IGNORED

Movies and TV

nomoxian

What are your favourite TV shows or movies with an atheist or agnostic theme, or where a faith group is shown in an anti-theist way?

Mine has got to be Moral Orel. I like the moments on Young Sheldon that bring up religion too. I watched Impastor for a while, but it started to get not so funny to me, so I stopped.

For movies, I find it hard to find good ones that aren't documentaries, but I like Life of Brian and Orgasmo.

• Upvote 1

I'm not sure if it really fits the category, but I enjoy watching The Atheist Experience on Youtube. It was really helpful for me when I finally decided I was done with Christianity.

• Upvote 3

I think it would be classified as a "vlog"

Have you checked out The Friendly Atheist or Paulogia? Both of those guys are interesting for me to watch as a lifelong questioner of faith, but they are equally as accessible to newtime questioners or current believers.

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, nomoxian said:

I think it would be classified as a "vlog"

Have you checked out The Friendly Atheist or Paulogia? Both of those guys are interesting for me to watch as a lifelong questioner of faith, but they are equally as accessible to newtime questioners or current believers.

I've heard of The Friendly Atheist but I can't recall if I've actually watched(?) anything from them. Never heard of Paulogia. Will definitely check them out! :) 

• 1 month later...

I love the Thinking Atheist with Seth Andrews on You Tube. He was raised fundagelical and had been in Christian radio in his early career. He has a velvet voice. Neil Carter of Godless in Dixie has a great blog. Born and raised fundie Baptist in Mississippi. Became an atheist at close to 40. 

• Upvote 1

• Recent Status Updates

• 47of74

47of74

Had some bad news out of Dubuque today - 3 teenagers were killed in a one car accident where the driver had been speeding and flipped his car. 
      I feel so sorry for their families and friends now.  It also brought back painful memories for me and some of my classmates because my junior year of high school three of our classmates were killed in an accident as well.   One I had known since elementary school.
      · 0 replies
    • moodygirl86

moodygirl86

Hey FJers, long time. Sorry I've not posted in like forever - life just sometimes gets in the way.
      During the lockdown, I did various temporary jobs (shelf stacking in Wilko, and also working from home doing call centre type stuff, including Test and Trace) but hope to go busking soon. I need to practise my set as my guitar/singing has got a bit rusty!
      Since I last posted, I have become a cat mum! My housemate with Lilith had to move abroad and wasn't able to take her with him, so I inherited her. She'll be two in August but still looks and acts like a kitten. I love her more than life itself.

· 4 replies
    • VooDooChild

VooDooChild

The colonoscopy prep drink is absolutely disgusting. 
      · 6 replies
    • SillyDillys

SillyDillys

Sooo. I turned down the new job, realized I've been scammed.

Also today I'm 26 and drunk right now. My amazing husband took me to Chicago to a rooftop bar and I'm so glad my mom is here to babysit and I pumped enough to last her a few days
      · 3 replies
    • 47of74

47of74

Yeah looking at you Twin Cities drivers...

· 0 replies
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

My former JW stepdaughter has just come out as pro-choice!!!
      · 1 reply
    • petrushka

petrushka

With the fall of Roe v. Wade, now would be a great time to start taxing religious institutions so we can increase funding for women's and children's health and education services.  Males 18-25 still have to register for Selective Service; how about adding a DNA database to that requirement to help track down impregnators and hold them responsible for their part?

· 1 reply
    • feministxtian

feministxtian

I am so angry over the SCOTUS decision. It seems like The Handmaid's Tale is being used as a guidebook. Fortunately, CO is a little more progressive (Lauren Bobert not withstanding). I'm just so pissed off that the fundies are trying to do this under the guise of "christianity". This is NOT Christianity, it is a shameless power grab. Those idiots forget all the NT stuff about "Get away from me I never knew you" and "even the elect will be deceived". 
      · 1 reply
    • Bluebirdbluebell

Bluebirdbluebell

Friendly reminder for the US:
      Delete your period-tracking apps.
      · 7 replies
    • Scrabblemaster

Scrabblemaster

Last year I asked here if anybody has some experience with Postcrossing. I registered last year and now I want to share with you that in the last 10 months I had so many good and interesting "conversations" with absolute strangers all over the world. When I write a card I try to tell something from my day or something that I and the other person have in common (based on their profile) and when the other person registers the card when they received it, they can write a short message. And so often they tell me something similar about their day or why they agree or disagree with me on the topic I wrote. I admit that I put many thoughts into which card, stickers and stamps I choose, and I must admit that I now have a huge postcard-sticker-stamp collection. It makes so much fun and the world seems to become closer together. It is a nice hobby that I personally like very much. 
      · 1 reply
  • Recent Blog Entries

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.