IGNORED

In preparation for the new Duggar special tonight...

slickcat79

they are replaying all of the J&A-centric specials, starting with the wedding episode. I'm watching it now because I think I missed at least part of it the first time around.

At least, I'm trying to watch it...but it's almost too embarrassing/sickening to watch. Especially JB's man-to-man talk :puke-front:

Oh, and I'd forgotten the hand sex.

Josh has aged considerably in the last 3 years.

More of JB's pearls of wisdom:

"Men are not as emotional as a woman. A wedding is one of the highlights of her life."

Followed by some more pontificating by Smuggar...who is clearly an expert on women :roll:

I missed the hand sex part. I am so glad Anna has lost the bad perm and gel dependency. She looks so much getter now, Smugger not so much. You are right he has aged quite a bit, I wonder if it is the weight gain.

I still don't understand the wine really means grape juice bit. Jesus didn't have a fridge to keep his Welch's folks.

Were you as defrauded as I by the glimpse of JB's stockinged feet and ankles under the classy bedroom stall? If marriage is so important why don't they have better dressing rooms for wedding parties?

ETA. I forgot Smuggar sang at the wedding! That was so uncomfortable. No JB I have never dreamed of Mr. Barbie singing to me, especially at our wedding.

Flipsnippy, Yes

Also, am I the only one to think Cousin Amy was an ass to smash cake in Josh's face?

Flipsnippy, Yes

Also, am I the only one to think Cousin Amy was an ass to smash cake in Josh's face?

I think so too. Josh and Anna looked uncomfortable during that.

And why the hell did the bridesmaids chuck their bouquets at Josh's back after the kiss? How classy. (yeah I realize who we're talking about here...but still)

Okay, I know this is OT and all, but can I just say that I freakin' LOVE your avatar, slickcat79?! I LOVE that blog! Too funny!

Okay, I know this is OT and all, but can I just say that I freakin' LOVE your avatar, slickcat79?! I LOVE that blog! Too funny!

Totally off topic, but I concur! Hyperbole and a Half is one of my faves!!

I am a bit crazed, so I have the season 1-4 DVDs (store.discover.com has a sale where you can get season 1-3 and the book 20 and Counting for $54.99). The season 1 DVD also has the original specials, except its missing the full cross-country one.

I probably shouldn't be supporting them with my dvd purchases, but its like an addiction. I also don't have cable anymore, so buying DVDs of choice shows, downloading or Netflix are my main means of watching really horrible tv shows.

The engagement and subsequent wedding special is HIGHLARIOUS. I especially love the re-enactment of the engagement at the rehearsal dinner by Jana and John-David. Totally classic.

Amy was very obnoxious to do the cake smash. Also I thought it was stupid that John-David FORGOT THE RING and had to run out during the ceremony!

Fixed that for you, ChunkyBarbie.

Thank you :D I LOVE it too. I can so relate to Sneaky Hate Spiral: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2 ... piral.html

I introduced a co-worker to it, and now she has a "Clean All the Things" coffee mug.

One of the million times after the first airing, I saw the wedding episode. Or, part of it.

The hand sex was seriously an issue for me. It was all I saw and I turned the show off not quite half way through.

I have no beliefs about interaction outside marriage. Sex, public affection, whatever. Whatever works for you, go for it.

Their hand sex was beyond all that. I'd honestly rather see/watch someone actually having sex than watch that. I don't think an engaged couple who has had sex would be so public or obvious or constant or intimate in public. At least I've never seen it.

It really - to put me back in the 80's - 'grossed me out'.

I think so too. Josh and Anna looked uncomfortable during that.

And why the hell did the bridesmaids chuck their bouquets at Josh's back after the kiss? How classy. (yeah I realize who we're talking about here...but still)

She's such an attention wh.....seeking person. :roll:

They are all attention whores. Attention seekers. How else did they finish and live in their personally-built house? Their first shows, they were living in the ranch house. Wow, after whoring themselves out, they could finish their mansion. Josh has car lot issues and the reality is that this economy cannot be making him money, however he runs the place. How do they live, pay bills, rent/mortgage...all by pimping themselves out to film crews and turning their lives into a show.

No Duggar can watch tv, but they can all sell themselves to ratings.

I really don't like Amy. I mean what is the reason she is on there anyway? Other than to try and launch her career.

It's not so that we can see a representative of 'normal' America, because we see that every time the Duggars go off somewhere and meet new people. What is the point of her?

Were you as defrauded as I by the glimpse of JB's stockinged feet and ankles under the classy bedroom stall? If marriage is so important why don't they have better dressing rooms for wedding parties?

ETA. I forgot Smuggar sang at the wedding! That was so uncomfortable. No JB I have never dreamed of Mr. Barbie singing to me, especially at our wedding.

I haven't watched the Smuggar/Anna wedding since the first time it aired, and I forgot about the song. To be honest, I've never seen that part, because I knew it was going to be so bad I felt uncomfortable watching it, and changed the channel. I didn't know I could feel so uncomfortable for people I don't even know (and in Smuggar's case, someone I probably wouldn't like IRL). So was the song as cringe-worthy as I imagined it?

*Edited to correct riffles

I really don't like Amy. I mean what is the reason she is on there anyway? Other than to try and launch her career.

It's not so that we can see a representative of 'normal' America, because we see that every time the Duggars go off somewhere and meet new people. What is the point of her?

I think she's there to try to answer the criticisms that the Duggars only care about people who are just like them, or the idea that they would disown or shun a child who left the lifestyle. TPTB can point at the show and say, "Look, Cousin Amy wears pants/listens to rock music/has boyfriends and they still love her!" I don't really think that proves anything about how they would treat a child who rejected their lifestyle though...a niece is not really the same. Look at how the Kellers have apparently treated some of their kids.

Ugh... THE HAIR! The PERMS! THE HAIRSPRAY! I had totally forgotten how god awful it was!

Watching the birthday special now. Interesting how they used Minnie Mouse for Amy's cake considering how disney is now teh debil.

btw - can someone tell me how to do the strikethrough text?

Will this be the commentary thread during the show?

Just the intro made DH and I sadly shake our heads.

I was just thinking that... new thread?

That's probably better to have a fresh title. I'll start it in a minute (NOT by Duggar timing :) )

Archived