IGNORED

One Million Moms to Olive Garden: Stop Siding With Satan!

Elegant Mess

http://www.thedailymeal.com/eat/fundamentalist-advocacy-group-one-million-moms-accuses-olive-garden-cozying-satan/012916?ref=yfp&_mobile=1

Apparently, One Million Moms is flooding Olive Garden's FB page demanding they stop sponsoring the show "Lucifer" on Fox.

I don't watch tv, so can anyone here fill me in as to what this show is about?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've only seen the ads for the show, but the premise seems to be what would happen if Satan came to earth and lived in society as a man named Lucifer.

16 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I thought they were protesting that Olive Garden's over-processed, gloppy, fried crap they call Italian food is Satanic.

Exactly what I thought—"stop siding with Satan and serve some sides worth eating!" Olive Garden food is essentially a little pasta embedded in cheese.

21 minutes ago, Granwych said:

Maybe this will bump Olive Garden off the Maxwells' preferred restaurant list---

And the Shupes'. 

And we thought those families were all about healthy, whole foods...

20 minutes ago, Othello said:

Exactly what I thought—"stop siding with Satan and serve some sides worth eating!" Olive Garden food is essentially a little pasta embedded in cheese.

Yes, and they know enough to take the paper off the cheese!!  (referring to the infamous "cheese paper" post of the Maxwells)

4 hours ago, Granwych said:

Maybe this will bump Olive Garden off the Maxwells' preferred restaurant list---

I thought they only went to Olive Garden because they received a gift card for one of the girls' birthdays... Repent!!

3 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

And the Shupes'. 

And we thought those families were all about healthy, whole foods...

Nope. Erika likes her date night dinners with Bob too much. She'll justify continuing to eat there.

I'm going to spend some of my precious dining-out money and go there for a fancy margarita and some stuffed mushrooms, just in protest of the Moms' protest!

I don't know why, but I now have the strongest craving for some of those fluffy breadsticks... *chuckle*

Don't knock Olive Garden. I will eat their salad all day long. Their dressing is like crack to me. I had to even find the recipe on Pinterest. 

9 minutes ago, socalrules said:

Don't knock Olive Garden. I will eat their salad all day long. Their dressing is like crack to me. I had to even find the recipe on Pinterest. 

The dressing is good. The lettuce is not. But I have enjoyed many a soup-and-salad meal there. Yumm, what I wouldn't do for some average-quality American chain restaurant food right now. I'm tired of pierogis :( #firstworldproblems

16 minutes ago, withaj said:

The dressing is good. The lettuce is not. But I have enjoyed many a soup-and-salad meal there. Yumm, what I wouldn't do for some average-quality American chain restaurant food right now. I'm tired of pierogis :( #firstworldproblems

Pierogi?  You're in Poland???

18 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Pierogi?  You're in Poland???

I am! Been here two weeks and here for one more before I head to Prague. And I don't really eat pork, so... it's spinach or lentil pierogis for me, all the time! I'm starting to eye the occasional KFC storefront with envy. 

Warning: SEVERE thread drift coming...

What is the FJ opinion on the Fundy Favorite Chain Restaurants? In my observation it's:

Chik-Fil-A - good Christian values and spelling!

Old Country Buffet - for the 11ty hungry kids

Cracker Barrel - they like to pretend they live in all white 1800's America

Olive Garden - guessing for the unlimited salad and breadsticks?

What am I missing?

The Shupes live in affordable foodie heaven. You can get good fresh meals for Olive Garden prices or below in several venues nearby. So the goop is a feature, not a bug.

2 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

Warning: SEVERE thread drift coming...

What is the FJ opinion on the Fundy Favorite Chain Restaurants? In my observation it's:

Chik-Fil-A - good Christian values and spelling!

Old Country Buffet - for the 11ty hungry kids

Cracker Barrel - they like to pretend they live in all white 1800's America

Olive Garden - guessing for the unlimited salad and breadsticks?

What am I missing?

Don't forget Taco Bell and Chinese restaurants, so they can pretend they're enlightened and multicultural.

1 hour ago, socalrules said:

I have not had an actual entree there for years, but my mom and I have the soup, salad, breadsticks lunch there quite often. Nothing wrong with those three items and actually cheaper than Panera Bread where you have to clean your own table, get only a tiny cup for water, stand in line, hope your order is actually right, and at the one nearest my mom's house, tolerate horrible acoustics that make the place so loud at lunch time that it give me a headache. 

Does this group ever do anything productive? If they have such a large voice, they could really do something good instead of protesting stupid crap. 

31 minutes ago, downtherabbithole said:

Does this group ever do anything productive? If they have such a large voice, they could really do something good instead of protesting stupid crap. 

Well, they do give us plenty of snark material.  So, in that sense, YES!   :pb_lol:

My American grandparents used to take us to the Old Country Buffet all the time whenever we visited them as kids, so that restaurant holds special childhood memories in my heart.

Also, yes, Olive Garden is fake Italian food. Still fucking delicious. I love their salad and breadsticks. Sorry.

I like Chik-fil-A sauce. That's actually the main reason I'll ever eat anything at Chik-fil-A. Besides their Cookies and Cream Milkshakes.

Taco Bell is fucking delicious and cheap.

And I eat fake chinese food when I feel bad about myself.

Ain't eaten at Cracker Barrell since before I can remember though.

1 minute ago, ShepherdontheRock said:

My American grandparents used to take us to the Old Country Buffet all the time whenever we visited them as kids, so that restaurant holds special childhood memories in my heart.

Also, yes, Olive Garden is fake Italian food. Still fucking delicious. I love their salad and breadsticks. Sorry.

I like Chik-fil-A sauce. That's actually the main reason I'll ever eat anything at Chik-fil-A. Besides their Cookies and Cream Milkshakes.

Taco Bell is fucking delicious and cheap.

And I eat fake chinese food when I feel bad about myself.

Ain't eaten at Cracker Barrell since before I can remember though.

You might be my food twin! :my_heart:

In my opinion there's nothing fake about American Chinese food. It has its own unique history, going back to the mid 1800's when Chinese immigrants started coming over to the US.

And as for Olive Garden, well, sometimes a little pasta embedded in cheese is exactly what I want. :pb_lol:

Archived