IGNORED

Pat Robertson: God let kid die so he wouldn't become an atheist

47of74

12 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

I believe in reincarnation, and I want Pat Robertson to come back as slime mold. Or a cockroach

Slime molds are way too cool for that guy.

In a study released last week, computer scientist Selim Akl of Queens University demonstrated that slime mold is fantastically efficient at finding the quickest route to food. When he placed rolled oats over the country’s population centers and a slime mold culture over Toronto, the organism grew its way across the Canadian map, sprouting tentacles that mimicked the Canadian highway system.

(source)

Anyway, the thing is, this line of thinking does make sense if you believe that children go to Heaven while adult non-Christians go to Hell, but it leads to some disturbing conclusions, like the idea that children are better off dying young. Or according to that logic wouldn't fetuses be better off aborted than born into a non-Christian family?

1 hour ago, Rachel333 said:

Or according to that logic wouldn't fetuses be better off aborted than born into a non-Christian family?

Not if they need to be baptized first. 

27 minutes ago, hisboyelroy said:

Not if they need to be baptized first. 

In a lot of Christian denominations babies don't have to be baptized to go to Heaven. I doubt Pat Robertson believes in infant baptism.

7 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

In a lot of Christian denominations babies don't have to be baptized to go to Heaven. I doubt Pat Robertson believes in infant baptism.

Ah, well there you go! What's their problem then?

Archived