IGNORED

Fundie blogger and family die

Rachel333

I don't know if we ever talked about her, but Mandy Kelly, the woman who ran the blog http://worshipfulliving.com/, recently died in a house fire, along with her husband and two of her four children. I found out about it through this post on radicalfemininity.

It's very sad, tragic news, and I feel horrible for the two children left behind.

That is devastating. I hope the surviving kids get good and professional therapy and have people in their lives that love and support them!

Omg her two older children survived! My heart goes out to those kids. I really hope they have a supportive extended family for those children to lean on. 

Never heard of this woman but so horrible. Dying in a fire is one of the worst things I can imagine happening to someone not in a war zone. I hope the kids that survive will get the support they need from professionals and people they know and love. 

What a tragedy and so devastating for the surviving children. I too hope that they have family available.

From this report it looks just horrific.

To make it even more devastating for the two older children, Mandy was their step mother.  They had already lost their own mother at a young age.  I can't even fathom the heartbreak of having lost three parents, and two siblings, in their young lives. 

Never heard of her but that is horrendous. 

That poor family. Those poor, surviving kids. 

Tragic all around. 

I did not know this lady personally, but we had several mutual acquaintances.  This is so sad, and I know a lot of folks are just devastated about it.  Apparently the surviving children were quite close with their stepmother, and I can't imagine what they must be going through to have lost parents, stepmother, and siblings like that.  From what friends of mine have posted, it sounds like they have some surviving grandparents (including a grandmother who lived with them before the fire), and there are surviving aunts, uncles, cousins, etc... 

How terrible. I saw a news article about this tragedy the other day. I hope the poor children that survived are being comforted and supported as much as possible. 

Wow, this is just awful. :( That poor family. Those poor kids.

I hope they receive help and love from their extended family, friends and hopefully a therapist. No one should go through this, let alone a children. RIP.

Tragic news, especially for the surviving kids, for them to lose their mother young and then to lose their father, step mother and siblings in a fire must be heartbreaking for them. I hope they get all the love and support they need.

This is a terrible story. 

According to the autopsy report the family members died from carbon monoxide poisoning due to the fire, although the cause of the fire is not yet known.  

http://wach.com/news/local/lex-co-coroner-releases-cause-of-death-of-four-family-members-killed-in-house-fire

So make sure you have carbon monoxide detectors and smoke detectors and regularly check to see whether they are working properly. 

Archived