IGNORED

Supreme Court Nomination - Merged

SpoonfulOSugar

3 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

It seriously embarrasses me.  I feel like the laughingstock of the world these days. :(

For sure. At least when you mention your state, people think "oh, mediocre to good horror writer" or "oh" instead of "OMG WHAT DO YOU KNOW SARAH CRAZY PALIN? WHERE IS YOUR ACCENT?" 

11 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

:pb_lol:

They are as reasonable as toddlers

Partially replying to you and what ShepherdontheRock has said, yes, they are. And there are really only two ways to deal with obstinate toddlers: tell them how it's going to be because mommy says so, or give them what they want (which doesn't always work, because they just decided they wanted teddy grahams, not oreos). I think Obama has tried to reason and negotiate with them as much as he can, but usually ends up having to take the 'do it because mommy said so' approach, because they aren't willing to compromise anywhere. But given that these particular toddlers have power given to them by money and the constitution, this doesn't always work. I think he's done a pretty good job, all things considered.

1 minute ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

It seriously embarrasses me.  I feel like the laughingstock of the world these days. :(

Don't worry we all have our garden variety of horrid politicians. 

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

For sure. At least when you mention your state, people think "oh, mediocre to good horror writer" or "oh" instead of "OMG WHAT DO YOU KNOW SARAH CRAZY PALIN? WHERE IS YOUR ACCENT?" 

Um.  Paul LaPage.

Chris Christie's assholish cousin.

He's like a warning preview of a Trump Presidency.

8 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

Um.  Paul LaPage.

Chris Christie's assholish cousin.

He's like a warning preview of a Trump Presidency.

Ugh, I'm so sorry. 

My state has Snyder as the governor. He is a rich businessman that decided to get into politics and fix Michigan. There is already a thread for the Flint water crisis, so I won't vent much about that here. All I will say is I am very angry with him right now.

The Republicans have 24 seats up for election in the senate this year. Things could go very badly for them if they keep acting like toddler.

I'm not particularly thrilled with my state's governor, but at the time he was elected, it was between him and a batshit crazy Republican. Also, his (batshit crazy Republican) predecessor was convicted on corruption charges...

Thankfully both senators are Democrats. I hope neither is asked to run for VP, seeing as neither is up for reelection yet. 

On 3/20/2016 at 8:27 AM, Ali said:

My state has Snyder as the governor. He is a rich businessman that decided to get into politics and fix Michigan. There is already a thread for the Flint water crisis, so I won't vent much about that here. All I will say is I am very angry with him right now.

The Republicans have 24 seats up for election in the senate this year. Things could go very badly for them if they keep acting like toddler.

Oh my, that's really scary, Snyder is the devil.  :devilish:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/phyllis-schlafly-no-scotus-nominee-until-we-have-republican-who-will-appoint-somebody-nature

And if the US happens to elect a Democrat (or other non-Republican) in November, what's going to happen then? Four years of the Senate pitching a fit and falling into it?

>>“We need the Republicans to stand firm and say, ‘We’ve got a big election coming up and that should change the complexion of the Supreme Court and we don’t want any new nominee on the court until we have a Republican who will appoint somebody of the nature of Scalia,’” Schlafly told host Mark Walters on March 20. (She did not specify whether she was simply hoping that the next president will be a Republican or if she was suggesting that the GOP block all Democratic Supreme Court picks in the future.)<<

18 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/phyllis-schlafly-no-scotus-nominee-until-we-have-republican-who-will-appoint-somebody-nature

And if the US happens to elect a Democrat (or other non-Republican) in November, what's going to happen then? Four years of the Senate pitching a fit and falling into it?

>>“We need the Republicans to stand firm and say, ‘We’ve got a big election coming up and that should change the complexion of the Supreme Court and we don’t want any new nominee on the court until we have a Republican who will appoint somebody of the nature of Scalia,’” Schlafly told host Mark Walters on March 20. (She did not specify whether she was simply hoping that the next president will be a Republican or if she was suggesting that the GOP block all Democratic Supreme Court picks in the future.)<<

Ugh Phyllis Schlafly. Why does anyone care what she has to say?

On 3/24/2016 at 1:40 PM, ShepherdontheRock said:

Ugh Phyllis Schlafly. Why does anyone care what she has to say?

I thought she was dead.

Archived