IGNORED

One Million Moms to Olive Garden: Stop Siding With Satan!

Elegant Mess

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a big fan of Olive Garden, the one here in Dover isn't that great, that said if One Million Moms has a bug up with their ass about them, that makes my opinion go of them improve considerably.

15 hours ago, refugee said:

I've only seen the ads for the show, but the premise seems to be what would happen if Satan came to earth and lived in society as a man named Lucifer.

Subtle.

3 hours ago, princessmahina said:

I freaking love taco bell. Those potato tacos are like crack to me. I go there probably once a month- which is a lot for someone who typically hates fast food. 

I also discovered McDonald's mozzarella sticks last time I was on a road trip. Man, those things were good. Beats Arby's any day of the week. 

Cracker Barrel isn't too bad- I really love their double fudge chocolate Coca Cola cake. Mmm.. It's a challenge to eat there as a vegetarian though. And now that I'm practically vegan, there are fewer places at which I can eat out. Which is probably a good thing. 

Arby's. Because, technically, it's food.

The Jon Stewart/Arby's relationship almost made me want to go to Arby's once. Then I recalled that they are all about that weird fake steak sandwich and went elsewhere.

Our local McDonad's, which I always knew was disgusting, recently got shut down because there were worms in the ice despencer. Like real earthworms. People found them in their drinks and posted pictures on FB.This was the final straw. The black mold and disgusting atmosphere apparently were not enough. 

I can't eat at any resteraunt at the moment.

7 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I have not had an actual entree there for years, but my mom and I have the soup, salad, breadsticks lunch there quite often.

I'm especially fond of the Zuppa Toscana.  

1 hour ago, slickcat79 said:

Hope That Helps got in on the boycott. https://www.facebook.com/wehopethishelps/?fref=ts

hope.png.01e4755f6ba148ea6a0eca20e0ebb82

I really just love the addition of "when you're here, you're family" at the end :pb_lol:

The boycott just reminded me that I meant to watch the Lucifer premiere on Monday and I forgot. Hopefully it's OnDemand...

Is that the same brilliant dude who trolled Target when they stopped gendering toys?

I don't tend to go to chains that often, honestly. Not a superiority thing so much as availability. The best coffee place near campus is independent, likewise my two favorite places to grab lunch when I have a few extra dollars and I'm not using my meal plan. Same around town; there are a lot of independent places that have great food and greater prices. 

If I take the bus to the nearby shopping center for groceries, I'll occasionally grab a Moe's burrito for lunch/dinner. Or, if I want to sit down and eat, I'll go to the Noodles&Co. 

The following is a public service announcement for @Trynn @PennySycamore@AnywhereButHere, and any other olive lovers: You can ask your server to add extra olives to your salad, and they will tell the person making the salad.  It's no problem, but sometimes the server/salad person will forget to do it.  But it works most of the time.  I go to the OG a lot for soup, salad and breadsticks, usually with my mom, and she loves olives (I don't like them at all). Enjoy!

5 hours ago, MarblesMom said:

OG is the McDonalds of Italian-themed food.  Ick.

No, I believe that would be Dominos. Or Pizza Hut.

Or Papa John's.

19 hours ago, Crocoduck said:

Warning: SEVERE thread drift coming...

What is the FJ opinion on the Fundy Favorite Chain Restaurants? In my observation it's:

Chik-Fil-A - good Christian values and spelling!

Old Country Buffet - for the 11ty hungry kids

Cracker Barrel - they like to pretend they live in all white 1800's America

Olive Garden - guessing for the unlimited salad and breadsticks?

What am I missing?

None of these are in my area(the closest Olive Garden is in Clay, a Syracuse suburb).  I've never cared for Taco Hell, although my late husband did, but it worked out since our location is co-branded with KFC.

I don't love Taco Bell because I think the meat is gross in theory, but their refried beans are, amazingly, vegan, so I often will pick their drive thru if I'm on a road trip because the bean tacos/crunch wraps/whatever are pretty tasty if you add enough sauce.

ETA: Funny that the location is co-branded with KFC. I've only ever seen co-branded Taco Bell/Pizza Hut stores. Must be a regional thing. (I know they're all owned by Yum).

I would love to do a Terrible Food Road Trip across the US, for TLC maybe? :)

It's not fair, you have so much choice of good and bad dining.  I feel deprived!

20 hours ago, samira_catlover said:

Not to mention you can evangelize... Wasn't it ExGay Greg and DeDe that cornered some poor gal at Taco Bell, until she was rescued by her ride pickup?

I think that was the Rodrigueses and Kimmie.  The R's asked readers to pray for Kimmie.  I suspect Kimmie prayed for her ride to floor it.

I hate chains so much, and especially Darden Corporation chains, so you'll not see me in an OG. Also, I think the food is gross, and as a former employee, I just can't. 

I really despise the rise of chains, and the fact that they are moving in to my area. We got our first OG a few years ago, and people (presumably people who, like me, moved from another state) went crazy for it. It seemed so bizarre. We have so many nice, local places to eat. Places that give money back to the community. Places that aren't just microwaving overly salty bags of "food" and putting it on plates. But more than the quality of the food and the terrible way they treat staff, its about unique experiences for me. I HATE that i can go just about anywhere in the US and get the same dish at OG or Applebees or Lonestar or a hundred other places that I can get back home. I dislike the homogenization of the US. 

6 hours ago, withaj said:

I don't love Taco Bell because I think the meat is gross in theory, but their refried beans are, amazingly, vegan, so I often will pick their drive thru if I'm on a road trip because the bean tacos/crunch wraps/whatever are pretty tasty if you add enough sauce.

ETA: Funny that the location is co-branded with KFC. I've only ever seen co-branded Taco Bell/Pizza Hut stores. Must be a regional thing. (I know they're all owned by Yum).

Sometimes they put all 3 together. #KenTacoHut

kentacohut.thumb.jpg.c67f4154d6d9f2579f2

2 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

I hate chains so much, and especially Darden Corporation chains, so you'll not see me in an OG. Also, I think the food is gross, and as a former employee, I just can't. 

I really despise the rise of chains, and the fact that they are moving in to my area. We got our first OG a few years ago, and people (presumably people who, like me, moved from another state) went crazy for it. It seemed so bizarre. We have so many nice, local places to eat. Places that give money back to the community. Places that aren't just microwaving overly salty bags of "food" and putting it on plates. But more than the quality of the food and the terrible way they treat staff, its about unique experiences for me. I HATE that i can go just about anywhere in the US and get the same dish at OG or Applebees or Lonestar or a hundred other places that I can get back home. I dislike the homogenization of the US. 

I've never understood the appeal of Applebee's.  Do people actually frequent the place?  They must, since they're still in business, but I don't think I've ever met an actual person that likes that restaurant.

14 hours ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

No, I believe that would be Dominos. Or Pizza Hut.

Or Papa John's.

Domino's for sure. In NY, it's considered Satan's idea of pizza, i.e., pizza sacrilege.

On January 30, 2016 at 11:21 AM, Crocoduck said:

Warning: SEVERE thread drift coming...

What is the FJ opinion on the Fundy Favorite Chain Restaurants? In my observation it's:

Chik-Fil-A - good Christian values and spelling!

Old Country Buffet - for the 11ty hungry kids

Cracker Barrel - they like to pretend they live in all white 1800's America

Olive Garden - guessing for the unlimited salad and breadsticks?

What am I missing?

Chik-Fil-A - I got to respect a business that stands by their convictions even when it means closing for one day out of the week.  I disagree with a lot they do/believe in, but their grilled chicken on a bun is a quick, not-too-unhealthy option for lunch once in a while.  And the nuggets are good to share, once in a while.

Old Country Buffet - Haven't been there in at least 15 years.  There isn't one where I live now but there used to be one on the outskirts of Nashville which my inlaws liked when they visited. ( I think kids up to age 9 ate free with one adult?)  There were some Menonites who would go there too, once my daughter got into an interesting conversation with a Menonite mom and daughter about their little head covering.  Decent food except the over cooked veggies and the fried stuff.  Good memories. (Loved their peach cobbler even if it was full of fat and sugar.)

Cracker Barrel - Nice when traveling.  Sit down for comfort food.  Also enjoy for days when I want pancakes for supper.  They have made an effort in our area and they actually donated money to some Lambda event not long ago.  Also, you see people of African descent eating there.  

Olive Garden - The food is a bit salty, but I love their soups and some of the pasta dishes are not bad.  It is not a "go to" place, but once in a while, especially since it is next to the highway exit.

Dominoes Pizza- Not as greasy as Pizza Hut; I like Papa John's dough better.  I boycotted Dominoes for years because they are anti-choice, but the main reason I don't order from the these days is that I like other chains better.

Taco Bell: Only if there is no other food and I am starving.

46 minutes ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I've never understood the appeal of Applebee's.  Do people actually frequent the place?  They must, since they're still in business, but I don't think I've ever met an actual person that likes that restaurant.

I don't understand how they are still open, and the parking lot is usually full. I don't know anyone who has been to an Applebees in the last decade. It usually is the punchline to jokes. 

I also am surprised that TGI Friday's is still open. Who is going to these places, and why? They aren't any cheaper than local food, the "food" appears to be incredibly unhealthy and the atmosphere is one of "hurry up and leave so I can get to my next table already". 

I'm not a fan of chains either. Well I like Five Guys a lot. Red Robin is usually my kid's first pick for Birthday dinners. Lone star opened up near me and everyone was so excited about it. We went and I swear everything tasted like sugar. Gross. 

I do try to support local independent places but honestly the places we have are awful. People rave about a few local places but they are meh, at best. We really need to drive a half hour to get decent choices. I am almost afraid to try new places these days.

Archived