IGNORED

Missing 3 Year Old in Texas

AuntKrazy

A 3 year old mentally disabled girl went missing this weekend in Texas.  She was being punished for not drinking milk at 3am by having to stand outside, across an alley from her home, and left there alone.  It is an area coyotes have been reported as being in; and the father speculated that maybe they had something to do with it, when she was gone after he went out to get her after 15 minutes.  She was not reported missing until 5 full hours later!!!  (and the church - probably a fundy one - has been out looking for her).

I'm sick about this.

Who leaves a mentally disabled 3 year old  outside in the dark in an urban area where coyotes have been seen?  Who sends a mentally disabled 3 year old outside in the dark at 3am?

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/missing-person/2017/10/07/amber-alert-issued-3-year-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And there was some miscommunication in the beginning as to when she disappeared and when. Good grief, if your child is missing it is in your best interest to tell the truth.

And who sends your child outside at 3am?

What a horrible story. How on earth were these parents allowed to adopt? And what does terrifying a child accomplish in terms of punishment? And forcing a child to eat is only going to add to any food issues she may have from her time in the orphanage.

The only good news is, it is very unlikely she was attacked by coyotes. The bad news is, that means she wandered off or someone took her. I don't understand what these idiot parents were thinking.

I could be very wrong, of course, but my Spidy sense is tingling. Because literally no one would send a three-year-old into an alley alone, especially at 3 am. I just don’t think that is what happened. Unfortunately for this poor child.

^ This. I don't want to think about what they actually did, though. *shudder*

Wow. Some people don't deserve to be parents, adoptive or otherwise. :angry-teeth:

And it sounds like there are fields either close by or relatively close by so could be a rural/urban or suburban interface.  

Fundies.  Adopted child.  Bizarre discipline over food issues.  Inexplicable delay in notifying police.  Family known to CPS.   This situation is ticking so many boxes.  

Three-year-old kids can cover a lot of ground in a short period of time.  So hoping this child will be found alive, hiding in the woods.  

Here's the church: http://communitybible.org/

I hope she is found alive but I suspect she is dead.  And that her "father" had a lot to do with it.  At least the 4 year old has been removed from the home.  It is not clear whether both children were adopted.  

Poor baby. 

This is probably yet another one for Pound Pup Legacy. http://poundpuplegacy.org/

She's been gone too long.  This is unbearably sad.  But how would the dad come up with this incredibly bizarre story that she had to stand under a tree across an alley   over 100 ft from the house at 3 am? Had they done it before for punishment? This is an utterly sadistic way to treat any child and especially a 3-year-old developmentally disabled child.  

I read a dallasnews.com story updated about 10 hours ago and noted a few things: 

Mathews told police he put Sherin outside and told her to stand next to a large tree about 3 a.m. Saturday, an arrest-warrant affidavit said. The tree was behind a fence, about 100 feet south of the family's home and across an alley...

...Mathews told police he checked on Sherin about 3:15 a.m. and she was gone, the affidavit said. 

After looking around for her, he said he then went inside to do laundry and wait for her to return on her own, according to KXAS-TV (NBC5).

Police reportedly weren't alerted to her disappearance until hours later. 

So he put a small child outside in the middle of the night OUTSIDE THEIR YARD, not visible from the house, and leaves her there. 

She's gone when he checks so he goes inside TO DO LAUNDRY thinking she'll come back on her own.  This is a child that's barely verbal.  If that's the cover story, I can't imagine the reality. 

Shit, I've watched way, WAY too many true crime shows.  Doing laundry is a big red flag as a way to wash away evidence. 

They cancelled the amber alert after 2 days. Something is not right with Dad and his story. I too don't think she is alive. I think child protective services had been previously called on the family. 

4 minutes ago, Penny said:

I think child protective services had been previously called on the family. 

Yes, they are known to CPS, but privacy laws prohibit releasing details. 

@Palimpsest The church is reported in the Dallas Morning News as Emmanuel Bible Chapel in Irving, Texas - I don't think the link you have posted is the same one.  I can't find a website for the one in Irving. 

Ok. Watching Dallas News. Just now a criminal defense lawyer pulled up to the house and went in. He did laundry and waited until the sun came up before resuming looking for her. A neighbor is saying the police went through the neighbor's security camera video. Police have had dogs out searching for her scent. This just makes me sick about this poor girl.

8 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I don't think the link you have posted is the same one. 

Oops.  Thanks for the correction.

My guess is dad beat her for not drinking her milk, it resulted in her death, and he hid her body and cleaned up the crime scene before his wife woke up and they called the police. I'm just basing this on so many other cases where a special needs adopted child ends up disappearing or dying. 

WAIT. I've read multiple stories on this since it came out and this is the first I've heard of them being fundies OR her being adopted. Why isn't that a major point in the news?? 

7 hours ago, SusanDelgado said:

WAIT. I've read multiple stories on this since it came out and this is the first I've heard of them being fundies OR her being adopted. Why isn't that a major point in the news?? 

I don't know why, but I've seen this with news stories in my area over the years. Sometimes, an early story might mention that the person in the story is a white supremacist or a member of a cult, but then any subsequent stories omit any mention of that. I've wondered if it's to protect the media outlet(s) from possible lawsuits or from accusations of bias. 

8 hours ago, SusanDelgado said:

The stories I've read all reference her being adopted from India two years ago, names their church, quotes church members in reference to the family, and mentions church members helping in the search.  And as @JermajestyDuggar notes, we're sensitized to this and reading between the lines from the items in the MSM.  Being an fj reader and learning about a pattern of abuse of adopted children among fundies has been an eye-opener. 

The article I link to below mentions her adoption, and references her as a special-needs child with limited verbal skills.  The articles I'm reading are from "local" news sources in the Dallas-Ft. Worth metroplex. 

The FBI is now involved and processed the house last night.  The pictures with this article show that this is a relatively upscale neighborhood in a suburban development. 

FBI Evidence Team Processes Home of Missing 3-Year-Old Girl

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Richardson-3-Year-Old-Special-Needs-Girl-Missing-for-Nearly-48-Hours-450019193.html

The FBI Evidence Response team arrived at about 7 p.m., shortly after Richardson police knocked on the door with a search warrant. The team could be seen combing for clues in the front and back yards.

Richardson police would not elaborate on what prompted the search only saying it is where the "natural progression of the investigation" led them.

My heart is breaking for this child. 

ETA: Can any of you comment on the significance of the FBI coming in at this early stage in the investigation? 

26 minutes ago, Howl said:

Richardson police would not elaborate on what prompted the search only saying it is where the "natural progression of the investigation" led them.

This tells me that Dad could be involved in her disappearance. Police took their cars earlier in the week. 

Wow, so their best excuse for their missing child is that they left her alone in a dark alley where she might get eaten by coyotes? Fuck them, they had to have done something horrible to the poor baby. :cry:

@Howl I have no idea about the FBI - I live in the DFW area and they cancelled the Amber Alert relatively early - and I'm purely speculating here, but I wonder if they had to involve the FBI in order to both issue it and cancel it? 

Archived