IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

56 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Did Elizabeth take the photos?

I wondered that after I posted so maybe.

Thank you @Don'tlikekoolaid

I saw this picture from the camp weeks. Might be the same tank in both pictures but Yikes! This new picture really shows her lifestyle cannot be good. Similarly, I say the same thing about Nicole Naugler. Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, if you have bad diet and bad vibes it will show in pictures. 

GS.thumb.jpg.94dce0925be8b88c7a0513134513c81a.jpg

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I saw this picture from the camp weeks. Might be the same tank in both pictures but Yikes! This new picture really shows her lifestyle cannot be good. Similarly, I say the same thing about Nicole Naugler. Doesn't matter if you are rich or poor, if you have bad diet and bad vibes it will show in pictures. 

Yeah, it shows. Gwen looks brittle. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Did Elizabeth take the photos?

I highly doubt it, they have a group of photographers that are assigned events to attend and take pictures. She is not in that group.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, Fashion Forward said:

I highly doubt it, they have a group of photographers that are assigned events to attend and take pictures. She is not in that group.

Thank you.

So if the youth leader is not assigned to take pictures. Where is the youth leader during the youth week long camp? 

And for any current Remnant Fellowship people reading this...  Elisabeth is the youth leader, why isn't she at a long youth event? If I was a member of this organization I would be wondering where the youth leader is at! 

Edit - My questions are more rhetorical and towards the RF members because I doubt any of us will be able to find out for sure were Elisabeth was during a youth event. 

Edited by quiversR4hunting
clarification and I forgot my manners
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thank you.

So if the youth leader is not assigned to take pictures. Where is the youth leader during the youth week long camp? 

And for any current Remnant Fellowship people reading this...  Elisabeth is the youth leader, why isn't she at a long youth event? If I was a member of this organization I would be wondering where the youth leader is at! 

Edit - My questions are more rhetorical and towards the RF members because I doubt any of us will be able to find out for sure were Elisabeth was during a youth event. 

I'm not involved enough to know for sure, but I thought Elizabeth was the youth leader, meaning teens and maybe tweens, as opposed to a children's group leader (which they probably don't normally have because they don't believe in kids church or Sunday school type stuff).

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I just went through Remnant Fellowship Facebook pictures for their day camp. 

Isn't Elisabeth the youth leader? I went through a lot (way too many) pictures and I didn't see her in any of the pictures, even the back ground. Most of the adults in the pictures are off to the side o in the background but you would think after looking at hundreds of pictures Elisabeth would be in at least 1. Gwen was in 3, IIRC. One picture a little boy is showing her a picture and her hair is BIG, like bigger than Texas big, and the kid's face was one of a little fear or "who is this lady". (It is most likely just a quick snap of a kid trying to smile and the timing was off.) The kid's face is probably what I would look like if I ever met Gwen. HA!

It is always possible that pictures showing Elizabeth have been removed. It wouldn't be the first time.  We have mentioned specific pictures before, both of Elizabeth and of Gwen, and they have disappeared later.  Gwen/RF are seriously afraid of the bad reputation they deserve.

• Upvote 8

The youth group meetings when I was a member usually consisted of cramming way too many people into a Brentwood house.  It was always far too many people to ever play games or do anything fun that we actually wanted to do, so instead all we could do was stand around and talk...to the exact same people with whom we were already spending a dozen hours each week.  At a certain point it just became like water cooler talk at work.  Like, no, sorry to bore you, I haven't had any life-changing experiences since I last talked to you less than twenty-four hours ago. About an hour into the meeting, the host would gather us all up and read a bible verse and give a little lesson for 15-20 minutes. The whole point of it was just to prevent all the teenagers from having enough free time to hang out with any friends who weren't Remnant members.

Elizabeth was rarely ever present or involved in these meetings when I was a member, although she may have become more involved after I left. To me, naming Elizabeth as the youth group leader serves a few strategic purposes:

1. Give Elizabeth a job title so Gwen can justify giving her $$$
  2. Give Elizabeth leadership experience (practice manipulation skills on teenagers before trying to manipulate adults), and
  3. the next generation of Remnant members are now used to having Elizabeth as their leader, which will also help Elizabeth transition into being the next Gwen.
Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Remnant Fellowship, which is a cult headed by Gwen Shamblin Lara, reminds me of the TV show "Whispering Pines" -- especially the emphasis on RF The Next Generation finding mates while teenagers and reproducing right away.

• Upvote 5

Gwen must have been working at Wendy's because she missed a day of daily devotionals again. How hard can it be to select a few passages beforehand and time their release?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

kuva.png.08c1ddd7810a18a4fd6706068c322413.png

Despite missing two days the blurb says there is one from yesterday.

Spoiler

Letting Go of the Old Master and Serving the New Master!

June 30, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Once you choose a master as we discussed before, you must then walk away from the old master, let it go, repent.

Peter said to the crowd, “Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.” Acts 2:38

To serve the new Master, you have to leave the other one; to work for McDonald’s, you have to put in your notice and leave Wendy’s.

Today I learned that there are no people who have two or more minimum wage jobs at the same time. Also if you ever worked at Wendy's, you must repent.

Spoiler

This repentance is like someone who wakes up from an affair and says, “I have got to get out of this affair because I cannot please two women. One is going to leave me. I am going to choose my wife before I end up having two women rob me of a marriage, my children, and my finances,” and they get up and they go home to stay… forever.

TBH that sounds like something that somebody said on the fourteenth of Never.

Spoiler

You have to say goodbye forever to that way of living, that selfish love. Overeating or tobacco or alcohol or any vice is no different. You either obey the voice of one or you obey the voice of the other. You cannot please both the food and God.

True because food is an inanimate thing that does not have any expectations for your behavior. No matter what you do, chicken nuggets are never going to tell you you did a good job and they'll love you forever. You can never please a pizza Margherita, that selfish bitch.

Spoiler

And what is more, the passage brings out the point that you will hate the one and love the other. You yourself have to get out of these affairs before you are loving the wrong one. Go home to your wife; go home to God. The wrong slave master will be the death of you. That is why the children of God had to get out of Egypt.

If you work at Wendy's you will die.

And if you have a new boss now, you must hate the old boss. Stands to reason.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

Ummm anyone else see the causal blame on the women not the person having the affair. What the heck Gwen? 

• Upvote 13

For the former RF-ers: 

Was there much gossip/ rumors/ it was true talk regarding RF members having affairs? Did any RF-ers get divorced because of infidelity?

I read here that there were pervasive rumors about Michael --that there may have been some pay-offs to the women (girls?) involved to hush things up. Then there is Gwen's quickie engagement and remarriage after her divorce.

Statistically, in a group the size of RF, there have to have been some affairs happening. 

The corollary question is where or not there were ever any bouncing 8 lb, 7-month preemies.

They may call themselves "saints" but none of them are perfect.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

To serve the new Master, you have to leave the other one; to work for McDonald’s, you have to put in your notice and leave Wendy’s.

Why does Gwen keep using fast food analogies? It's weird. Also, if I left Ronald for Wendy, technically I'd be serving a new Mistress.

The wrong slave master will be the death of you. That is why the children of God had to get out of Egypt.

So my choices are subjugation or death. This isn't a great way to convert people. Personally, there will never be the right "slave master" for me. Nothing that a slave master could offer would be reward enough for me to willingly choose subjection. What's more, it's Gwen herself that followers are submitting to, not god.

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

Ummm...not to be crass here, but that woman looks worse than my 125lb husband w/terminal cancer. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 9
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

kuva.png.08c1ddd7810a18a4fd6706068c322413.png

Despite missing two days the blurb says there is one from yesterday.

Apparently Desert Oasis 2019 at Remnant Fellowship caused Gwen Shamblin Lara to experience an extra dose of brain freeze.

• Haha 2

Hi, all:

Longtime lurker, first-time poster after recently bumping into RF people in and around the middle TN area.

A little background: I dated a high-profile family member of Remnant leadership within the last 5-7 years and spent quite a chunk of time trying to red-pill some of the "lesser" Remnant folks during that time. I've sat poolside with the Angers, ate at the Days, met Gwen Shamblin herself, the Smiths, the Martins, etc.

While I was never a member of the church (thank God - and I mean that), I have spent one-on-one time with some of the youth, leaders, and "lessers" and would be happy to answer any questions about my time in that circle. I sincerely pray that God calls real believers out of that church. There are a lot of good people, sheep really, who are being devoured by the wolves of Remnant's leadership. If it didn't sound so crazy, I have often thought of returning to that church to really ruffle some feathers and call out the false doctrine. 

thanks!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

On 6/29/2019 at 3:10 AM, quiversR4hunting said:

Wow that is a disturbing photo. She looks gaunt. Given her very low body fat percentage I'm surprised she's not wearing more layers, she must get cold very quickly.

• Upvote 5

If she wore lots of layers to cover up the skinny, how would we know that Weigh Down Works?

Today we learn to time how long it takes us to get home from work hungry and convince ourselves that God doesn't want us to have a sandwich and that you don't even want it. You should be able to learn to do it quicker and quicker as the anorexia sets in properly. Do remember to selectively misinterpret the Bible so every verse is about the contents of your fridge. 

Spoiler

How to Fight Temptations

July 01, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Let’s walk through a typical daily battle. More than likely, you are being tempted with food when you come home from work or are home alone. There you are in your house, and there is no one around… so the battle begins. The lies come in…

The first strategic move is to get out of the location of temptation—someplace where you can be alone to gather your thoughts in order to pass this test.

Note the time you begin this battle on your watch.

Immediately identify the lies of satan. Quote the truth versus the lie. Remember, as Jesus was tempted by satan to eat something God had not provided, he answered these temptations with truth, “Man does not live on bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.” Matthew 4:4 The truth is that indulging is not something we deserve to do. Food, drugs, alcohol, and overspending all make us feel worse, not better.

Read strong Scriptures that have moved you in the past. For example: What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? Romans 6:1-3

Get on your knees and pray to God that He provides a way of escape and delivers you from this temptation. Ask Him to fill you up better than that food can. Be specific. Ask Him if He can make you feel better than lust, a binge, tobacco, gossip, shopping, alcohol, etc. God will come in and make you feel better than anything you can imagine.

Fill up your time with finding what the Spirit wants you to do, and then put it into action. Or the Spirit may lead you to write or call a Saint or godly friend to encourage them—or see how you can serve others around you. Make plans on the calendar. Maybe the Spirit will lead you to read more in the Word or maybe the Spirit will lead you to worship of Him.

Use your remaining strength to determine that you are going to do exactly what the God who made you wants you to do—that you are not going to indulge until it is inside God’s boundaries.

The problem with our battles is that we feel so confused and emotional while we are fighting them. But if you follow these steps, you will see that the layers of confusion disappear. You will then start to feel your prayer being answered or the magnetic force of worldly things ending, to the point that you do not even want to eat. You cannot even imagine wanting to eat the food when you are not hungry. God has heard your prayer and has taken the desire for food away, and your heart starts feeling happy! Now, note the time on your watch. You can expect your battles to become less time-consuming as you become more practiced in submitting your will. Write these steps down on your bathroom mirror or on your refrigerator and memorize them for life.

When Satan wanted fasting Jesus to turn stones to bread to prove he was the Son of God Jesus said man doesn't live by bread ALONE.

First, it is extremely unlikely that you will ever be in the same predicament as Jesus , and second, this means you need something else besides bread, not, "eat no bread". 

But sure, food only makes you feel worse. Memorize this.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, wakeuprf said:

Hi, all:

Longtime lurker, first-time poster after recently bumping into RF people in and around the middle TN area.

A little background: I dated a high-profile family member of Remnant leadership within the last 5-7 years and spent quite a chunk of time trying to red-pill some of the "lesser" Remnant folks during that time. I've sat poolside with the Angers, ate at the Days, met Gwen Shamblin herself, the Smiths, the Martins, etc.

While I was never a member of the church (thank God - and I mean that), I have spent one-on-one time with some of the youth, leaders, and "lessers" and would be happy to answer any questions about my time in that circle. I sincerely pray that God calls real believers out of that church. There are a lot of good people, sheep really, who are being devoured by the wolves of Remnant's leadership. If it didn't sound so crazy, I have often thought of returning to that church to really ruffle some feathers and call out the false doctrine. 

thanks!

Welcome!  Would love to know some of your experiences - when you say the Smiths do you mean the ones who are in jail?  I do believe it's sad the people who have been pulled into this but even more sad for those who didn't have a choice like the children.  

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, ajknowsthings said:

Welcome!  Would love to know some of your experiences - when you say the Smiths do you mean the ones who are in jail?  I do believe it's sad the people who have been pulled into this but even more sad for those who didn't have a choice like the children.  

That's what kills me about those we love who are in RF. To know that they chose to follow such a messed up theology is one thing... but to know that as time goes on, they'll have their children grow up in this messed up theology? It makes me so sad... to know that those kids will be taught that people like us are "lesser" because we don't follow Gwen? Devastating.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, wakeuprf said:

There are a lot of good people, sheep really, who are being devoured by the wolves of Remnant's leadership

Wolves devouring sheep is such a powerful image. Thanks for that and for your offer to help with information. Can you tell us about some of the specific damaging things that the leadership of Gwen Shamblin Lara's Remnant Fellowship do to people who join this cult? And have you heard any  of the teachings about men being the primary "decision-makers" in families?

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic