IGNORED

Adoptive "Mothers" 3: Women Who Don't Deserve Mother's Day

FundieFarmer

Just now, Quiver Full of Kittens said:

@Maggie Mae, unfortunately, that was nearly four years ago in January of ‘15. Who the hell knows what’s transpired since then. 

Well, at some point the Firefighter left her as well. She posted about homeschooling Apple a year ago. She's really hard to find information about - I've got her address, but California is better about privacy than other states. I can't find her relatives (and she doesn't seem to really have any). She has no friends. If there were a carbon monoxide leak, how long before anyone would notice this family missing? Do her girls know about 911 if Kimi gets hurt? Or something worse happens? She has a decent home in Fresno, but it seems like she had more support in Alameda. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

If that was what life was like when things were "better", I dread to think what it's like now.

I am assuming life is worse now, since the fireman is gone.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh dear. She has 4 children, the fireman is gone, the blog is private and only fifteen Facebook friends?! This is not good at all. I thought at least she was active in her church or had some likeminded adoptive-mother friends. NOW I am worried.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

• 4 months later...

Jean from There's no Place Like Home is posting again after a couple of years. It seems that the company her husband had been working for out in Colorado (in fact I think he founded it with another guy) went through major upheaval. I don't know how to read all the court documents but it seems clear that he and someone else were booted out and that was why Jean posted about cost-saving measures a few times.

Well in her latest blog post she has a picture of a new little girl, bringing the grand total up to 22 kids when you combine biological and adopted. I would love to know how they are surviving financially.

• Thank You 1

I just tried to post about this too, but in the wrong place ?‍♀️.

This happened the last time she adopted too, (or was it the one before last?). There was just suddenly an "extra" kid in her photos.

This has to be another "rehomed" child, doesn't it? Surely they haven't actually been back to China. It'll be interesting to see how she presents the situation. Last time she had a post where she was thrilled to have been able to add to her collection. She wrote as if they had taken in a puppy, then revised it several times, presumably in response to the backlash.

On 12/25/2018 at 5:16 AM, Maggie Mae said:

I'm worried. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20181224-101435_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3adaa0ed769d9da8f5dd059c455945f0.jpg

Would her eldest be over 18 now? Cause she said she'd kick them out if they don't cooperate.

I doubt she prepared those kids for the world. Would they get help from the government?

• Upvote 2

I think the two oldest must be over 18 now. That screenshot from four years ago is shocking, I don't remember seeing it before. She absolutely despises those children, except for Apple who was always her favourite. She will be 7 now; I wonder if she too has fallen out of favour. It is really worrying and I do wonder what has happened in that house in the last four years. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, helenprev said:

I She absolutely despises those children, except for Apple who was always her favourite. She will be 7 now; I wonder if she too has fallen out of favour. It is really worrying and I do wonder what has happened in that house in the last four years. 

I think she did like JieJie before she got the others. And JieJie seemed reasonably happy at the time. I think Kim might have done o.k. if she had stopped at one child. But the way she wrote about and treated Blossom and Sissi were very worrying indeed. Plus there was probably worse stuff going on than waht she admitted to on the blog. And then she threw three or four rescue dogs in there as well.... crazy stuff!

• Upvote 5

I sometimes wonder if CPS got involved. She clearly abused the two older girls. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Aren't firefighters mandated reporters? I wonder if that's what happened with firefighter boyfriend. 

• Upvote 5

• 7 months later...

There's a hidden post on "the firefighter"'s facebook page with replys that say "congratulations." ... This is such a weird hobby of mine.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2019 at 11:51 AM, helenprev said:

I think the two oldest must be over 18 now. That screenshot from four years ago is shocking, I don't remember seeing it before. She absolutely despises those children, except for Apple who was always her favourite. She will be 7 now; I wonder if she too has fallen out of favour. It is really worrying and I do wonder what has happened in that house in the last four years. 

I am genuinely terrified for those girls. 

• I Agree 1

I went back down the "find Kimi and her kids" rabbit hole again. I wish I hadn't.  It's so weird. I can google her "firefighter"'s name and within a minute I have his hobbies, interest, address, daughters name, son in law's name, ex-wife's name, new girl friend/wife's name, date of retirement, position in the fire department. His life is so open. Kimi's is not. 

I can't get anything on Kimi. Her property records are hidden. Her life is hidden. She has 17 friends on facebook and her last post is 2015. It's weird and creepy and kind of bizarre. If you have kids, shouldn't you want to show them off? Share them with relatives? She doesn't seem to have relatives. Or friends. 

I should just become a PI. this is the kind of thing that is actually interesting to me. I hope everything is OK with her now adult children and her still minor children. 

• Thank You 4
  • Love 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/22/2020 at 10:20 PM, Maggie Mae said:

I went back down the "find Kimi and her kids" rabbit hole again. I wish I hadn't.  It's so weird. I can google her "firefighter"'s name and within a minute I have his hobbies, interest, address, daughters name, son in law's name, ex-wife's name, new girl friend/wife's name, date of retirement, position in the fire department. His life is so open. Kimi's is not. 

I can't get anything on Kimi. Her property records are hidden. Her life is hidden. She has 17 friends on facebook and her last post is 2015. It's weird and creepy and kind of bizarre. If you have kids, shouldn't you want to show them off? Share them with relatives? She doesn't seem to have relatives. Or friends. 

I should just become a PI. this is the kind of thing that is actually interesting to me. I hope everything is OK with her now adult children and her still minor children. 

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! I've done this a few times since she's gone quiet and then deleted her presence entirely. It's especially odd for Kimi given how much she used to share. It was especially unnerving to see the kinds of things she thought were perfectly acceptable to share publicly, which suggests things were much worse in private.

IRC, there was talk of whether or not it was necessary to contact adult social services for her state, which I'm not sure actually happened or not. If it did, that might have been enough push for her to go dark even if nothing came of it.

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...

I hope Avery is ok too. She kept getting rehomed and returned to her abuser. She was not wanted by the women who initially adopted her. She did it with the intention of rehomeing her after they were in the states. 

• Upvote 1

• 11 months later...

Update on Jean and family: if any of you remember Jean and "There's No Place like Home" she has an interesting post up about RAD and how it showed up in her older daughter as she approached adulthood. I'm guessing she's talking about Sarah. I find it very interesting how Jean complained all the time about Mia when it seems like Sarah was the problem all along (in her eyes). 

Sarah is very young to have distance with her family. I can't really imagine what she possibly could have done to put her family in danger. This reminds me so much of Laurel (Mama D) and the way she exiled her youngest adoptive daughter, Rachel, to a boarding school, never to be heard of again.

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, jegfile said:

Update on Jean and family: if any of you remember Jean and "There's No Place like Home" she has an interesting post up about RAD and how it showed up in her older daughter as she approached adulthood. I'm guessing she's talking about Sarah. I find it very interesting how Jean complained all the time about Mia when it seems like Sarah was the problem all along (in her eyes). 

Sarah is very young to have distance with her family. I can't really imagine what she possibly could have done to put her family in danger. This reminds me so much of Laurel (Mama D) and the way she exiled her youngest adoptive daughter, Rachel, to a boarding school, never to be heard of again.

Completely speculative but something like calling CPS with a false accusation could put her family in danger without any sort of violent behavior on her part.  

7 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Completely speculative but something like calling CPS with a false accusation could put her family in danger without any sort of violent behavior on her part.  

post from October talks about that exact scenario, again written by a different person.

Assuming they are dealing with RAD (or adult attachment disorder) and it became obvious in adulthood - at that point I have to wonder what was missed in childhood. 

• 7 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 7:12 PM, jegfile said:

Sarah is gone from their side pictures of kids. (never mind, she’s in a combined picture) I have a hard time believing that’s really how this went down. I’m sure she’ll be blaming RAD as more kids age out and start telling family tales…

Edited by iheartchacos
Added more info