IGNORED

Alyssa & John 2: Getting By on Their Looks and Fashion Sense

HerNameIsBuffy

Wow! Those carpets is shocking. Alyssa strikes me as a “no food or drink outside of the kitchen table” type, so I’m genuinely surprised her carpets are that bad. It’s not that much to rent a rug cleaner. Or better yet find a used one at goodwill.

• Replies 644
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

And yet she has a cleaning business.

Have you looked at your nail technician's nails? Who wants to clean your own house when you've been cleaning all day on other people's? Actually, for me that sentence stops at "Who wants to clean."

I gotta be honest, if I were Alyssa I would be too embarrassed to show my carpets looking like that on social media. I get that sometimes in rentals carpets are stained, and of course kids cause it too....but carpet cleanings can work magic!  We rented from friends while waiting for our new house to be ready and their carpets looked like wild animals had lived there. They said they had them cleaned but we paid for additional carpet cleaning and it's crazy how much better it was - they almost looked new! 

28 minutes ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Have you looked at your nail technician's nails? Who wants to clean your own house when you've been cleaning all day on other people's? Actually, for me that sentence stops at "Who wants to clean."

I used to feel that way about cleaning cat litter boxes. After cleaning 15 or more litter boxes because I was getting paid to, I'd come home and look at my cats' 2 boxes and think, "Ugh. Not another one. Maybe it can wait one day." I love my cats, so I didn't usually put it off forever :kitty-wink:, but I was less motivated than I am nowadays, when I don't get paid to do that anymore. 

I hadn't noticed the carpet stains until directed to do so... it seems she would take a photo somewhere else in the house. My memory says they bought (are they renting?) the house in a total mess and worked to get it inhabitable. Maybe the master bedroom carpet is one of the last areas on the list to get completed... A friend of mine knew they would be replacing their living room carpeting in 2-3 years and in the meantime let the toddler eat and drink and spill with abandon. Once they replaced it they were definitely more careful. 

The carpet/floor can still be clean even with stains.

19 hours ago, mstee said:

Downvote me, tell me she has 3 kids- I know, I know. But my eyes were drawn to the stains 

Why would anyone downvote you, on a snark board, for saying dirty carpets are dirty?

Because you aren't being caring enough to a fundamentalist who thinks gay people are evil and that wives should obey husbands? I wouldn't worry about downvotes from fangirls.

Concerning the carpet. I really think she is so use to the carpet being dirty she didn't even realize the whole world would notice. It appears she has a decision to make. Put on her make up or clean the carpet stains. I think she would rather put on pretty make up. Who has time to clean the carpet???

6 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I used to feel that way about cleaning cat litter boxes. After cleaning 15 or more litter boxes because I was getting paid to, I'd come home and look at my cats' 2 boxes and think, "Ugh. Not another one. Maybe it can wait one day." I love my cats, so I didn't usually put it off forever :kitty-wink:, but I was less motivated than I am nowadays, when I don't get paid to do that anymore. 

Get the roll away litter box. It will change your life! okay, not really, but it will change your relationship with your cats when you don't have to go digging for their "treasure" every single day as long as ye both shall live.  https://www.amazon.com/Omega-Paw-Self-Cleaning-Litter-Large/dp/B000LVGL1A/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=roll+away+cat+litter+box&qid=1555623748&s=gateway&sr=8-4

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

My memory says they bought (are they renting?) the house in a total mess and worked to get it inhabitable

It was Erin.

I think Alyssa and John live in a Webster family property or are renting. They never showed themselves rebuilding the house.

Alyssa always posts outdoors pictures. I'm not sure if she's proud of her house, except of the girl's bedrooms. 

Conversely to Erin or Whitney, she does not seem good at decorating or just prefers to spend her time with the make up and dressing up the girls. But it's a bit shocking that a person who looks so tidy and perfectionist, records a video of such an unimpressive house.

(I think the house is ok, although overdecorated and a bit dark and messy, but a normal house indeed. But doesn't worth a tour in my opinion, except for snark a little).

6 hours ago, Bobology said:

I hadn't noticed the carpet stains until directed to do so... it seems she would take a photo somewhere else in the house. My memory says they bought (are they renting?) the house in a total mess and worked to get it inhabitable. Maybe the master bedroom carpet is one of the last areas on the list to get completed... A friend of mine knew they would be replacing their living room carpeting in 2-3 years and in the meantime let the toddler eat and drink and spill with abandon. Once they replaced it they were definitely more careful. 

The carpet/floor can still be clean even with stains.

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It was Erin.

I think Alyssa and John live in a Webster family property or are renting. They never showed themselves rebuilding the house.

Alyssa always posts outdoors pictures. I'm not sure if she's proud of her house, except of the girl's bedrooms. 

Conversely to Erin or Whitney, she does not seem good at decorating or just prefers to spend her time with the make up and dressing up the girls. But it's a bit shocking that a person who looks so tidy and perfectionist, records a video of such an unimpressive house.

(I think the house is ok, although overdecorated and a bit dark and messy, but a normal house indeed. But doesn't worth a tour in my opinion, except for snark a little).

Yes, the Websters rent their home. I looked it up through public information a while back. I think it was during a discussion about their finances and possible budget. The owner’s last name isn’t Webster or Bates. I won’t type out anymore information here just because I don’t really feel comfortable doing that. It’s all publicly available and very easy to find, but still. 

John and Alyssa, therefore, may not be allowed to change out the flooring by their rental agreement.

6 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

John and Alyssa, therefore, may not be allowed to change out the flooring by their rental agreement.

I doubt anything is stopping them from cleaning the carpet in the house they are living in.

I also suspect that if they offered to buy new carpet for the landlord, the landlord would probably say yes. Especially if it's the same color.

Once, when we were renting, we decided we didn't like the carpets. We discovered that there were hardwoods underneath. We asked the landlord if we could pull up the carpets and he was like, sure! As long as we did all the work, he didn't mind.

I have a feeling Alyssa and John are just overwhelmed with three small children, and the carpet is the last thing they are thinking about.

Maybe this is a cultural difference, but there’s no way I’d put new carpets in a rental home! The landlord is responsible for that, why would I add value to the property for them?? That said, if the carpets looked like Alyssa’s, I’d require them to be cleaned before I moved in. 

47 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

Maybe this is a cultural difference, but there’s no way I’d put new carpets in a rental home! The landlord is responsible for that, why would I add value to the property for them?? That said, if the carpets looked like Alyssa’s, I’d require them to be cleaned before I moved in. 

Same here. That's why a landlord would probably be delighted (and surprised) if they asked to do so.

1 hour ago, bal maiden said:

Yeah, I've been trying to talk myself out of putting temporary wallpaper up in the bedroom of my rental. When I buy new furniture I can take it with me. Or at least that's how I justify those purchases.  

And let's be real, we'd all be criticizing Alyssa and John's spending and priorities if they spent a couple thousand on carpet for a temporary rental property. 

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Yeah, I've been trying to talk myself out of putting temporary wallpaper up in the bedroom of my rental. When I buy new furniture I can take it with me. Or at least that's how I justify those purchases.  

And let's be real, we'd all be criticizing Alyssa and John's spending and priorities if they spent a couple thousand on carpet for a temporary rental property. 

Temporary wallpaper is a fascinating concept - off to google.

I would absolutely neverrr replace the carpet. But renting or buying a carpet cleane isn’t crazy. Or even get some large but cheap area rugs to cover the worst areas. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived