IGNORED

Frump Factor

Patsy

These dresses are Inexpensive because I don't finish the seams or other professional details that are time consuming.

Translation: My clothing is cheaper because I don't do quality work. Why on EARTH would you want to advertise that?

Oh my gosh, those pictures are just...pathetic. Poor little girls!

When I saw the post title, I immediately thought of that Alaskan homeschooling family....can't think of their names though. They have like 5 or 6 daughters and one son...very, very frumpy. The girls have horrible hair and dresses and maybe even head coverings, the boy and his father wear overalls. Anyone know who I'm speaking of? They seem really sweet, though. I don't remember any "hate" on their blog...just...weirdness.

That is simplelivingalaska and they have been posting a lot of political crap lately so I stopped reading. I do check back for updates often because I want to see how their house is coming along.

Guest Anonymous
Oh my gosh! I forgot to mention those matching mothers of the bride and groom outfits! I know the bride made her own dress (from a 1980 pattern, no doubt), but I bet she also made those worn by the bridesmaids, flower girls, and mothers. Also circa 1980.

And WHY do they have so many flower girls? And often a boatload of bridesmaids-why? I don't even know that many people I could remotely want to be in my wedding. One of the Smiths/Mortons/Sanders, I think, had 24. I counted.

I hope Jim Bob and this Andrew of the hair wave never live in the same town-can you imagine the AquaNet shortage that would cause?

The brides dress would be really lovely if had a neckline like my 1860's wedding dress. Basically, a civil war ballgown neckline would make that dress modest, lovely and a lot less dated!

'

Poor bridesmaids in the devil's fiber crushed panne! That stuff is a bitch and 1/2 to work with and I charge double to work with it when I sew!!!!

The brides dress would be really lovely if had a neckline like my 1860's wedding dress. Basically, a civil war ballgown neckline would make that dress modest, lovely and a lot less dated!

'

Poor bridesmaids in the devil's fiber crushed panne! That stuff is a bitch and 1/2 to work with and I charge double to work with it when I sew!!!!

Andrew's hair is beyond over the top. Ken doll hair? No words to describe its...awesomeness?

The Moms outfits(WTF velvet ties?) are hideous. I like the wedding dress compared to many of the modest frumper types most of the fundie girls are making.

You all must go to the lilliesapparel website and check out the photos of the daughter's wedding. Her husband's hair in the close up wedding photo...I have no words. But the pastel-clad ladies of the FLDS would envy that hair wave in front.

And here's their courtship story:

liliesapparel.com/lovestory.html

ETA: And here's the Glick Family website:

http://www.onevoicemusic.faithweb.com/glickfamily.htm

"Andrew, the oldest, and siblings do life size animated children’s skits".

:shock:

Why, and how, would anyone do that to their hair?! The mothers of the couple had some pretty frumpy outfits on too.

Scroll down to the one of them on their front porch. In other news, I had no idea that they were Messianic types. :doh:

Uffda! Big momma and daddy. :o

Nell

That is simplelivingalaska and they have been posting a lot of political crap lately so I stopped reading. I do check back for updates often because I want to see how their house is coming along.

"We have been using cloth diapers since our third child (Mercy Fire) was born." Mercy Fire? I'm afraid to see what the other kids are named. :pray:

Nell

Good Lord are they enormous people!

Yes! This was my first thought, too. And you mean these folks:

simplelivingak.wordpress.com/

Scroll down to the one of them on their front porch. In other news, I had no idea that they were Messianic types. :doh:

I keep having to remind myself that by 'jumper' you mean a type of dress- I just keep thinking of windcheaters lol. So when I read things like 'long denim jumper' the visual is especially horrifying.

Never mind the question about the windcheater, now I see others' replies. Just one question--if a jumper is a sweater (or jacket in Australia), then what's a pullover? I thought that was a sweater.

Translation: My clothing is cheaper because I don't do quality work. Why on EARTH would you want to advertise that?

I know! C'mon, there's a reason that those professional details are important. Why on Earth would you want to pay $25-35 for something that's going to unravel?

Mercy Fire? I'm afraid to see what the other kids are named. :pray:

One of the little girls is named Vision. :|

Nell

"We have been using cloth diapers since our third child (Mercy Fire) was born." Mercy Fire? I'm afraid to see what the other kids are named. :pray:

Jerusalem Song, Judah, Destiny, Serenity.

Nell

Never mind the question about the windcheater, now I see others' replies. Just one question--if a jumper is a sweater (or jacket in Australia), then what's a pullover? I thought that was a sweater.

Can't speak for Australia. In the part of the UK I am from, "pullover" and "jumper" mean the same. It is a knitted top.

"Sweater" or "sweatshirt" means a top that looks sporty or athletic. If someone said to me "she had a jumper on" vs "she had a sweater on" I would get really different mental images ;)

I thought Vision's full name was Vision o'Yaweh (however it's spelled)? Or were we joking about that. I don't have the patience to go through her blog to find it.

I know it's not nice, but how do they have sex with all that stomach/extra weight in the way? I just don't see things getting where they're supposed to go to produce a child.

Also, her husband looks much younger than her.

I know it's not nice, but how do they have sex with all that stomach/extra weight in the way? I just don't see things getting where they're supposed to go to produce a child.

I really don't think you want to ask this question, even excusing the rudeness. But you can always google to find out. It's not like fat people don't have sex, after all.

The Alaskan family is drinking the 'ebil feminist' haterade.

http://simplelivingak.wordpress.com/2010/06/03/1492/

They look like FLDS. :(

http://tinyurl.com/6428z9c

Actually, FLDS dresses look decidedly more feminine that these poor girls' outfits. IMO, oversize t-shirt plus shapeless skirt (on an oversized body, sorry Alaskan mom) does not equal feminine countenance.

That hair style must require lots of hairspray or gel or something. I have no words either. And did you notice that the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom are wearing the same outfit?

Nell

I thought the groom featured on the lillie's apparel website looked like he could be related to Warren Jeffs...I think it is the hair and the shape of his face. The bride was adorable! And yeah I noticed the mothers wearing the same outfit. I thought that was a little weird.

Another translation... I'm lazy and don't give a crap if the dresses wear out fast.

I'm a hobby seamstress, with a background in making custom window coverings. I was always taught to finish the seams because they'll last longer that way. Not to mention I always finish seams on wovens because I hate, hate, hate feeling fraying fabric.

Archived