriend, the British press hounded her for months and were relentless in printing stories about her before the case had gone to court. The same press are now posting tributes to her and professing to care about people's mental health.

She is the 3rd person connected to the show to have taken their own life in two year's, ITV have also came under fire after a contestant on the Jeremy Kyle show also killed themselves. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

The wtf reaction was to the number of people connected to the show who have taken their lives. That is quite high. 

I thought the press were supposed to be silent while a case was sub judice?

16 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

The wtf reaction was to the number of people connected to the show who have taken their lives. That is quite high. 

I thought the press were supposed to be silent while a case was sub judice?

They are they had decided she was guilty and even when her boyfriend stated that what they had reported happened was greatly exaggerated and he regretted calling the police and didn't support the prosecution. They posted fake pictures of the alleged crime scene. They wanted to hang her out to dry they also kept bringing up her fling with Harry Style's when he was on X factor because he was 17 and she was 30, he was above the age of consent in the UK and he has never indicated that he has felt taken advantage of. 

• WTF 1

It would be nice if the prosecutions arm of the judicary decides to take a hard look at what was published, and whether it was in breach of the law and looks at possible charges. The whole aim of sub judice in my understanding (caveat: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV) is to give the defendant as fair a trial as possible and prevent some of this trial by media crap.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

It would be nice if the prosecutions arm of the judicary decides to take a hard look at what was published, and whether it was in breach of the law and looks at possible charges. The whole aim of sub judice in my understanding (caveat: I am not a lawyer, nor do I play one on TV) is to give the defendant as fair a trial as possible and prevent some of this trial by media crap.

More should be done. She wasn't allowed to speak about the ongoing case her boyfriend wasn't allowed to speak much about it either, so the press just said what they liked and ITV didn't offer her any support either but offered fellow presenter Ant McPartlin support when he was arrested for drunk driving and could have killed a mother and young child, he was allowed to take time of from presenting and then given his job back, Caroline resigned from Love Island because they made her to and were not going to offer her job back even if cleared. 

• Sad 2

On 2/15/2020 at 11:27 PM, Ozlsn said:

This is one of my (many!) issues with the UK press, particularly the "red tops" like the s*n and the m****r. There's honestly so much wrong when a woman who commits a minor sounding crime in the heat of the moment gets hounded but many members of our current government have committed fraud or worse and are given little to no hassle from the press. Scandal sells, particularly if it's a relatively attractive woman who is involved. It's rotten.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:51 PM, Ozlsn said:

Confirming my feeling that Love Island is a terrible show that makes a mockery of human emotion. Yuck!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1