IGNORED

Boyer Sisters Pt 5: Balancing Body Humors with YL Oils

laPapessaGiovanna

1 minute ago, refugee said:

Was this the church in the Pacific NW that they attended for some years when the girls were younger? Or was it after they moved to the Midwest? Just trying to get the timeline straight in my head. My memory gets muddled.

(if it was that church, you’re right, it had a mix of fundies and fundie-lites way back, but there were disquieting elements even back then. Doug Wilson seminars, for example, where he taught his version of the Civil War. And “Keepers at Home” because the Brownies and Girl Scouts wanted to turn daughters into liberal feminists. There were VF fanatics even back then, too, but they didn’t hijack the church until some years after the Boyers left.)

PNW church (though we also saw them many years later after they had moved on). Have they discussed it on their blog?

Ay caramba, I remember when Vision Forum crept into that church. The way things happened was messed up. 

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel bad for Jessica and Charlotte, they seem to be trying absolutely everything to find out who they are outside of Brigid. Perhaps some inner reflection and less falling for schemes? Truly, they need to find something that they love. They both seem so miserable. 

1 hour ago, Carm_88 said:

I feel bad for Jessica and Charlotte, they seem to be trying absolutely everything to find out who they are outside of Brigid. Perhaps some inner reflection and less falling for schemes? Truly, they need to find something that they love. They both seem so miserable. 

I also think their parents need to be seriously yelled at. They make me so angry. Two beautiful, intelligent, and talented girls, and they're destined to live narrow, stunted lives, never realizing their full potential, and one with serious depression and anxiety. Their parents should be ashamed of themselves. 

2 hours ago, Sobeknofret said:

I also think their parents need to be seriously yelled at. They make me so angry. Two beautiful, intelligent, and talented girls, and they're destined to live narrow, stunted lives, never realizing their full potential, and one with serious depression and anxiety. Their parents should be ashamed of themselves. 

ITA.  How long has Brigid been married now?   There's something really wrong that not just one, but both of them seem to be  limping along in the wake of their sister's marriage.    It's just an extreme and unhealthy response.   These young women are in what are, for many people, the most vital years of their lives and this is how they are spending those years.  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived