IGNORED

Teresa at Simply Farmhouse

uber frau

I fell down a rabbit hole while I was reading the comments on the S'Morton blog and found myself at:

http://simplyfarmhouse.blogspot.com.au/

Does anyone know anything about her?  She seems like she has the gift of bitchy judgementalism and a less than stellar grasp of the English language.  Her posts about how and why she homeschools are pretty damn snark-worthy.  It looks like she spends a hell of a lot of time making her blog look picture-perfect and a justifying her lifestyle, and seems to equate educamacation with a handful of (Christian) worksheets.

I don't know anything about her, but yeah, her writing skills are a little bit lacking. It looks like she and her husband are trying to push a basic modular house-plan for sale, and to date, they've had one taker.

The old Morton's blog comments are pretty great. Other than the conversation between various members of the families posting from common accounts, the comments section was usually peppered with like-minded fundies who were in varying stages of bat-shit craziness. I haven't followed up on many of them (and most were linked to abandoned blogs when I did), but the few that were still active were pretty similar to this Simply Farmhouse mess. It's the Jesus+Gub'mint Starter Kit: A few acres, a tired white woman in a denim skirt, 3-10 skinny children, and a Beloved Patriarch whom everyone, wife included, would call "Daddy".

My girls love school they know what to do each day..and get it done. We are so proud

of them. Such good girls.  They have been on the honor roll with straight A's all year.  We don't push for all A's but they are doing so well..so proud of them.

Yeah...that's probably not so hard when you have a mother who can't write properly herself grading your work. How well the girls test against other children, and the standards found in schools would be more interesting.

7:00-7:30    I get dress, make my bed, put on a load of laundry, prepare breakfast

Arrrghh! Get dressed!! I think I need to step away...

Before Dad gets home we make sure the home is tidy, I make sure my hair is fix and I put on something fresh and cute...the girls clean up also to welcome daddy home.

Gag. If I did that, he'd wonder what the hell I'd done wrong :) . Shades of the Rodrigues girls and their primping before their father comes home. Only he never really goes anywhere...does he?

And omigosh! They have a prayer closet, for real...

While praying in the prayer closet ~ I ask the Lord to save my lost love ones

:shock:

Talking about an upcoming snow storm. "Starting at 3 am Friday morning and ending around 7 am Saturday morning. Ya'll that is 37 hours of snow."

No. No, it isn't. 

What is it with fundies who can't do maths properly recently?

Her writing makes me wonder if she's ESL because her mistakes tend to be of the ESL variety, such as not knowing what the appropriate suffix is (ie fix instead of fixed, dress instead of dressed).

I have to say that it's a pet peeve of mine when fundies implement homeschool but their own educations are severely lacking. You can't hope to teach children properly when you don't have a proper grasp of reading, writing and maths yourself unless you have help and excellent material to work with. Bible worksheets need not apply.

This woman is homeschooling? Save us all. Unless I'm missing something, I do not think this word means what you think it does, Teresa. 

6:30-7:00    for my devolution time

Our family schedule   is far to busy that we fail to have family devolution each evening.

Just looked over her blog, what a hot mess!  I think whoever talked about ESL was right.  But how can she homeschool?????? It is beyond me!

Oh, you know, it's just her devolution time.

For me personally, devolution time is 3-4:00pm when I have to deal with after school traffic from the SUV set. Let me tell you, I devolve into a seething ball of incoherent rage cells when it's devolution time.

Oooh, maybe we could play a game where we try to guess what she actually means when she plays 'Teresa Says Words' on her blog. My guess is that 'devolution' is supposed to be 'devotion time'.

1 minute ago, Vex said:

devolution time is 3-4:00pm

Yep, that's my schedule, too.  Fortunately, this coincides with happy hour at the local bar.  :beer:

"Devolution is the statutory granting of powers from the central government of a sovereign state to govern at a subnational level."

I'm sure that's what she meant. 

Definitely agree English isn't her first language. Her younger 2 girls are adopted, with the youngest bio child graduating in 2002.

ESL or not (and I'm not sure she is), I think as long as people like Teresa insist on isolated homeschooling, the world will have nothing to fear from a fundie takeover because subsequent generations won't be able to think their way out of a paper bag.

I really do fear from these homeschooled children. They're already at a disadvantage before they've even started.

This is my 14th year to home-school. I also taught in a Christian School for 6 years. We are so thankful for Home-school.  No matter what type of home school you do whether it is A-beka DVDs or it is just one you put together your self...it is  all  good - its all a blessings.

Seriously??

And no extracurriculars?  No Scouts or sports or volunteering?

This is my 14th year to home-school. I also taught in a Christian School for 6 years. We are so thankful for Home-school.  No matter what type of home school you do whether it is A-beka DVDs or it is just one you put together your self...it is  all  good - its all a blessings.

English?

I don't think English is her second language.  I think it's her first.  She doesn't talk about holidays or celebrations from a former country.  No special foods or clothing to remind her of her childhood (like Zsu sometimes does), either, and no mention of her eight siblings.  Maybe she has a learning disability and never got tested (like Dna)?

We are so thankful for Home-school.  No matter what type of home school you do

I know there is no standard usage for the term "homeschool." I have seen it spelled out as two words and one word but not usually with a hyphen and she can't even be consistent within a paragraph. I'm sure it is a term that comes up frequently for her so I would advise her to pick a form and go with it throughout the blog.

6:30-7:00    for my devolution time.

7:00-7:30    I get dress make my bed, put on a load of laundry, prepare breakfast

7:30-8:00    The children up to get dress, make their beds, eat breakfast

8:00-2:00    Our School hours

10:00-10:15 We take a small break/ I prepare lunch here.

12:30-1:00   Lunch Time/ I work on getting supper started.

1:00 -2:00    Finish up School

Even this simple schedule drives me crazy because she has capitalized all of the entries except the first.  Why? Now that I look at it she just capitalizes whatever takes her fancy, "Lunch Time" but not "devolution time."

A friend is someone who over looks your broken fence - and admires your flowers in your garden

Overlooks is NOT the same as over looks.  Gah

I have to quit.  So many errors so little time.  I have to say this is the worst testimonial for homeschooling I have ever seen.

I looked at her blog yesterday. Her posts are hard to read just because of the writing errors but I agree that she sounds like someone who does not speak English as a first language. Her house really is gorgeous! 

What a selfish, selfish person she is. 

She is barely literate.  I don't say that lightly.  She cannot use punctuation.  She cannot conjugate very basic English verbs.  Now she's going to condemn her children to illiteracy as well.  

And there is noone out there that can stop her. That makes me really sick. Those poor kids haven't got any chance.

14 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

She's deleted everything except the house related stuff. 

Par for the course.  Ignorant, selfish parent broadcasts her ignorance and selfishness on the internet then can't defend her own actions when others point out her awful behaviour.

Archived