IGNORED

Alternative Facts with Kellyanne Conway

iweartanktops

Conway also tweeted that he is STILL a strong Trump supporter leg humper; just wanted to get those tweets out there to let Lord Dampnut know he's not helping his own cause.  

I don't know when that precise type information has ever helped; Trump doesn't listen to anybody and steps on his own dick constantly.  Never forget this brilliant tweet! 

Screenshot 2017-05-21 at 12.50.54 PM.png

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Well the George thing is an interesting turn of events. It's got to be  Game Of Thrones level there now. And it's only Monday. Wheeee!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, GrumpyGran said:

Well the George thing is an interesting turn of events. It's got to be  Game Of Thrones level there now.

Game of Thrones + Lord of the Flies =  Trump administration Shit-nado Dumpster Fire

And it's only Monday. Wheeee!

I know, right?  And Comey on Thursday!  Anything could happen between now and then.  Literally, anything. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I know, right?  And Comey on Thursday!  Anything could happen between now and then.  Literally, anything. 

Thursday at 5:32 am he will tweet "Crooked Hillary is a gkuolqb". Followed up with. "Such a gkuolqb. SAD. 

All the major news outlets will be falling over themselves over what gkuolqb means. Kelly Anne Contwit will say people should know in Trump's heart he really meant uxkpbz.

Meanwhile Comey's testimony goes unnoticed.

• Upvote 10

"Kellyanne Conway had a lousy Monday. Sean Spicer’s wasn’t much better."

Spoiler

If the White House is trying to embarrass Kellyanne Conway and Sean Spicer, it is doing a terrific job.

In a media briefing Monday, deputy White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders first made Conway appear out of the loop and then contradicted the counselor to the president. Later in the session, Sanders did little to counter the appearance that Spicer, the White House press secretary, is being marginalized.

About six hours before the briefing, Conway appeared on the “Today” show and was unable to answer questions about whether President Trump will invoke his executive privilege to stop former FBI director James B. Comey from testifying Thursday before the Senate Intelligence Committee.

“The president will make that final decision, but if Mr. Comey does testify, we'll be watching with everyone else,” Conway said. When “Today” host Savannah Guthrie asked whether it was even an “open possibility” that Trump would try to block Comey, Conway repeated herself: “The president will make that final decision.”

Sanders, however, knew the answer when asked the same question during the briefing.

“The president's power to assert executive privilege is very well established,” she said. “However, to facilitate a swift and thorough examination of the facts sought by the Senate Intelligence Committee, President Trump will not assert executive privilege regarding James B. Comey's scheduled testimony.”

It is entirely possible that Trump reached a decision in the time between Conway's interview and Sanders's briefing. It is also possible that Trump wanted to hold an announcement until the briefing, which is carried live by multiple networks, instead of making news on a single show. But to help Conway seem in-the-know, he could have, at minimum, told her to say that an announcement would be coming soon.

At another point in her appearance on “Today,” Conway complained about “this obsession with covering everything [the president] says on Twitter.”

“But that's his preferred method of communication with the American people,” replied Craig Melvin, who was filling in for Matt Lauer.

“That's not true,” Conway shot back.

Well, it sure seems true, based on what Sanders said in the briefing. Asked whether Trump's tweets are vetted by an attorney, Sanders answered: “Not that I'm aware of.” Then she volunteered this: “I think social media for the president is extremely important. It gives him the ability to speak directly to the people without the bias of the media filtering those types of communications. He, at this point, has over 100-plus million contacts through social media, on all those platforms. I think it's a very important tool for him to be able to utilize.”

Near the end of the briefing, Spicer was the subject of an exchange between Sanders and April Ryan of American Urban Radio Networks:

RYAN: Where is Sean?

SANDERS: He's here today.

RYAN: Why didn't he come out?

SANDERS: Uh, this is part of my job, as well. Did you guys ever ask any of the other deputy press secretaries when they filled in?

RYAN: Is he in a new position now or are you just ...

SANDERS: I mean he is taking on a little bit of extra duty at this point, so I think it's fairly ...

RYAN: Has his position changed then?

SANDERS: Uh, it's probably upgraded, at this point, given that we don't have a communications director.

RYAN: So you will be the new press secretary here at the podium?

SANDERS: I did not say that at all.

Okay, but how about saying you won't be the primary press briefer going forward? Sanders's responses were so evasive that she only fueled doubts about Spicer's future.

That was bad, but Conway still topped Spicer for lousiest Monday. At least he didn't also have to deal with a rather unhelpful tweet from his own spouse.

I don't feel bad for either one. K-Con and Spicey sacrificed their reputations when the aligned with twitler.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"Kellyanne Conway had a lousy Monday. Sean Spicer’s wasn’t much better."

I don't feel bad for either one. K-Con and Spicey sacrificed their reputations when the aligned with twitler.

Sarah H Sanders is just making shit up as she goes along and Kellyanne is on another planet. If Caligula had twitter he couldn't do a better job as TT is doing right now

• Upvote 4

"Kellyanne Conway’s persecution complex"

Spoiler

Kellyanne Conway wants everyone — especially the media — to know that President Trump should not be “seen as the perpetrator” in the aftermath of Saturday's terrorist attack in London and that he definitely does not deserve “some blameworthiness.”

Huh? Who said otherwise?

Certainly not “Today” show host Savannah Guthrie, who interviewed Conway on Monday. Yet the counselor to the president seemed to imagine an incendiary charge that Trump bore responsibility for the attack just so she could knock it down.

Call it a highly calculated persecution complex — one designed to make the media seem as outrageous as possible.

The “Today” interview began with Guthrie asking Conway whether Trump owes an apology to London Mayor Sadiq Khan after tweeting this:

Khan's office accused Trump of deliberately taking the mayor's words out of context. Khan had addressed Londoners in a television interview on the morning after the attack and said the following: “You will see an increased police presence today, including armed officers and uniformed officers. There is no reason to be alarmed by this.”

The mayor clearly meant that Londoners should not be alarmed by the sight of police, but Trump's tweet misleadingly suggested that Khan, who is Muslim, had said there is no reason to be alarmed by the attack itself.

Conway deflected Guthrie's question and sought to focus on the words of solidarity Trump delivered to British Prime Minister Theresa May in a phone call. Then came this exchange:

CONWAY: I'm not going to allow, on the day and a half after terrorists did it again — whether they're ISIS-inspired or ISIS-directed, they're savage murderers; it's an evil slaughter, as the president said last — I'm going to not let him be seen as the perpetrator here. For every time you said Russia, imagine of you said ISIS. Every time you say Twitter, imagine if you said terrorist. Maybe we'd have a different type of vigilance.

GUTHRIE: But, Kellyanne, in fairness, he's setting the agenda. He's the president. He speaks; the reporters cover what he says.

CONWAY: And what did he say to Theresa May? What did he say to Theresa May?

GUTHRIE: He did say that to Theresa May, but most of his quotes had to do with either his own political concern, the travel ban, which he's been having four more tweets about that this morning, and a misleading attack on London's mayor. So, my question to you was simply does he owe an apology to London's mayor for quoting him in a misleading and inaccurate way?

CONWAY: So, we've got the 23rd ISIS-inspired or -directed attack, taking innocent lives — children in Manchester, children in Nice — and we want to know, we want to put some blameworthiness here on President Trump? I'm just not going to allow it.

This is a first-rate straw man construction — and it is not a fluke. It is one of the Trump White House's leading media strategies.

Remember what national security adviser H.R. McMaster said in the White House's first response to a Washington Post report that Trump had divulged of classified information to Russian diplomats? “At no time — at no time — were intelligence sources or methods discussed,” the general said.

The Post report did not accuse Trump of discussing sources and methods. McMaster (or whoever wrote the statement) invented the accusation so he could deny it.

Trump did the same thing a week later, during a visit to Israel, when he denied naming Israel as the source of the intelligence he shared with the Russians.

“Just so you understand, I never mentioned the word or the name Israel,” the president told reporters in Jerusalem. “Never mentioned it during that conversation. They're all saying I did, so you have another story wrong. Never mentioned the word Israel.”

I'll say it again: No one accused Trump of revealing the source. He created the charge so he could refute it and claim that the media had “another story wrong.”

The goal, of course, is to promote the idea that journalists, blinded by hate, are making reckless accusations against the president. When there is a dearth of real accusations to push back against, the White House seems willing to make some up.

I don't think journalists (at least mainstream journalists) are blinded by hate. I think most of them are earnestly trying to report or comment on the 10,000 pounds of crap coming out of the White House every day.

• Upvote 7

Ugh, this woman. Her attacks on syntax and grammar alone are appalling.

And don't get me started on SHS. Emotionless blah blah blah. Snarky me says has she never heard of "Dress for the job you want." So she wants to work in a gift shop in Key West? Needs her own thread.

And quick note, you are all witness to my first foray into social media so please excuse my awkwardness and inability to quote, tag, etc. Hope it's not fatal!

• Upvote 13

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

And quick note, you are all witness to my first foray into social media so please excuse my awkwardness and inability to quote, tag, etc. Hope it's not fatal!

Welcome to the dark side.  We have candy.:hersheyskiss:

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 8

• 2 weeks later...

STFU, K-Con "Kellyanne Conway is pointing a finger at the media after shooting"

Spoiler

Kellyanne Conway on Friday seemed to accuse the media of fomenting the kind of anger that led James T. Hodgkinson to embark on a shooting rampage at a baseball practice for congressional Republicans two days earlier.

Appearing on “Fox & Friends,” the counselor to the president stopped short of directly blaming the press for the attack. But Conway came close, as she identified various factors that she said could have contributed to the violence.

“Look, this is also the natural byproduct if you have images of the president being shot in rapper's videos, being assassinated in a production there in New York City, the picture of a severed head,” Conway said.

This was her commentary on the media:

I did a really clever thing: I went back and looked at exactly what was being discussed on all the TV shows, except yours, at 7:09 a.m. on Wednesday, when this happened, and it's a really curious exercise. Because as Steve Scalise was fighting for his life and crawling into right field in a trail of blood, you should go back and see what people were saying about the president and Republicans at that very moment.

Others, like former Trump spokeswoman Katrina Pierson, have pointed fingers at the media, but Conway's remarks represent a first from a White House official.

I performed Conway's “curious exercise,” reviewing the content of non-Fox cable morning shows early in the 7 o'clock hour on Wednesday.

MSNBC's “Morning Joe” led off that hour with a montage of the many times Attorney General Jeff Sessions said he couldn't remember something during congressional testimony on Tuesday.

“This is obviously not a guy you'd want as a partner on 'Jeopardy,'" Joe Scarborough quipped. “He doesn't remember anything. You certainly wouldn't want him to be your lawyer in a court.”

“How about your attorney general?” Mika Brzezinski replied.

“He's the attorney general of the United States, Joe, and off of those answers, you wouldn't want him to do a house closing for you,” Mike Barnicle added.

At the same time, panelists on CNN also were picking apart Sessions's testimony, focusing on his refusal to answer certain questions about conversations with President Trump, which had frustrated members of the Senate Intelligence Committee. Here's a representative exchange between “New Day” host Alisyn Camerota and legal analyst Jeffrey Toobin:

TOOBIN: I thought legal position was just clearly wrong. The executive privilege belongs to the president. Congress has a right to investigate executive branch matters. The only way you are supposed to be able to decline to answer questions is if the president instructs you: “I believe these conversations are covered by executive privilege, and you must not answer.”

CAMEROTA: There's no preemptive executive privilege, which is what he was saying.

TOOBIN: Exactly. And there's no preserving executive privilege for later. You either exercise it or you don't. And what his failure to answer did, it gave the president a double benefit. It kept the information from the Congress that they wanted. But it also saved the president the political heat of exercising executive privilege. Because that is something that Trump might have been criticized for or certainly would have been criticized for. But he didn't do it.

Was the coverage on CNN and MSNBC critical of the Trump administration? Certainly. “Mocking” would be a fair characterization of the tone on “Morning Joe.”

But it is terribly unfair to suggest that this kind of commentary and analysis is over the line or, worse, an incitement to violence. Offering a legal opinion of Sessions's testimony or saying that he would make a lousy “Jeopardy” contestant is well within the bounds of responsible criticism.

Conway's broader point about overheated political rhetoric and violent imagery in popular culture has merit. But she is using the shooting to cast the everyday work of journalists, whose job it is to hold powerful people and institutions accountable, as reckless.

If cable news had been mocking a Dem, K-Con wouldn't have been whining, she would have piled on. She needs to have her tenure cut short and go back to annoying people on a smaller scale.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I did a really clever thing: I went back and looked at exactly what was being discussed on all the TV shows, except yours, at 7:09 a.m. on Wednesday, when this happened, and it's a really curious exercise. Because as Steve Scalise was fighting for his life and crawling into right field in a trail of blood, you should go back and see what people were saying about the president and Republicans at that very moment.

WTH. No, that's not clever, Kellyann, that's you trying to manipulate the facts. Yes, the media was reporting, shockingly, the news. The news about our attorney general testifying under oath in front of a senate committee investigating corruption. And it happened to be at the exact moment when something bad was happening. Sorry if your clown car rally is just too much to ignore. Don't be surprised if the news outlets are going to ponder Mr. Sessions' selective amnesia. It's news. People were discussing what they saw. They were unaware of what was happening at that moment. Your attempts to stitch together clothes for your emperor aren't working.

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, GrumpyGran said:

Your attempts to stitch together clothes for your emperor aren't working.

But she's working her fingers to the bone with her invisible needle and thread. 

• Upvote 7

20 hours ago, Howl said:

But she's working her fingers to the bone with her invisible needle and thread. 

Hey, maybe she can get some help from the women in China that make Ivanka's clothes. You know, the ones she's empowering.

• Upvote 6

Oh Kellyanne, there's so much that's ironic in this debacle, but that tweet wasn't one of those things. I think you were probably going for sarcastic, but it wasn't that either. It was just your guy being his stupid ass self.

• Upvote 5

Yeah, dignity left the building on January 20, 2017. 

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Yeah, dignity left the building on January 20, 2017. 

If I were her mother, I don't think I could be more embarrassed.  

Hey, Kellyanne, your last name starts with CON, yet you don't have random people making fun of that fact.  Grow up.

Edited by JMarie
extra angst
  • Upvote 4

I wish the Sunday news shows would stop booking K-Con. "White House blames Obama for failing to stop Russia collusion"

Spoiler

The White House blamed the Obama administration Sunday for failing to tackle possible Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election, sticking with a new strategy to fault President Trump's predecessor for an issue currently facing the president himself as part of a widening FBI probe.

Appearing on ABC's “This Week” on Sunday morning, Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, struck a combative tone, saying: “It's the Obama administration that was responsible for doing absolutely nothing from August to January with the knowledge that Russia was hacking into our election. They did absolutely nothing. They're responsible for this.”

Then, referring to a Washington Post story last week that chronicled in detail the intense debate within the Obama White House on how to handle the mounting threat posed by Russia to the United States's democratic process, she said: “I have a hacking question for the Obama administration: Why did you, quote, choke, in the name of one of their senior administration officials? Why did you do nothing? Why didn't you inform candidate Trump?”

Conway was referring to a quotation in the article by a former senior Obama administration official involved in the Russia discussions who said the Obama White House's handling of the Russia hacking was “the hardest thing” for him to defend from his time in government, and added, “I feel like we sort of choked.”

But despite the nation's intelligence agencies having hard proof that Russia — and not any other country or entity — did, in fact, meddle in the 2016 presidential elections, Trump repeatedly seemed to fault everyone but Russia.

During the first presidential debate, Trump acknowledged that Russia could be behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee, but added, "But it could also be China, but it could also be lots of other people, it could also be someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?"

And, as president-elect, after being definitively briefed by the intelligence chiefs that Russia was behind the hacking and had tried to interfere in the nation's Democratic process, Trump finally conceded in his first post-election news conference that, "As far as hacking, I think it was Russia."

"But," he added,  "I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people."

Conway's comments echoed a tweet sent Friday by Trump, who called on the media after the Post report to shift their focus from him to the previous White House. “Since the Obama Administration was told way before the 2016 Election that the Russians were meddling, why no action?” he wrote.

Conway echoed that criticism.

“I know you thought Hillary would win, but how could you not reveal important information about Russia hacking?” she said. “When the president found out about it in January, as president, he said it was a disgrace. He believes Russia was behind it, but he thinks other people hacked, too.”

She concluded: “I think the previous administration has a lot of questions to answer given this Russian obsession by everyone.”

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), the Democratic minority leader, rejected Conway's remarks in an interview immediately after hers on the show, noting that the Obama administration is “no longer in charge” and calling on the White House to support a bipartisan Senate bill that imposes additional sanctions on Russia and Iran. The White House is lobbying against the bill.

“Now, Donald Trump seems to be opposing that,” Schumer said. " The American people are scratching their heads. Knowing his relationship with Putin, they’re saying why the heck is he opposing strengthening sanctions?”

Although the bill is stalled in Congress, Schumer said he hopes House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) will help push it through, and he added that if the president vetoes it, he believes Democrats and Republicans will override the veto.

“So the bottom line is if Donald Trump wants to do something about Russia and Russian meddling, better than just saying Obama didn’t do enough, support our sanction bill,” Schumer said.

Conway — who reiterated the president's previous statement that while he believes Russia was involved in 2016 meddling, “others are hacking, too” — also said that the president's commission on electoral integrity, which Vice President Pence is chairing, is part of the administration's effort to respond to the Russia threat and that the White House is taking other steps, as well. 

“He signed very early on a cybersecurity executive order and has an entire task force, they met just this week, and it's headed up by his homeland security adviser, taking into account what foreign governments may be doing,” she said. “That goes for Russia or anybody else who wants to interfere in our democracy.”

Pence's electoral integrity commission, Conway added, has 10 members and plans to issue a report addressing “everything from voter fraud here domestically to possible hacking by foreign governments.”

“He takes very seriously integrity at the ballot box in all of its forms,” she said.

Why is it that almost everything that comes out of K-Con's mouth sounds like a kid on a playground screaming, "I know you are, but what am I?"

• Upvote 5

33 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wish the Sunday news shows would stop booking K-Con. "White House blames Obama for failing to stop Russia collusion"

Hide contents

The White House blamed the Obama administration Sunday for failing to tackle possible Russian collusion in the 2016 presidential election, sticking with a new strategy to fault President Trump's predecessor for an issue currently facing the president himself as part of a widening FBI probe.

Appearing on ABC's “This Week” on Sunday morning, Kellyanne Conway, counselor to the president, struck a combative tone, saying: “It's the Obama administration that was responsible for doing absolutely nothing from August to January with the knowledge that Russia was hacking into our election. They did absolutely nothing. They're responsible for this.”

Then, referring to a Washington Post story last week that chronicled in detail the intense debate within the Obama White House on how to handle the mounting threat posed by Russia to the United States's democratic process, she said: “I have a hacking question for the Obama administration: Why did you, quote, choke, in the name of one of their senior administration officials? Why did you do nothing? Why didn't you inform candidate Trump?”

Conway was referring to a quotation in the article by a former senior Obama administration official involved in the Russia discussions who said the Obama White House's handling of the Russia hacking was “the hardest thing” for him to defend from his time in government, and added, “I feel like we sort of choked.”

But despite the nation's intelligence agencies having hard proof that Russia — and not any other country or entity — did, in fact, meddle in the 2016 presidential elections, Trump repeatedly seemed to fault everyone but Russia.

During the first presidential debate, Trump acknowledged that Russia could be behind the hacking of the Democratic National Committee, but added, "But it could also be China, but it could also be lots of other people, it could also be someone sitting on their bed that weighs 400 pounds, OK?"

And, as president-elect, after being definitively briefed by the intelligence chiefs that Russia was behind the hacking and had tried to interfere in the nation's Democratic process, Trump finally conceded in his first post-election news conference that, "As far as hacking, I think it was Russia."

"But," he added,  "I think we also get hacked by other countries and other people."

Conway's comments echoed a tweet sent Friday by Trump, who called on the media after the Post report to shift their focus from him to the previous White House. “Since the Obama Administration was told way before the 2016 Election that the Russians were meddling, why no action?” he wrote.

Conway echoed that criticism.

“I know you thought Hillary would win, but how could you not reveal important information about Russia hacking?” she said. “When the president found out about it in January, as president, he said it was a disgrace. He believes Russia was behind it, but he thinks other people hacked, too.”

She concluded: “I think the previous administration has a lot of questions to answer given this Russian obsession by everyone.”

Sen. Charles E. Schumer (D-N.Y.), the Democratic minority leader, rejected Conway's remarks in an interview immediately after hers on the show, noting that the Obama administration is “no longer in charge” and calling on the White House to support a bipartisan Senate bill that imposes additional sanctions on Russia and Iran. The White House is lobbying against the bill.

“Now, Donald Trump seems to be opposing that,” Schumer said. " The American people are scratching their heads. Knowing his relationship with Putin, they’re saying why the heck is he opposing strengthening sanctions?”

Although the bill is stalled in Congress, Schumer said he hopes House Speaker Paul D. Ryan (R-Wis.) will help push it through, and he added that if the president vetoes it, he believes Democrats and Republicans will override the veto.

“So the bottom line is if Donald Trump wants to do something about Russia and Russian meddling, better than just saying Obama didn’t do enough, support our sanction bill,” Schumer said.

Conway — who reiterated the president's previous statement that while he believes Russia was involved in 2016 meddling, “others are hacking, too” — also said that the president's commission on electoral integrity, which Vice President Pence is chairing, is part of the administration's effort to respond to the Russia threat and that the White House is taking other steps, as well. 

“He signed very early on a cybersecurity executive order and has an entire task force, they met just this week, and it's headed up by his homeland security adviser, taking into account what foreign governments may be doing,” she said. “That goes for Russia or anybody else who wants to interfere in our democracy.”

Pence's electoral integrity commission, Conway added, has 10 members and plans to issue a report addressing “everything from voter fraud here domestically to possible hacking by foreign governments.”

“He takes very seriously integrity at the ballot box in all of its forms,” she said.

Why is it that almost everything that comes out of K-Con's mouth sounds like a kid on a playground screaming, "I know you are, but what am I?"

I stumbled upon the interview this morning.  She managed to squeeze in the four wins by the Republican party, and how Obamacare made insurance premiums increase over 100%.   Later in the program, Rand Paul used the phrase "death spiral" several times.  I guess they think it's not a legitimate interview unless they use one or more of their trigger phrases.

• Upvote 5

I can't stomach watching K-Con, so I didn't watch her appearance on Sunday morning, but this just chaps my hide: "Kellyanne Conway on Senate health bill: 'These are not cuts to Medicaid'"

Spoiler

Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway asserted Sunday that the Senate health care bill does not propose cuts to Medicaid, despite projections that it would cut the federal health insurance program by $800 billion.

“These are not cuts to Medicaid," Conway said to ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on "This Week" Sunday.

"This slows the rate for the future and it allows governors more flexibility for the future with Medicaid dollars,” she said.

“If you are currently in Medicaid, if you became [a recipient] ... through the Obamacare expansion, you are grandfathered in. We’re talking about in the future,” Conway said.

When pressed by Stephanopoulos on how the proposal doesn’t amount to cuts when it directly curtails funding for Medicaid, Conway said the administration sees its actions as putting Medicaid back to pre-Obamacare levels.

“We don’t see them as cuts, it’s slowing the rate of growth in the future and getting Medicaid back to where it was,” she said.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is expected to release its analysis of the impact of the Senate bill this week.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hopes to bring the bill to a vote on the Senate floor before the July 4 recess.

So far five Republican senators have announced their opposition to the bill in its current form, and some others have said they are still reviewing the bill. That leaves in question whether the bill can win the support of at least 50 of the 52 Republicans in the Senate needed for it to pass, with Vice President Pence casting the tiebreaking vote.

Conway said the president is prepared to negotiate to pass the bill.

"The president is prepared to have a conversation and discussion and negotiation with those senators and others," she said of the five who have announced their opposition.

"He hopes to get to yes," Conway said of Trump. "We're very open"

You know, I wonder what it is like in her alternate universe. Scratch that, I don't want to know.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can't stomach watching K-Con, so I didn't watch her appearance on Sunday morning, but this just chaps my hide: "Kellyanne Conway on Senate health bill: 'These are not cuts to Medicaid'"

Reveal hidden contents

Presidential counselor Kellyanne Conway asserted Sunday that the Senate health care bill does not propose cuts to Medicaid, despite projections that it would cut the federal health insurance program by $800 billion.

“These are not cuts to Medicaid," Conway said to ABC News Chief Anchor George Stephanopoulos on "This Week" Sunday.

"This slows the rate for the future and it allows governors more flexibility for the future with Medicaid dollars,” she said.

“If you are currently in Medicaid, if you became [a recipient] ... through the Obamacare expansion, you are grandfathered in. We’re talking about in the future,” Conway said.

When pressed by Stephanopoulos on how the proposal doesn’t amount to cuts when it directly curtails funding for Medicaid, Conway said the administration sees its actions as putting Medicaid back to pre-Obamacare levels.

“We don’t see them as cuts, it’s slowing the rate of growth in the future and getting Medicaid back to where it was,” she said.

The nonpartisan Congressional Budget Office is expected to release its analysis of the impact of the Senate bill this week.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell hopes to bring the bill to a vote on the Senate floor before the July 4 recess.

So far five Republican senators have announced their opposition to the bill in its current form, and some others have said they are still reviewing the bill. That leaves in question whether the bill can win the support of at least 50 of the 52 Republicans in the Senate needed for it to pass, with Vice President Pence casting the tiebreaking vote.

"The president is prepared to have a conversation and discussion and negotiation with those senators and others," she said of the five who have announced their opposition.

You know, I wonder what it is like in her alternate universe. Scratch that, I don't want to know.

I think a lot of us are feeling pretty chapped.

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Reveal hidden contents

Oh, Kellyanne, you're losing your touch. Despite your lead statement there's some obvious truth in there. Let me Cliff Note this for you, from your words: In the future, Medicaid will be like it was before Obamacare.

She must have forgotten one of her bags of excessive and misleading words when she gave that interview.  And where was the TrumpPraise?

• Upvote 2

I've been trying not to pay attention to the news later for my own sanity.  As the legal guardian and conservator to an 85-year-old dementia patient on Medicaid who is locked up in memory care for her own safety (and others), I'd like to know exactly how my mom can safely go out and get a job considering that Medicare and insurance does not cover putting someone in memory care (for their and others safety)

• Upvote 13

When I heard Kellyanne's comment about how folks on Medicaid just need to get jobs so they can get health insurance through their employer, I wanted to throw things. Every single job I've ever had was with a small business, and I never once had the option of health insurance through my employer. I went without for years, until I got married and could be added to Mr. Cartmann99's insurance. 

I know that Kellyanne has stepped down from the polling firm she started back in the 90s to work for Orange Donnie, but does anyone know if her employees received health insurance through the business? I've tried searching, but all I could find out was that she had at least ten employees.

• Upvote 10

Again also Kellyanne didn't come from the best background too. It kills me how so many republicans who came from harsh backgrounds be all like "welp sucks to be you!"

• Upvote 4

10 hours ago, candygirl200413 said:

Again also Kellyanne didn't come from the best background too. It kills me how so many republicans who came from harsh backgrounds be all like "welp sucks to be you!"

Some remember, some conveniently chose to forget. But she's also in that coven foundation that Betsy DeVos is a big part of where they're all "Christians" so, you know, pious arrogance.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic