IGNORED

Christian ™ Tow Truck Driver Leaves Woman With Disabilities On Highway Because Supports Bernie

doggie

On May 6, 2016 at 7:06 PM, 47of74 said:

It'd be easier to just chuck the whole of Christianity and say that I'm no longer a Christian, which is what I damn well near want to do some times due to the antics of this fuck nugget and others like him.

Then again it would be abandoning Jesus to this douche cannon and those like him and would be a victory to these people.  That's why I'm not leaving.

I still have issues with those kinds of people who act like that! I believe in Jesus , but I'm to the point of rejecting the "Christian" label.

I know that I throw my grandparents into conversations about things on a semi-regular basis, because they were people I was lucky to have the privilege to know, let alone have the joy of being related to.

AEnyhoo, my gramps worked for a power company, dealt with downed lines, exploding pipes, teams of people putting utilities back together, etc.  He reluctantly told me about stopping, against regulations, to help people stuck in a snowdrift--and asking them not to tell his boss.  ANd, they wrote a letter to tell his boss how awesome he was, and he was told to never do that again.  ANd he said he understood (But didn't say yes) which is why he had to explain to the next people he helped in the same situation, that they really REALLY couldn't tell his boss.

That's how you do it.  You put yourself at risk to do what needs to be done.  You help others when going past would be easier.
Refusing to help someone because their beliefs don't match yours, that's not persecution or sacrifice, that's whitewashing your tomb while shoving more rot in.

I can't even fathom the mindset of refusing help to a person in need because of their politics. It's fine to disagree with someone, but you still have to treat them with basic human decency.

If the tables were turned and a tow truck operator failed to help someone because of a conservative bumper sticker, of course it would be shouted from the rooftops as persecution, but because it went the other direction it's all about "freedom." Definitely a double standard there.

I may disagree politically with many of my customers since I live in a red state, but I will still help them! I'm paid to help all. Even if I wasn't paid, it is still the right thing to do!

10 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I can't even fathom the mindset of refusing help to a person in need because of their politics. It's fine to disagree with someone, but you still have to treat them with basic human decency.

If the tables were turned and a tow truck operator failed to help someone because of a conservative bumper sticker, of course it would be shouted from the rooftops as persecution, but because it went the other direction it's all about "freedom." Definitely a double standard there.

Yeah Shupe and his idiot supporters are already claiming they're Persecuted Christians® .  I wouldn't be surprised if one of them went the gofundme route;

rawstory.com/2016/05/facebook-goes-nuclear-on-trump-loving-tow-truck-driver-who-stranded-sanders-supporter/

But at least one critic suspected Shupe had another motive in embracing the controversy over his refusal of service.

“And his GoFundMe page begging for money because he is a poor, persecuted Christian goes up in 5, 4, 3…” said Facebook user Colleen Mahony. “And there will be morons that will send this con man money.”

This is local to me. The official interview is here: http://wlos.com/news/raw-news/raw-full-interview-with-tow-truck-driver-stranded-motorist

This guy is a reall POS. Some of the things he says are ridiculous. Luckily it seems even the super conservatives around here find him disgusting. Eyeroll.

Editto add: I forgot to mention that because this guy was a dick the highway continued to be backed up for another hour or so too. Jokes on him though because he drove about 100miles round trip without being paid. Idiot.

Ugh, this guy

He remarked that these customers were the type to argue over a $50 towing bill.

As opposed to you, who is willing to strand a disabled woman over a $50 towing bill.

When I was growing up, I was taught not to have political (or religious) bumper stickers. We are a family of liberal jews in a liberal area with a decent jewish community, but its still a risk. People get attacked for that. You car could get smashed in by some neo nazis. Or, I guess, you could have services refused to you buy some bigot in cargo shorts. Its sad that we live in a world where a bumper sticker can affect how you are treated as a person.

I do not know of a towing company in tiny town that would do something like this. My family uses the same company because my dad is good friends with the owner and works with our insurance companies. They don't give a shit about bumper stickers.

On 5/14/2016 at 4:08 PM, RosyDaisy said:

I do not know of a towing company in tiny town that would do something like this. My family uses the same company because my dad is good friends with the owner and works with our insurance companies. They don't give a shit about bumper stickers.

Most tow truck operators are intelligent enough to know that if they did something like this the insurance companies, the Triple A, and other roadside assistance operations wouldn't touch them with a ten foot cattle prod.

Most intelligent business people in general know to keep their political beliefs on the down low when dealing with the public.  For example, Tom Schlafly - founder of the Schafly brewing company and Phyllis Schlafly's nephew - tries to keep mum on politics because no matter what he does or says it would piss off half his customer base either way.  (He's a Democrat who keeps his crazy aunt and cousin at arm's length.  If he was some sort of crazy teabagger I don't think I could drink Schlafly Beer with a clean conscience).

Archived