IGNORED

Impeachment 3: The MF Has Been Impeached! The Trial Has Begun!

GreyhoundFan

Let the speculation begin. Will they hold on to the Articles of impeachment or send them to the Senate?

Edited by fraurosena
Silly Dutch autocorrect fail
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Sorry to do this in the middle of celebrating. I’m happy alongside my American FJers.

My 22 year old son is studying politics at university and he is blowing up my phone. 
Please be kind to me - I’m not American and don’t follow American politics, but I know I don’t like Trump at all. I am glad he was impeached.

My son is saying that Trump was preferable to Pence - can anyone please send some websites or cliff notes my way so I can have a basic idea of how to refute this? I can’t see how anyone could be worse than Trump. And don’t you guys have an election soon? Pence won’t be in for long, right?

I feel dumb :( 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, adidas said:

Sorry to do this in the middle of celebrating. I’m happy alongside my American FJers.

My 22 year old son is studying politics at university and he is blowing up my phone. 
Please be kind to me - I’m not American and don’t follow American politics, but I know I don’t like Trump at all. I am glad he was impeached.

My son is saying that Trump was preferable to Pence - can anyone please send some websites or cliff notes my way so I can have a basic idea of how to refute this? I can’t see how anyone could be worse than Trump. And don’t you guys have an election soon? Pence won’t be in for long, right?

You’re not dumb, @adidas! What I think your son is referring to is Pence’s obvious penchant for an evangelical fundamentalist theocracy. Like Gilead. There are arguments to be made that such a Pencian theocracy is indeed worse than Trump. But only worse when compared to Trump as he is now. But would Pence’s theocracy be worse than an authoritarian dictator Trump?

Is it worse to live under theocratic rule in Iran, or to live under Kim Jong Un? Or Saddam Hussein? Hitler? Idi Amin? Pol  Pot?

No, the difference between Pence and Trump isn’t the type of dictatorship they wish to achieve. It’s the subservient, sycophantic, following nature of Pence vs the irrational, volatile and completely capricious and petty nature of Trump that should be compared.

In that light, Trump is imminently more dangerous.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

14 minutes ago, adidas said:

You’re not dumb. 

I’m on my phone, so I’m going to find it hard to provide any links. Um sure others will, or I will do so in the morning.

Pence is even worse because he’s a hardcore evangelical. He also was in Congress, so he knows how to get things done. He and his wife, whom he calls “mother”, would dearly love to install the evangelical version of Shiria law in the US. Unlike the tangerine toddler, Pence is unwavering in his viewpoint and doesn’t give a damn about anyone other than rich white men. His appointees to the Supreme Court would make Clarence Thomas look liberal.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, fraurosena said:

You’re not dumb, @adidas! What I think your son is referring to is Pence’s obvious penchant for an evangelical fundamentalist theocracy. Like Gilead. There are arguments to be made that such a Pencian theocracy is indeed worse than Trump. But only worse when compared to Trump as he is now. But would Pence’s theocracy be worse than an authoritarian dictator Trump?

Is it worse to live under theocratic rule in Iran, or to live under Kim Jong Un? Or Saddam Hussein? Hitler? Idi Amin? Pol  Pot?

No, the difference between Pence and Trump isn’t the type of dictatorship they wish to achieve. It’s the subservient, sycophantic, following nature of Pence vs the irrational, volatile and completely capricious and petty nature of Trump that should be compared.

In that light, Trump is imminently more dangerous.

Well and succinctly said, @fraurosena.

I've said for several years: as awful as a theocrat like Pence is and would be, at least he's predictable.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

You’re not dumb. 

I’m on my phone, so I’m going to find it hard to provide any links. Um sure others will, or I will do so in the morning.

Pence is even worse because he’s a hardcore evangelical. He also was in Congress, so he knows how to get things done. He and his wife, whom he calls “mother”, would dearly love to install the evangelical version of Shiria law in the US. Unlike the tangerine toddler, Pence is unwavering in his viewpoint and doesn’t give a damn about anyone other than rich white men. His appointees to the Supreme Court would make Clarence Thomas look liberal.

I worked on church-state separation issues for a national nonprofit for nineteen years, and saw Pence enact a number of terrible policies in Indiana and before he became VP. Yes, he is a theocrat, and would be bad for the country. But we have fought that shit before. As I said above, at least he is predictably awful. 

Edited to add: @adidas, you've been around long enough for us to know you're not dumb! And yes, we have a presidential election next November, so if Trump is removed from office, Pence would only serve as president for the remainder of Trump's term, though Pence could be elected in Nov. in his own right.

Edited by scoutsadie
Moar
  • Upvote 1

Huh.

It seems she’s going to hold on to them.

• Upvote 8

Trump's most recent tweet was nine hours ago. This quiet won't last long.

Edited by JMarie
spelling
  • I Agree 3

Just now, JMarie said:

Truman's most recent tweet was nine hours ago. This quiet won't last long.

Nope, as soon as his rambling rally ends and reality sets in, his tiny hands will be anxiously grasping for his phone again.

It turns out Pelosi really isn’t going to send the Articles to the Senate. The trial can’t start without managers.

• Upvote 8

I wonder if his babysitters had to hide his phone before the rally.

• Upvote 2

An extremely red-faced Trump had to lash out and attack someone for getting impeached, so he picked on recent widow Debbie Dingell. His horrible rant was so awful even his own public thought he went too far.

Debbie Dingell’s response:

But wait! That wasn’t the first time he attacked a woman last night.

Wanting them to rough up a woman. Says it all, really, doesn’t it? 

• Angry 3
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 3
  • WTF 8

6 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

An extremely red-faced Trump had to lash out and attack someone for getting impeached, so he picked on recent widow Debbie Dingell. His horrible rant was so awful even his own public thought he went too far.

If it gets bad enough, maybe some of his humpers will decide that he's not a monster they want to continue to support.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

45 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

If it gets bad enough, maybe some of his humpers will decide that he's not a monster they want to continue to support.

You would hope so. Not holding my breath, though, if you don't mind.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I really shouldn't post before reading the whole thread. Yay and congratulations from the other side of the Atlantic! :bananna-demon:The other very good news is that Pelosi seems to wait sending the artictles to the Senate. Love it! :56247951a4b60_32(2):

14 hours ago, fraurosena said:

@HerNameIsBuffy, those poor people! I feel for them. How disheartening that must be. Did you happen to make a case for the need to get out and vote when you spoke to them?

Maybe this is the disinformation that explains why many of the "Not above the law" protests were relatively small compared to what is at stake?

11 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

Hey, that punk Devin Nunes, who call records indicate spoke to Guiliani and the OMB's office numerous times this summer, has decided to show his face.

You mean he's finally unmasked the cow?

Edited by Smash!
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

Is this trending on anyone else's social media? #RTMFA  I agree, totally agree.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

@adidas imho the only reason tRump is worse than Pence is the unconditional cult-like support he has from his base. Pence is quite unlikeable and boring, a greyish bigot, no showman at all, he would never be able to command the same number of adoring supporters as tRump does. And this is important because the Republican representatives are kept on the party line by the fear of tRump base's wrath at the primaries. Without this sort of blackmail like mechanism it would be difficult for Pence to demand support from the party for his most whacko ideas, many moderate Republicans would probably refuse.

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

Is this trending on anyone else's social media? #RTMFA  I agree, totally agree.

#RemoveTheMotherFuckerAlready love it!

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Debbie Dingell’s response:

But wait! That wasn’t the first time he attacked a woman last night.

Wanting them to rough up a woman. Says it all, really, doesn’t it? 

See the girl to the left of Trump? Her red sweatshirt says "Keep Trump, Impeach Congress." Which sums up the knowledge of much of Trump's base.  Members of Congress can't be impeached.  I thought they learned that when Trump tweeted that he wanted Romney impeached (senators also cannot be impeached, but nice try).

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 9

(I don't follow Trump's twitter). I think I heard some reporter say yesterday that Trump tweeted that Obama should be impeached. :huh:

@fraurosena: ...imho the only reason tRump is worse than Pence is the unconditional cult-like support he has from his base. Pence is quite unlikeable and boring, a greyish bigot, no showman at all, he would never be able to command the same number of adoring supporters as tRump does.,,

THIS.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic