IGNORED

Former Toronto Mayor Rob Ford isn't doing well.

47of74

Former Mayor and shall we say colorful figure Rob Ford is in palliative care now...

thestar.com/news/gta/2016/03/21/rob-ford-is-in-palliative-care-his-office-confirms.html

Rob Ford’s family is trying to make him as comfortable as possible as he continues to battle cancer in palliative care at Mount Sinai Hospital, his office has confirmed.

“Family members have been with him around the clock,” Ford’s brother and former city councillor Doug told the Star. “I have been at the hospital for the last five days and nights by his side.

“Rob is a fighter and continues to fight. We are so grateful for all the support for him from all over the world it is incredible!! We want to thank the Doc’s and Staff at the hospital they all have been amazing.”

Ford, who dropped his mayoral reelection campaign in 2014 due to illness and was diagnosed with pleomorphic liposarcoma, was readmitted to hospital last fall after doctors found tumours on his bladder.

Yeah he was crude and sexist.  But I hope he's comfortable and on the road to recovery.  Or if that's not to be that he has an easy journey.

Sadly, he has died.

12 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

Sadly, he has died.

Wow, that was fast. :(  I feel for his family.

Just now, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Wow, that was fast. :(  I feel for his family.

Me too.  Say what you will about the guy, he was only 46. Cancer sucks so badly.  

Palliative often implies that the condition is terminal, but I'm surprised they didn't say hospice.  Godspeed.

1 hour ago, Julifornia said:

Palliative often implies that the condition is terminal, but I'm surprised they didn't say hospice.  Godspeed.

I remember when my Grandma was going my aunt, the doctor, and the local hospice were considering either having her in palliative care or hospice care.  They decided to go with hospice care, she was only in hospice care a few days before she passed on.

:(

I'm not forgetting who Rob Ford was but I hope he had an easy passing and rests in peace.  And sympathy to the family.

Rob Ford was the mayor of Toronto, admitted to drug abuse and drunk driving, there were sexual assault allegations - the works. 

IAnyway, he is gone now, RIP Rob Ford!

He was ill for 18 months and hospitalized for the last month or so.  Crack, gang members, drunk driving, numerous domestic calls to his house.  Called his wife a whore to his Chief of Staff (Renata Ford, that is)....list goes on and on and on.  As a citizen of Toronto, he was an embarrassment to my city.  Obviously not cheering for anyone's death, but to watch and listen to a number of politicians and public figures here today talk about how much he loved Toronto etc  and how he was good despite his "flaws" is about to make my head explode. 

2 hours ago, tropaka said:

He was ill for 18 months and hospitalized for the last month or so.  Crack, gang members, drunk driving, numerous domestic calls to his house.  Called his wife a whore to his Chief of Staff (Renata Ford, that is)....list goes on and on and on.  As a citizen of Toronto, he was an embarrassment to my city.  Obviously not cheering for anyone's death, but to watch and listen to a number of politicians and public figures here today talk about how much he loved Toronto etc  and how he was good despite his "flaws" is about to make my head explode. 

I certainly haven't forgotten his past.  Part of it is cancer sucks a fat one and part of it is treating Rob Ford as I'd want to be treated in a similar circumstance knowing it'll score some points with the big guy upstairs.

I don't think I knew half of this about Ford. I only remember hearing about the crack. What a sad story

Archived