IGNORED

How does this happen: Erica Parsons

BlondeAgent007

Erica Parsons' adoptive parents have not heard from here since December 2011, yet never reported her missing. I watched this on Dr. Phil yesterday and am awaiting the conclusion.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... -Phil.html

One thing mentioned in the show and not in the article: the child was never reported missing partially because the Parsons home school. In NC there are ZERO homeschooling regulations, hence authorities were never alerted that she was no longer attending school.

I saw this on doctor drew last night too. There was some talk of her not being reported because of the money the foster parents received monthly for her. Also foster parents claim she isn't really missing and she was with a grandmother. So happens grandma died 5 years ago. I couldn't watch all of it so I'm interested to read the link above. Once I heard about the homeschooling I kinda just shook my head. No supervision there. No one from foster care has checked in two years either evidently based on what I've seen so far. Just wow.

I'm sorry, I guess misunderstood that her parents are adoptive, not foster. Guess that explains no supervision from foster care.

I've been reading about this in my local news and I'm scared that something really bad happened to that poor child.

Heres another synopsis from the Dr. Phil show website.

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/2054

I wish I could find the video of it. He did a really good job interrogating them.

From the above link:

After a few months of getting to know Nan online, they agreed that Erica could stay with her for a weekend. They say they met her at a McDonald’s and dropped Erica off. Casey admits that they didn’t know where Nan lived but claimed they saw photos of her house — a farm with horses. She says they no longer have those photos.

So they supposedly let their then-13-year-old daughter spend the weekend with this woman who they had never met in person before and only gotten to know for only a few months exclusively online? Call me over-protective, but I don't think I would be allowing that, even if this was supposed to be the child's biological grandmother. It would take lots of joint visits, maybe some day visits, definitely my visiting the person's residence at least once if not more before I would be comfortable enough to let my kid do an over-nighter.

And if she really has been living with this Nan for the past two years, haven't her parents heard from the girl at all? Phone calls? In the age of Facebook, email messages or status updates? No visits at all over the past two years, even for birthdays or holidays? How could they not have the address to at least send their daughter Christmas gifts?

I live in one of the strictest/highest regulation states and there is nothing that could protect a child from this. To my knowledge, no state requires you produce a child for visual confirmation. Someone who is trying to hide something could do it, easily. Even if she had been going to public school what's to stop a parent from saying, "She is no longer living here", which would be the truth. We had a teen girl living with us who attended high school and when she moved out that was all I had to call the high school and tell them, they didn't ask where she had gone or check on her.

That poor child, how scary.

From the above link:

So they supposedly let their then-13-year-old daughter spend the weekend with this woman who they had never met in person before and only gotten to know for only a few months exclusively online? Call me over-protective, but I don't think I would be allowing that, even if this was supposed to be the child's biological grandmother. It would take lots of joint visits, maybe some day visits, definitely my visiting the person's residence at least once if not more before I would be comfortable enough to let my kid do an over-nighter.

And if she really has been living with this Nan for the past two years, haven't her parents heard from the girl at all? Phone calls? In the age of Facebook, email messages or status updates? No visits at all over the past two years, even for birthdays or holidays? How could they not have the address to at least send their daughter Christmas gifts?

Sounds very much like Kasey Anthony's "Nanny" that didn't exist either.

I live in one of the strictest/highest regulation states and there is nothing that could protect a child from this. To my knowledge, no state requires you produce a child for visual confirmation. Someone who is trying to hide something could do it, easily. Even if she had been going to public school what's to stop a parent from saying, "She is no longer living here", which would be the truth. We had a teen girl living with us who attended high school and when she moved out that was all I had to call the high school and tell them, they didn't ask where she had gone or check on her.

This reminds me of the Precious Doe murder in KC. There, they had a body but no missing child reported. The woman and her husband who murdered the woman's child lied to various people about where she was, but they kept collecting benefits on her., to my understanding. I have zero expectation that this recently reported child is alive, but I'm old and cynical.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_Doe

So true. I have a friend whose parents pulled her out of school in 2nd grade to work in the fields and when a school official eventually contacted them they just said they sent her to Mexico to live with her grandparents. She never went back to school until she was an adult.

Did anyone else notice that she looked way younger than 13 in the pictures Dr. Phil showed? That and the fact that she had lived with another family member for a YEAR when she was five made me think that her parents didn't really think of her as part of the family. What was with the dad saying he trusted his wife to make all parenting decisions? The mom still isn't concerned even though she's been gone for two years? How did these people get approved for adoption?

Part two airs on Dr. Phil today.

WOW. I have so many thoughts about this.

1) They fucking killed her.

2) How convenient that "Nan"'s phone and Facebook disappeared shortly after Erica started living with her.

3) I, for one, would be suspicious and worried if I entrusted my child to someone and that person promptly disappeared.

4) The biomom is apparently in touch with biodad. "Nan" is supposedly biodad's mother. I don't buy at all that the Parsons couldn't have spoken to Erica or "Nan" or somehow confirmed where she was if they really wanted to (and if the story were true).

5) They continued cashing the checks because they were related to her health insurance? Who cares about her health insurance when you don't even know where she is? Jesus.

6) Relatives apparently confronted Casey about the bruises on Erica, and she said it was other kids beating Erica up. Oh okay, that's no big deal, then!

"Go do what you want to the house. Look. Go dig the yard up. Erica is not in this yard. Erica is fine."'

7) Telling how they're so convinced that she's fine even though they have no proof and no idea where she is.

8) Good one, blaming it on your mentally ill son. Claiming he's only reporting her disappearance to get back at you. Maybe he's just ceased to fear you since you kicked him out.

9) She does look very young in all the photos, and she was described as only 4 foot 5 and appearing small for her age. That's ominous to me. She'd lived with the Parsons since she was two weeks old. Unless there's some kind of medical condition or other circumstances that aren't public, I'm very suspicious that she was malnourished.

10) They fucking killed her.

ETA: Alternatively, if they themselves didn't kill her, they gave her over to a woman they barely knew. They had no knowledge of her background, criminal history, or where she lived. They didn't even have proof that she was Erica's biological relative. She apparently disappeared very shortly after Erica went to stay with her permanently. If the Parsons didn't kill her, "Nan" did, and she only had the opportunity because the Parsons were completely negligent.

9) She does look very young in all the photos, and she was described as only 4 foot 5 and appearing small for her age. That's ominous to me. She'd lived with the Parsons since she was two weeks old. Unless there's some kind of medical condition or other circumstances that aren't public, I'm very suspicious that she was malnourished.

This was my initial thought, too. My ten year old son is 5'2" and 75 pounds. He's somewhat tall for his age, but he's also fairly thin. Even at that, his face looks nowhere near as skeletal as this little girl's does. He's even got slightly chubby cheeks, a little bit of leftover baby fat, I guess.

Maybe "Nan" saw how badly Erica was being treated then decided not to let Erica go home because she was concerned for her.

Or maybe I'm hoping against hope. :(

This was my initial thought, too. My ten year old son is 5'2" and 75 pounds. He's somewhat tall for his age, but he's also fairly thin. Even at that, his face looks nowhere near as skeletal as this little girl's does. He's even got slightly chubby cheeks, a little bit of leftover baby fat, I guess.

Well, I am barely 4'11" and used to weigh about that when I was younger and I was always the shortest one for my age. However, I do agree that there's a chance she was malnourished though, especially since I believe something horrific has happened and I just can't...I can't even go there. That poor girl. I really, really hate some people. I hope they rot in prison, stupid, sick motherfuckers.

Maybe "Nan" saw how badly Erica was being treated then decided not to let Erica go home because she was concerned for her.

Or maybe I'm hoping against hope. :(

"Nan" died 5 years ago based on her real name according to police.

I just watched the part 2 of Dr. Phil's show and the parents seem completely guilty based on the way they handled the lie detector.

I'm also under 5 foot and an adult. There are lots of small women around. You'd probably want to look at her close genetic relatives to get an idea of how tall you'd expect her to be. I am shorter than my parents for example but not by more than you'd expect since they are both pretty short.

If her genetic parents are both nearing the 6 foot range, alarm bells would be going off.

WOW. I have so many thoughts about this.

ETA: Alternatively, if they themselves didn't kill her, they gave her over to a woman they barely knew. They had no knowledge of her background, criminal history, or where she lived. They didn't even have proof that she was Erica's biological relative. She apparently disappeared very shortly after Erica went to stay with her permanently. If the Parsons didn't kill her, "Nan" did, and she only had the opportunity because the Parsons were completely negligent.

My thoughts were either that they killed her, or she was sold into prostitution.

The adoptive mother served as a surrogate. Then she told the baby's parents that she lost the pregnancy, but that was a lie. Instead she courted several people who wanted to adopt, apparentlyreceiving money from them. The parents found out and were able to threaten legal action and were able to take custody of their son at his birth.

This speaks volumes to me. I'm not saying that all scamers are capable of murder, but when you see more of the picture, it gets scary.

Also, Dr. Phil asked them about the girl's belongings. Apparently when the girl "left" she did not take anything with her except her purse :(

This becomes shadier and the shadier the more I find out.

Uh oh. The 1-666 post.

This reminds me of the Precious Doe murder in KC. There, they had a body but no missing child reported. The woman and her husband who murdered the woman's child lied to various people about where she was, but they kept collecting benefits on her., to my understanding. I have zero expectation that this recently reported child is alive, but I'm old and cynical.

Rilya Wilson was the FL girl whose name came up as Precious Doe. She was put into foster care, then likely killed by her foster mother. (I remember the name because, somewhere along the line, her birth mother said it stood for, "Remember I Love You Always.) However, the body ended up belonging to Erica Green, whose parents just dumped her body in MO on the way to somewhere else. :cry:

This child might have been receiving an adoption subsidy from the state, although if she were adopted at two weeks old, I am not so sure about this. Usually, adoption subsidies are for children adopted from foster care who are older and have issues. Perhaps she could have been taken by CPS at birth, but it would normally take longer to sever parental rights and release her for adoption.

I think it is more likely they were receiving SSI payments for her. I worked in the insurance industry, and I am unaware of any private insurance that pays monthly payments to someone. If she had been involved in a MVA or something, any money from the insurance for pain and suffering (not medical bills) would be held for her until she was 18.

I have Dr. Phil in my auto-record on the DVR at home, so I will definitely watch it when I get back.

Rilya Wilson was the FL girl whose name came up as Precious Doe. She was put into foster care, then likely killed by her foster mother. (I remember the name because, somewhere along the line, her birth mother said it stood for, "Remember I Love You Always.) However, the body ended up belonging to Erica Green, whose parents just dumped her body in MO on the way to somewhere else. :cry:

What added to the horror of the whole thing with Precious Doe is that when they were looking for a missing tiny child there turned out to be several around the country, maybe a second one in Florida and a few others here and there. She had been with an apparently loving caretaker while her mother was in jail, was taken (with the plan of assistance money) and her step father kicked her into unconsciousness in a backroom of a cousin's house in KCMO. They saw she wasn't doing well for 2 days, but didn't call 911 because they were all doing drugs and didn't want to get caught. A family member from OK (grandfather or greatgrandfather) called multiple times to convince them he knew who it probably was-- and when people finally listened to him, they got the answers. Two years (or so) later, I think Precious Doe's mother was still with the boyfriend/stepfather who beat her child to death and cut her head off with garden shears.... but did testify, I think, to save her own ass.