IGNORED

Passport2purity

SunnyAndrsn

I'm not breaking up this link, this 'product' is such crap!

http://www.familylife.com/site/c.dnJHKL ... Purity.htm

From the site:

How do I talk to my kids about purity if I was sexually active as a teenager?

If your child does ask a pointed question, we recommend that you not give a complete answer—at least for now. Here's a suggested response: "That's a good question and someday when you are an adult and more mature, I want to answer you more fully. But for now, that information is off limits."

If your child is not satisfied and persists, you may want to admit that "I made some mistakes I really regret"—but not share further details. It's better if children do not know that much about the failures of their parents when they are young. Continue to hold up a high standard and don't be a stumbling block. (See Romans 14:13.)

In other words, the makers of passport2purity believe that children age 10-15 are dumb, and can't read between the lines when parents give an evasive answer.

My favorite part? Take your kid away for the weekend so they can't escape the indoctrination.

Dennis and Barbara Rainey are the twits peddling this product. Purity ring is not included. I googled Dennis and Barb, as the names rang a bell. http:// www. familylife dot com

In other words, Passport2Purity recommends the parents lie. This is not a good way to have a relationship with your child. Kids are not stupid and they know when they're being fed a line.

Oh for crying out loud. If the kid is old enough to have the mind to 'ask a pointed question', s/he is old enough to need to know the answer--and to know when the parent is avoiding the question.

Little Rock has been infiltrated by Family Life for a number of years now, when they opened their HQ there. They have utterly spoiled the homeschooling atmosphere there with this bullshit.

My kids will not get an evasive answer from me. I don't believe my sexual history is something to be ashamed of.

Yes, because heaven forbid you be honest with your children.

Seriously, what's wrong with these people? Okay, I don't really look forward to telling my daughters that I was pressured into sex at 16 by a boyfriend who was a physical and emotional bully, but if it helps them avoid the same mistakes? You better believe I'll let them know.

Though I suppose they're very invested in the idea that Mommy and Daddy are perfect, since the parents are to control every aspect of the kids' lives.

Archived