IGNORED

JinJer 47: Sparking J-O-Y

Georgiana

22 hours ago, Ms. Brightside said:

I had to stop drinking coffee due to anxiety and an inability to fall asleep. The final straw was when I went three full days without sleeping a wink, crying in bed and throughout the day because I was just so tired but my body wouldn't sleep. That happened twice within a two-week period, and I decided to cut coffee out since I felt like I had tried everything in my control other than an expensive sleep study. It has been 2 years, and I still have a cup intermittently (less than once a month) because I do love it, but it has made an incredible difference in my anxiety and sleep. 

I'm so glad that worked for you! I have only experienced insomnia once in my life. It was a week or so after my hysterectomy. I didn't sleep for a few days straight and it was terrible! I was crying cuz I was so frustrated! I was exhausted but just could not sleep. Fortunately my surgeon prescribed me some sleeping pills and I used them (sparingly...I was afraid of getting addicted) but right after that my body seemed to reset itself & I haven't had any issues since. I feel for anyone who deals with that! It really is terrible!

• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So much travelling! Jeez, when does Jeremy ever actually tend to his flock? Apart from the occasional IG'ed meal? Granted he only has like, nine people in his congregation, but isn't he supposed to be accessible to them for counseling and shit? I don't even approve of what he does for a living but could he at least put in a half-assed effort? Every pastor I've ever known is doing counseling and activities with their congregation damn near every night of the week.

I am watching this weeks episode and I actually like that I have the feeling that we get to see more of the real Jinger and Jeremy when I see them interact with Felicity. For instance when they are managing the 'blow out'.

It makes me find Jeremy even more annoying but it actually shows Jinger as less meek and more sassy. 

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/facebook-rumors-suggest-jinger-and-jeremy-were-going-to-leave-counting-on.html/

So this popped up in my newsfeed. I don't put much stock in it because cheatsheet just repeats baseless rumours and this article is based on facebook rumours from Pickles page. 

It speculates that JinJer were apparently going to leave the show but may have negotiated a separate deal for themselves, perhaps for more money, to stay on, and speculates further whether they will eventually do a spin off. Like I said, this is just internet speculation so who knows. But it is interesting. I would love to know what the deal is and how they get paid, who it goes to etc. If the paycheck does go to one trust still controlled by JB and they did actually manage to break out of that and get their own separate deal it would be interesting to hear the details of that and what the other couples think and if the others would go for that t as well. 

I would rather be a fly on the wall for any negotiations they may have with the network and production company than watch an entire season of the show.

4 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

Every pastor I've ever known is doing counseling and activities with their congregation damn near every night of the week.

Exactly.  We got permission to use our church for a celebration of life one Saturday.  The family didn’t go to our church and my pastor didn’t know them. My pastor didn’t need to show up because he wasn’t leading it, but he showed up anyway to offer moral support.  He happened to be standing around, and he got line of sight tasked to bring the food in.  I saw it happen and laughed because the woman in charge didn’t know who he was, but he did what he was told because that’s where he was needed at that time.

Hey Jeremy, that’s what real pastors do!

2 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

It speculates that JinJer were apparently going to leave the show but may have negotiated a separate deal for themselves, perhaps for more money, to stay on,

Speculating on speculating speculations... IF Jinger/Jeremy had a separate contract might that mean that JB, et al, would collectively get less money on that contract? If so, perhaps JB finagled to start getting his other kids on as a means to keep or get more money on his larger contract. 

At this point I don't care who is on or off, except for JB and Michelle. They are the ones who rankle me the most and I want them off so I can continue watching and snarking. (Yeah, yeah, I want them ALL off.) It's hard to believe anyone (the Duggar family and friends) accepts that fake voice (which now may likely be her real voice) coming from Michelle all the dang time. Does she talk like that at their speaking engagements? On the phone? Can anyone here do a comparison of her baby-talk from the early specials to now? Is it worse... the same?

Unrelated to the current topic of discussion, but... It would be fun if the "Jinger" in the forum header now had trousers on. :giggle:

4 hours ago, finnlassie said:

Unrelated to the current topic of discussion, but... It would be fun if the "Jinger" in the forum header now had trousers on. :giggle:

And a big pony tail. I keep waiting for Jinger to chop off her hair ala Josie B. Ever since she’s had Lissy, it seems the high pony tail is her go to hair do.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, Screamapillar said:

So much travelling! Jeez, when does Jeremy ever actually tend to his flock? 

Allow me to explain - Jeremy, like most fundie men, don't do shit.

Why would J/J get a solo show? What would be the theme or purpose?

Traveling with a baby? How to clean up a blow out? Arrogance 101? Gifting for 3?

On ‎2‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 10:02 AM, libgirl2 said:

I feel this way about assisted suicide. My mom was suffering so badly when she died at 91, on a ventilator and not coming off. I authorized removal of the vent, and she passed right away, so it wasn't suicide. But she should have been able to end her suffering when she wanted to, which may have been before I was ready to let her go. Death is not the worst thing that can happen to a person, unwilling suffering is. She died exactly one year ago today, and I miss her but I'm not sad because I did not want her unremitting pain to continue. Wonderful woman

SilverBeach actually said the above quote, and libgirl2 included it in her response.

@SilverBeach:  I'm sorry for your loss.  I lost my mother just under 2 1/2 years ago and I miss her every day.  Now I have a sister on hospice care and another sister doesn't seem ready to let her go peacefully, keeps trying to feed her, doesn't think morphine is necessary.  I have to bypass her and it's straining our already frayed relationship, but I feel strongly like you - my sister on hospice care is suffering and I see zero benefit to keeping her alive a little bit longer if that means she has to suffer a little bit longer.  After seeing this process, I will not willingly endure it myself.  If I get a diagnosis of dementia or Alzheimer's, I will not stick around for the lengthy, miserable end. 

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Traveling with a baby? How to clean up a blow out? Arrogance 101? Gifting for 3?

For Jeremy, how to perfect a smoldering gaze.

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. They *might* get a special like Famy, but it would get really old very quickly. They’re not interesting enough to carry their own show.

Jeremy is doing his master's degree at the Seminary in LA run by the church group he works with, Grace Church. It's a long distance program but does require a weekend here and there face to face at the Seminary in LA. The other reason he travels seems to be to deliver workshops or speeches at Grace Church conferences. My theory is that Grace Church sees him as one of their rising stars and comps him for his travel, especially to the conferences, which must turn a good profit with all the paying attendees.

They must get guest ministers from the nearby fundamentalist churches or from the San Antonio Grace Church to give a sermon when he is away in Laredo. The Grace Church administration probably approves all this travel on the basis he's learning to be a minister in the image of their founder or is it a draw to paying conference participants because of the show! Jeremy likes to feel important so I'm sure he doesn't really prioritize the needs of his flock above those travel opportunities that grow his brand as a trendy Christian pastor. I'm sure he does all the usual pastor things the other 80% of the time that he's there in Laredo.

20 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And a big pony tail. I keep waiting for Jinger to chop off her hair ala Josie B. Ever since she’s had Lissy, it seems the high pony tail is her go to hair do.

I have to give her the ponytail though. I have a 10 month old and I seem to have forgotten how to do anything other than a messy bun. I do think she would look nice with a shorter, interesting hair cut.

I am wondering if Jinger likes all this travel (seems like she does) if that would limit how quickly they decide to have another? I mean traveling with one kid, especially one that have grown up traveling, is totally a breeze and fun in my experience, adding the second, not so much so. If they do have several and she quits traveling with him, that would be an opportunity for independence for her would it not? Perhaps get her to ask herself why she needs a man. I am not saying she does not love and want to actually be with him, if she does that is fine, but more that it actually becomes her choice if she wants to stay in the relationship and gains a confidence that she can do it on her own. I may be projecting a bit, but my husband travels a lot and since having number two, it has really gave me confidence that I can handle both kids and the house and life on my own. (Disclaimer I am a SAHM and give major props to working moms who do all this. I am not sure I would be so confident then).

I suspect Jeremy is being groomed to for a position at the main Grace Community Church in LA. They can’t very well fire an existing pastor, but it looks like a bunch of the staff pastors are probably nearing retirement (based on photos online). The Laredo church may be a way to keep Jeremy in the fold and establish “street cred” before moving him up the ranks. It’s also a chance for the church to test the reality TV waters - if Jeremy survives a few years of TLC visibility without major controversy, then he’s ready to bring his brand/audience to GCC. (In this case, horrible statements rooted in his religious beliefs aren’t controversial in the eyes of GCC since they all believe the same shit)

Legit almost didn't recognize that baby because nothing was on her head. 

9 hours ago, PainfullyAware said:

I'm sure he does all the usual pastor things the other 80% of the time that he's there in Laredo.

You first have to deduct the time he spends posing for photos, preparing to pose for photos, thinking of how to best look intellectual in the photos, synthesizing the perfect comment to go along with the photos, grooming himself and looking in the mirror. That accounts for probably 3/4 of his waking hours. Then you account for consuming meals, bathing, toilet time and travel planning for upcoming "events" and you're left with a couple of hours a week. So yeah, it seems about right that 80% of that time (about an hour and 40 mins a week) would be spent doing usual pastor things.

On 3/6/2019 at 3:39 PM, CaricatureQualities said:

It speculates that JinJer were apparently going to leave the show but may have negotiated a separate deal for themselves, perhaps for more money, to stay on, and speculates further whether they will eventually do a spin off. Like I said, this is just internet speculation so who knows. But it is interesting.

Might be total speculation, as you said, but if there is truth in the rumors that JB controls the TLC money (whatever the amount, big or small) then, based on what we have seen about Jeremy not exactly being chummy with JB, it would make sense that he wants to have his slice independently. 

I think Jeremy and Jinger having a separate deal is true. It seems like TLC has focused half of each episode on them all season. I think they are the most popular amongst their fans, and it’s that simple.

On 3/8/2019 at 6:58 PM, HarleyQuinn said:

Legit almost didn't recognize that baby because nothing was on her head. 

Right? At first sight I was sooooooo convinced the baby was a boy.....

?

JinJer, Felicity and LA

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Anyone know why is Jeremy spending so much time with these guy? They also spent alot time together in California.

Spoiler

• Georgiana locked this topic

Archived