IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin 8: Not Smart Enough to Think

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

for the son, for the daughter, for the eldest child

Is the eldest child accorded some special authority?  And by eldest child, does Gwod mean eldest son?  I just don't picture all this submissiveness happening in the Shamblin/Lara household, but who knows...

If a family's eldest child is a girl, she would have the same authority as she would have if she were a male...which is to say only a tiny amount of authority over her younger siblings in order that she can better enforce her parents' orders and be a more effective unpaid babysitter.  Being a child in the Remnant is ultimately all chores and brainwashing and taking orders with no meaningful benefits, even if you are the eldest.  The male>female thing only applies within marriages, and probably only within marriages that don't involve Gwod.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

for the son, for the daughter, for the eldest child

Is the eldest child accorded some special authority?  And by eldest child, does Gwod mean eldest son?  I just don't picture all this submissiveness happening in the Shamblin/Lara household, but who knows...

Seems like Gwen Shamblin and her Remnant Fellowship cult are sort of copying the whole pecking order thing they have in India. We all know how not great that is.

https://www.news18.com/news/india/the-elephant-in-the-room-every-third-woman-in-india-faces-domestic-violence-1654193.html

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Hi y'all :)  I finally set up a FJ account (after lurking on various subforums for years) because I fell down the rabbit hole that is Gwen Shamblin and the Remnant Fellowship.  I've read the entire backlog of megathreads on her -- rescue ferrets were very nearly called for -- and I'm amazed she has managed to build an entire cultic empire with her simplistic, legalistic, materialistic "theology".  From the words she's written and said, Gwen Shamblin Lara, cult leader of Remnant Fellowship, has absolutely no self-awareness.

• Accept your God-given height?  Okay, sure, as long as teasing my hair 8" past the crown of my head doesn't count, and platform shoes are good!
  • Practice humility?  Right-on!  I'm sure that includes setting myself up as the leader of my own cult, and literally thinking of myself as royalty.
  • Cut out greed?  Oh absolutely!  We'll ignore the part where I'm so fond of my material possessions I've managed to warp the Word of God into a place where it's no longer recognizable, and "greed" is redefined as a "reward".

Those are just off the top of my head.  Lordy, she gives me the headache.

Also, if she uses the word "this" multiple times in multiple paragraphs one more time, I may shriek.

Edited by AtTara
Wording.
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, AtTara said:

• Cut out greed?  Oh absolutely!  We'll ignore the part where I'm so fond of my material possessions I've managed to warp the Word of God into a place where it's no longer recognizable, and "greed" is redefined as a "reward".

That's something that really drives me nuts because they take it both ways. If you're in RF and something bad happens, then it's testing, but if you're NOT in RF and something bad happens then it's punishment for disobedience. She'll talk in sermons about God punishing the world, but if those same things happen within RF then it's just Him testing the Saints. 

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

That's something that really drives me nuts because they take it both ways. If you're in RF and something bad happens, then it's testing, but if you're NOT in RF and something bad happens then it's punishment for disobedience. She'll talk in sermons about God punishing the world, but if those same things happen within RF then it's just Him testing the Saints. 

She twists scripture to match her needs; it's not surprising she twists language as well.

Bless her heart.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, AtTara said:

She twists scripture to match her needs; it's not surprising she twists language as well.

Bless her heart.

Yes she does. It's amazing how she can take a few verses, take them completely out of context, twist them around, and somehow come up with "If you love God enough you'll be skinny..."

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic