IGNORED

Captain Bret Alan Smith Part 4: Now with Bad Poetry!

Destiny

On 3/27/2017 at 8:47 PM, JesusCampSongs said:

I suspect that it means that he is not only maintaining his innocence in the face of some pretty damning evidence, he's doing everything he can to avoid facing the legal and spiritual consequences of his actions. 

If he were genuinely repentant, I think that they would feel obligated to forgive him, as fundies tend to see forgiveness as being mandatory. I don't know what forgiveness would mean within the context of this situation, though. We see a lot of fundie enabling of child molesters and other sexual predators on this forum, but the Mortons have (thus far) behaved very differently from, say, the Duggars. So, while they may forgive him and his family because they have to, that doesn't necessarily mean they'll return to former close relationships or allow Alan back in once he is released.

If he is released. I don't know what Georgia's statutes are for crimes like these, but where I live (NC), that combination of charges could easily land someone in prison for life, especially if the sentences were served sequentially and not concurrently. I once worked with a family where the father had raped two of the children, and he got forty-something years as a plea deal (given his age, he'll probably die in prison). Alan is probably going to be in prison until well after his youngest child turns eighteen (especially if he is foolish enough to demand a trial instead of taking a plea deal), and his terms of release/parole/probation will likely specify that he is not allowed to be around minor children. Any violation of that would send him back to jail and the family into one hell of a smackdown with CPS. 

I don't think those south Georgia redneck Morton boys are going to forgive someone who raped a child relative of theirs. I don't care how fundified they are. Remember too, these are VF'ers who sucked on the teat of a fake sense of chivalry and men's role of protector. The Mortons may "forgive" but they won't forget.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I don't think those south Georgia redneck Morton boys are going to forgive someone who raped a child relative of theirs. I don't care how fundified they are. Remember too, these are VF'ers who sucked on the teat of a fake sense of chivalry and men's role of protector. The Mortons may "forgive" but they won't forget.

Very true. I'm from the rural south, and we're well into "I've got a gun and a shovel" territory with this one. Same with the "that sonofabitch needed killin'" defense as a legal strategy. I think it was in Texas where a guy caught someone in the act of sexually assaulting his daughter, beat him to death, and didn't face charges. Similar things have happened where I live. 

It's interesting watching all of this shake out. 

12 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

John Morton replied again on Brets post:

IMG_1874.PNG

Oh he turned himself in, that will make the victims feel so much better. 

I don't think those south Georgia redneck Morton boys are going to forgive someone who raped a child relative of theirs. I don't care how fundified they are.

They won't. Alan is better off in jail. If he wasn't, he would have been on the receiving end of Redneck Justice.

28 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

They won't. Alan is better off in jail. If he wasn't, he would have been on the receiving end of Redneck Justice.

Katie has like 8 brothers right? Yeah, he really is safer in jail. But in prison as a convicted child sex offender, he may not be too safe. But I'm sure The Cap will let us know if Alan is ever beaten up in prison. 

I hope the sick fuck is on the receiving end of that kind of justice.

Is this sick woman named Kathy Hester Johnson really saying that the "victim(s)" need to repent to God for being raped and molested by Bret Alan Smith, child rapist?!? Somebody please tell me I am reading this wrong!

And I realize that this is exactly kind of sick shit these sick bastards believe in, I've just never heard it said so boldly in a real case (rather than in theory). I am sick to my stomach.

4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Is this sick woman named Kathy Hester Johnson really saying that the "victim(s)" need to repent to God for being raped and molested by Bret Alan Smith, child rapist?!? Somebody please tell me I am reading this wrong!

Nope that looks like what she might be getting at. Luckily someone's challenged her asking if that's what she means. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether she gets a response

5 hours ago, JillyO said:

And I realize that this is exactly kind of sick shit these sick bastards believe in, I've just never heard it said so boldly in a real case (rather than in theory). I am sick to my stomach.

I don't understand what she's trying to say. Old fundies seem to make little sense on fb. What I can tell is she's on Alan's side for some fucked up reason. And it wouldn't surprise me if they did not believe the child in order to defend Alan. Otherwise it's pretty difficult to defend a child molester. 

What is the Captain's newest post about. I know people unjustly incarcerated but he's not saying that Alan is a part of this right? Oh who am I kidding? [emoji35]

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

Horribly, that's what I thought at first too, but I think she means that he repented to the law, but she doesn't know if he has repented to God or his victims. 

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Repenting to the law to me would mean pleading guilty...

To me, as well. 

What I want to know is  if Alan actually turned himself in and why?  I have a hard time believing he suddenly realized after 3 yrs that sexually abusing a child is wrong.  So either they are peddling some bogus story to their friends/family or, just as likely, he was caught and admitted it under duress.  And that he was then convinced to turn himself in when they called the police.  No matter what, the fact that no one is doubting what he did  only whether we should judge him is horrific.  "He who has not sinned may cast the first stone" only relates to shit like lying and even adultery to some degree.  He wasn't caught in a Joshly sex scandal (I'm talking Ashley Madison only) where you can say that they were two consenting adults and that he's a slime but if they decide to forgive him whatever.  This is sexually abusing a child or children over 3 yrs.  WTF.  There's no forgiveness there.  He can rot in jail.  

3 hours ago, FrumperedCat said:

Nope that looks like what she might be getting at. Luckily someone's challenged her asking if that's what she means. I guess we'll have to wait and see whether she gets a response

My guess is that, unlike Toby Willis who made a run for it, Alan surrendered or turned himself in to LE when he found out that there was a warrant out for his arrest.  That's what this dumbfuck means by "repenting to the law." Time will tell.

If Alan had made a guilty plea we should have heard about it by now.  It seems a long time with no court action at all, especially as he is being held without bail.

I'm surprised that there haven't been any follow-ups by the local press.  There were other possible charges pending in another jurisdiction and that may explain the delay.

ha i like this deanna commenter - she came back to clarify that repentance doesn't mean you should be free from consequences.  you go, girl. 

Interesting that Captain Bret hasn't commented on the comments. It might be he doesn't get FB and hasn't noticed people have commented.

My guess is that, unlike Toby Willis who made a run for it, Alan surrendered or turned himself in to LE when he found out that there was a warrant out for his arrest.  That's what this dumbfuck means by "repenting to the law."

That's exactly what I think happened. For whatever reason, he decided to turn himself in rather than being arrested at home.

Interesting that Captain Bret hasn't commented on the comments. It might be he doesn't get FB and hasn't noticed people have commented.

If he has just one brain cell, he should use it to restrain himself. Actually, they should keep this bullshit off social media.

Poor Kathy Hester Johnson erased her comments. I  think she was completely blindsided, and slowly tried to back out of the conversation. Sadly, her name was tagged twice. Inher defense I don't think she was implying that the victims need to repent. Bless her, I hope she recovers from her shock. It's really fucking disappointing when someone you look up to and admire turns out to be a pedophile, or protects one.

Bret Alan Smith is a vile, vile, Pedophile!

If you look at the post Bret made sharing the psalm written by Alan, John comments that "Titus 1 15-16 is what Alan has become."

A quick google says that it's "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."

Go John. Nicely done. It appears that the Morton's are not backing down. Good. I hope all of the children continue to be protected from this. 

Brenda Smith Orlans who keeps commenting on Bret's posts is clearly in denial about Alan's guilt. For some reason I'm always so shocked and disgusted when it's a woman, a Mother, who denies abuse against children. It sickens me.

What a powerful quote John chose. I must admit I'm still surprised that the Mortons really stand their ground and gather around Katie and her kids. In other fundie families there might have a lot accusations towards Katie and ultimately giving her the fault.

12 hours ago, Mudgie said:

If you look at the post Bret made sharing the psalm written by Alan, John comments that "Titus 1 15-16 is what Alan has become."

A quick google says that it's "To the pure, all things are pure, but to those who are corrupted and do not believe, nothing is pure. In fact, both their minds and consciences are corrupted. 16 They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him. They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good."

:5624795ddab2a_32(34):Damn! That is quite the biblical slap in the face. Provided this reflects the majority opinion and they aren't also blaming Katie (and it seems that they aren't) then this is quite a refreshing change from the usual response we see in these situations. 

28 minutes ago, BabyBottlePop said:

Today is Katie's birthday. There are some Instagram posts.

What's here handle? There are a lot of Katie Smiths.

• DaisyD locked this topic

Archived